TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NonSVT/PA/Focus dealer update

drlovegun

Just got this from my dealer in regards to the Lottery system for the small dealerships only getting one car.

"Good hearing from you, the "lottery" picks start August 31, 2007. I should

know a couple days after that if we hit the first time around. I don't know

how many they will be pulling but I will let you know. There are 37 names

in the bin each month they will be pulling some out, once the name is

pulled it does not go back in the bin.

I will let you know the next update I get, either 1.- how many they will be

pulling on 8/31 or If you got pulled."

So we small dealership guys have a new date to look forward to! :censored:

Thanks for the update!

I don't like the "37" number. Last I heard there were approximately 2,700 non-SVT certified dealers. If they draw all 37 each month, it would take them 6 years to pull all 2,700 dealers. Somehow I don't think that is acceptable for the 2007 MY. Are you sure it isn't 337? That would take it down to 8 months, which puts the final drawing at April 30th (May is the last month of the 2007 MY). And that assumes only one car per dealer.

So I'm confused.

It appears that there are two distribution/allocation issues that sometimes get mixed up.

First, share of nation...that is, allocaton of all cars that were not allocated via the PA/SVT/FOCUS/NEW-CERTIFICATION process

Second, order of production...that is, who gets theirs first.

Based on what I've read here and elsewhere, my understanding is:

1. Share of Nation: the "allocation" of these cars is complete (e.g. dealers have been notified if they are getting a share of nation car). No lottery and no incomplete business here. Rumors of a Vegas lottery were non-factual.

2. Order of Production: ( i ) PL/PA/SVT/SVT-Focus dealers got priority for the first 'round' of production...in other words, they all get one car before anyone gets a second car and before a newly-certified dealer gets a car; ( ii ) Once that "first round" is distributed, then the remaining distribution is handled by a lottery (...each month?...). This is the only meaningful lottery in the process.

Lottery here means dealer names are pulled at random for production. There may or may not be a "forced" distribution or separate lotteries for PA/SVT/SVT-Focus dealers. It makes sense that there would be a separate pull since ( a ) distribution is skewed toward that group and ( b ) it makes sense that a once a dealer's name is pulled, then its name would not be put back into the 'hat' until all dealers get pulled once.

But, this doesn't mesh with the fact that some dealers have received more than one car. On the other hand, those could have been purchased from other dealers, been power lease cars, etc.

Maybe my post is pointless because it'll generate more speculative posts. I'm not looking for speculation. I'm looking for information from folks that have direct knowledge of the process...either because they're involved in the process or because their dealer or Ford rep has told them something credible (preferably with documentation).

So, do I have the process correct? Five oh? Isell?

So I'm confused.

...Rumors of a Vegas lottery were non-factual...

Good summary, jrichard. That's about how I understood it as well. Hopefully we can get confirmation from our dealer friends.

BTW, there was a "lottery" in Vegas. Ford passed out a few extra allocations at the Vegas meeting as a reward for dealers who attended. Only a few cars though.

Thanks jr...this all sounds pretty logical. We'll have to wait and see if there are some differences, but I don't think you're too far off base. I'm one of those "new certification" guys..so I have to hope for the lucky draw if you are correct.

Dave

Thanks jr...this all sounds pretty logical. We'll have to wait and see if there are some differences, but I don't think you're too far off base. I'm one of those "new certification" guys..so I have to hope for the lucky draw if you are correct.

Dave

This is for "Select" dealers as opposed to "Contact" dealers that have a Ford Zone Manager that calls on the dealer. The Select dealers are very, very small stores and their Rep stays in the Regional office. They sell maybe 10 cars a month if they are lucky. They set aside allocation to cover these dealers. There is no "lottery" however to get thier cars. Every select store is numbered and they get their cars in that order by region. This dealer probably just think it works like a lottery......

Archived