TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why is stock rear end raised?

diamondback

Anyone who buys a 500 horsepower Mustang and doesn't light up the tires really needs to grow a pair.

I think being the owners of these cars we owe the Mustang world a public service to light up our tires to prove we have the most powerful built Mustang ever. :hysterical: It's sad when I want to put the rear tires on my 66 coupe and do burnouts in front of my house. :hysterical:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do wish they would have handled the sales better though.

They should have either A) Built more or B) Charged more. Those are the only two variables that would have made the supply and demand curves intersect to perfectly clear the market. I would have voted for A. If they didn't do one or the other you would still have an allocation issue (i.e. who gets one at MSRP) They either underestimated the potential sales volume or the value (price) or both.

AND I hope I didn't start another ADM thread!!!! :hysterical:

They either underestimated the potential sales volume or the value (price) or both.

I think they are well aware of both...we are talking about very intelligent people been there done that for years. I think they are reviving FORD image and they put a package that they did not make much money on...(supported by the current adm and so forth) but will bring the spark back to FORD's name...they aced that hands down.

I think they are well aware of both...we are talking about very intelligent people been there done that for years.

Really?? Don't get me wrong, I currently own 8 Ford vehicles and love the brand. But they have lost a generation or more of buyers due to uninspiring models and previously (70s-80s) poor quality. There would be no reason to let all the excess profit on this car go to the dealers. If they really understood the market for this car they would have made more or charged more...(or put more features into it and charged more). IMHO.

Ok ok ok, so what is the best solution for the wheel hop.

Ford racing, rousch, stillen, steeda... Someone who knows please direct me. PM me.

Signed an old teenager who will love his car from the showroom floor to the track, street, and grocery store in any mod configuration on the way.

If I felt that way, I would sell my Shelby. Or I wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.

I wouldn't have either....but I feel like I/we were misled in thinking the 500 was something it's not...both in development and pricing. Let me ask you this. 1) It's the 40th anniversary of the 2007 GT-500...why don't we have the emblems. 2) Shelby was supposedly consulting with Ford and Mark Fields so what happened to installing Eibach springs etc.3) Both Shelby and Fields stepped out of the car during it's introduction and said this would be a car the average person could afford at $45,000...yes I went ahead and paid more and accept that. What I don't accept are points 1 and 2 where it was announced just a few months after purchase that you could spend $12,000 more to make it a real Shelby with the parts Shelby thought should be on the car and get the 40th anniversary blessing. Is that clear enough for you?

SHELBYLEADER..... It is still a 500 hp car for less than 50K $...show me another stock car that matches or best the value of this one for the price and i will accept your argument...... :talkhand:

Not many purchased it for under $50,000 and we didn't purchase just for big balls horsepower...end of story. You were swindled.I'm a Ford guy, but take a look at the new new Nissan if you want just horses for cheap.

I think they are well aware of both...we are talking about very intelligent people been there done that for years. I think they are reviving FORD image and they put a package that they did not make much money on...(supported by the current adm and so forth) but will bring the spark back to FORD's name...they aced that hands down.

This is why they are in junk bond status??? Leadership...don't make me laugh.

I wouldn't have either....but I feel like I/we were misled in thinking the 500 was something it's not...both in development and pricing. Let me ask you this. 1) It's the 40th anniversary of the 2007 GT-500...why don't we have the emblems. 2) Shelby was supposedly consulting with Ford and Mark Fields so what happened to installing Eibach springs etc.3) Both Shelby and Fields stepped out of the car during it's introduction and said this would be a car the average person could afford at $45,000...yes I went ahead and paid more and accept that. What I don't accept are points 1 and 2 where it was announced just a few months after purchase that you could spend $12,000 more to make it a real Shelby with the parts Shelby thought should be on the car and get the 40th anniversary blessing. Is that clear enough for you?

"Not many purchased it for under $50,000 and we didn't purchase just for big balls horsepower...end of story. You were swindled.I'm a Ford guy, but take a look at the new new Nissan if you want just horses for cheap."

"This is why they are in junk bond status??? Leadership...don't make me laugh."

AMAZING.

Clear enough? No. Please explain with simple terms and great details. And speak loudly!

You mean Car$ & Driver$. The same magazine that runs ads for "male enhancement drugs"? The same magazine that ran ads for "radar absorbing paint"? That's a great source. If I got screwed, it probably ain't the first time and probably won't be the last time. Welcome to America! The difference is that I completely enjoy my GT500, am very glad that Ford built it and Mr. Shelby got involved with it.

You mean Car$ & Driver$. The same magazine that runs ads for "male enhancement drugs"? The same magazine that ran ads for "radar absorbing paint"? That's a great source. If I got screwed, it probably ain't the first time and probably won't be the last time. Welcome to America! The difference is that I completely enjoy my GT500, am very glad that Ford built it and Mr. Shelby got involved with it.

It's quite alright being happy living a sub par life...don't get me wrong.

I believe the reason why the car's rear end is so high is because it is. I notice that slightly higher rise at the time of purchase but said nothing. I hoped it would lower on it's own. I tried a full tank of gas, junk in the trunk, swapping tires and nothing works. After carefully reviewing counting factoids of worthless information, I've decided to just accept the rise as some odd phenomenon that will continue to baffle and perplex................................

Airborne

My favorite scene is when the cops pull over the speeding ambulance and the wacky doctor gets involved. I heard that is based on a real incident.

Makes me want to sign up to be on "BULLRUN". You know... the one that Goldberg hosts on Spike TV. They will be casting for the second run soon. There is the potential for seriously damaging your car though. That's what keeps me from signing up. That WOULD be quite awesome to take part in though.

I believe the reason why the car's rear end is so high is because it is. I notice that slightly higher rise at the time of purchase but said nothing. I hoped it would lower on it's own. I tried a full tank of gas, junk in the trunk, swapping tires and nothing works. After carefully reviewing counting factoids of worthless information, I've decided to just accept the rise as some odd phenomenon that will continue to baffle and perplex................................

Airborne

Thanks I am sure thats as good as I will get.

Hmmm.... I am a little embarressed now. Although the rear end raised is still a valid question, the wheel hop was not a valid slam.

I took my car out this last 60 degree weekend and drove it hard, laid a little rubber with and w/o tracktion control and NO WHEEL HOP at all. With tracktion control on it hooked up pretty fast. I guess what it reads on the door jam is true "Dont use these tires under 40 degrees"

Shelbyleader:

What about the fact that when I purchased the car, it was to be a limited production for 2 years. And it was for 2007, 2008. Now we get another year to boot. (09) If I wanted to drive a common Mustang I could have bought one at a very discounted price. Sure, Ford needs to produce a car that sells...and sell it did...one reason it sold was limited production. I wish Ford would not say one thing then do another.

Hoping for a very limited 09 production. Ford needs to move on to the Boss etc... not dilute a good thing.

Sorry about off thread....

SC

Shelbyleader:

What about the fact that when I purchased the car, it was to be a limited production for 2 years. And it was for 2007, 2008. Now we get another year to boot. (09) If I wanted to drive a common Mustang I could have bought one at a very discounted price. Sure, Ford needs to produce a car that sells...and sell it did...one reason it sold was limited production. I wish Ford would not say one thing then do another.

Hoping for a very limited 09 production. Ford needs to move on to the Boss etc... not dilute a good thing.

Sorry about off thread....

SC

I had a very strong opinion like you on the same issue..but thinking of it now....they made almost 11000 units for 2007. 8000 units for 2008..and looks like a small run from the leftover parts for the 2009 to make room for early production of 2010 MY and GT500KR...so if you balance the numbers out it would be two year production like ford said.

Thanks I am sure thats as good as I will get.

Hmmm.... I am a little embarressed now. Although the rear end raised is still a valid question, the wheel hop was not a valid slam.

I took my car out this last 60 degree weekend and drove it hard, laid a little rubber with and w/o tracktion control and NO WHEEL HOP at all. With tracktion control on it hooked up pretty fast. I guess what it reads on the door jam is true "Dont use these tires under 40 degrees"

Diamondback, I've read a few of your threads which is nothing less than respectful. Certainly do not intend to embrass and yes I too questioned (but accept) the design. I'm sure Ford knows about the redesigned parts and how a simple swap could make it go away. Real question is why not? Did they do so and found it to cause something else to break, over stress, twist? I'll wait 'til Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) adds it to their FRPP website and cover it under the warranty before I worry about the obvious hop, high rear end. Looks like the obviously fixed it in the King of the Road, so there might be hope around the corner yet.

AB

Diamondback, I've read a few of your threads which is nothing less than respectful. Certainly do not intend to embrass and yes I too questioned (but accept) the design. I'm sure Ford knows about the redesigned parts and how a simple swap could make it go away. Real question is why not? Did they do so and found it to cause something else to break, over stress, twist? I'll wait 'til Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) adds it to their FRPP website and cover it under the warranty before I worry about the obvious hop, high rear end. Looks like the obviously fixed it in the King of the Road, so there might be hope around the corner yet.

AB

They do have parts that fix it. Order the FRPP handling pack FRPP M-2007-FR3SVT. It virtually eliminates any wheel hop and greatly improves the handling. You get adjustable dampers so you can dial it out and enjoy a stock ride or dial it down and slam it for hard cornering or racing.

Archived