TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone have these side windows/louvers???

I installed a set on my black SGT and they really change the look of the car. Great looking louver and you still have the use of the window. They might be a DYI, if your comfortable with disassembling the rear seat area panels and the possibility of scratching your paint. You need to insert a window removal tool and saw through the seal to get windows out. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the hardest, I would rate it an 8, you need to be really carefull. If you have never done this before you might want to have a body shop do it for you. If you buy the unpainted louvers, they need some work to be finished. I think they look great on a shelby/

• 1 month later...
I had them pre-painted by Silverhorse Racing and then installed by a local glass guy. I love them

Wow, that makes me want a set of them even more!!! BTW guys, I was asking a local glass man about how hard it is to remove those windows, and he advised me that they are easy to get out, but BEWARE!!! He said that if for some reason you lock your keys in your car and decide to break a window to get in, DON'T BREAK THAT SMALL WINDOW!!! It is roughly $1,500.00 he said! I about dropped my teeth! He said if you ever need to break a window to get into a car, break the driver's side door window..it's the cheapest one even though it's bigger...

Hmmm, maybe we could sell our windows on EBAY after we put in the louvers and recover more than the cost of the louver and the install...LOL

I have them on both of my cars and I love them. They look great because they don't protrude past the body and the verticle louvers facing the driver are clear, so you don't have a blind spot. I've painted the verticle louvers (the ones that are not clear) to match the stripe color of the car. They look awesome.

I have them on both of my cars and I love them. They look great because they don't protrude past the body and the verticle louvers facing the driver are clear, so you don't have a blind spot. I've painted the verticle louvers (the ones that are not clear) to match the stripe color of the car. They look awesome.

Old Guy, this post is totally worthless without pic's. We want pic's. Please

Jim

Old Guy, this post is totally worthless without pic's. We want pic's. Please

Jim

Here's a quick one... I was gonna put some pics up in a more appropriate thread but need to take some new ones with the CS66 chrome 10-spokes.

post-2652-1210090833.jpg

post-2652-1210090833.jpg

Andrew

I really like the quarter windows and am considering getting them. Can I ask what the glass guy charged you for intalling? Did he do all the interior work necessary or did you do that?

Thanks

John

John - If you want to hold off a couple of days I can get you some pics of the SO's car... Just like yours. We're getting the inserts painted to match the stripes just like mine.

Of course, I wouldn't hold off.

Mark

Andrew

I really like the quarter windows and am considering getting them. Can I ask what the glass guy charged you for intalling? Did he do all the interior work necessary or did you do that?

Thanks

John

John, he charged me $150 and it took him 3 hours and he did all the work you can actually download the instructions from SHR and they are extremely detailed.

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/product_info.htm

I did nothing. My body shop recommended the glass guy and said he was the best in town.

Good Luck ! I know you will love them.

Here's a quick one... I was gonna put some pics up in a more appropriate thread but need to take some new ones with the CS66 chrome 10-spokes.

Thanks for the pic's Old Guy. Really good looking. Looking forward to the close-ups and pic's with the 10 spokes.

Jim

The OED Ford quarter window is not that expensive...I had to have my right quarter window replaced (edge sticking out)...the glass place broke the originial one (it was planned that way...easier to remove and also it was important to me to not scratch the paint surrounding the quarter window)...then put in the new one. Cost: $310.00 (parts and labor).

GREAT looking car! How do you like those rear window louvers? I've been looking at those and thought about getting a set of them...

Thanks for the pic's Old Guy. Really good looking. Looking forward to the close-ups and pic's with the 10 spokes.

Jim

Old Guy,

I'd love to see pics of the CS66 wheels and a pic of what the louvers look like from inside the car. Do they look as high quality from that view as from the outside of the car? Thanks

Dave

Old Guy,

I'd love to see pics of the CS66 wheels and a pic of what the louvers look like from inside the car. Do they look as high quality from that view as from the outside of the car? Thanks

Dave

I love the louvers. I think you are talking about the side window louvers, not the back window. They are the only ones I have seen that I like. I was never crazy about the scoops because visibility is important to me. The prep is important, as they don't come perfect, but that is fairly easy for any good body shop or someone with the skills. The panels facing backwards are clear.

I originally had them painted all white, but after looking at them I thought the panels painted blue would look great, and they match my mirrors, which are also painted three colors (black, white, blue.)

Just in case I got it wrong, the rear louvers were custom painted also. Believe it or not, I brought it in to have them done and the rest just kinda snowballed, but I'm real happy with the entire car. The visibility out of the rear window is great, also.

The weather is alternating between rain and sun here, but this weekend is supposed to be great for a photo shoot. I'll get some up as soon as I can.

Thanks for the complements. I wanted to do something a bit different.

I love the louvers. I think you are talking about the side window louvers, not the back window. They are the only ones I have seen that I like. I was never crazy about the scoops because visibility is important to me. The prep is important, as they don't come perfect, but that is fairly easy for any good body shop or someone with the skills. The panels facing backwards are clear.

I originally had them painted all white, but after looking at them I thought the panels painted blue would look great, and they match my mirrors, which are also painted three colors (black, white, blue.)

Just in case I got it wrong, the rear louvers were custom painted also. Believe it or not, I brought it in to have them done and the rest just kinda snowballed, but I'm real happy with the entire car. The visibility out of the rear window is great, also.

The weather is alternating between rain and sun here, but this weekend is supposed to be great for a photo shoot. I'll get some up as soon as I can.

Thanks for the complements. I wanted to do something a bit different.

yeah, I was talking about the aluminum louvers on the back glass...I'm already sold on the side windows from Silver Horse Racing...Can't wait to get a set of them...when my ship comes in at the airport!! LOL

yeah, I was talking about the aluminum louvers on the back glass...I'm already sold on the side windows from Silver Horse Racing...Can't wait to get a set of them...when my ship comes in at the airport!! LOL

Sorry - I misunderstood. There are several makers of rear window louvers. Choose a high quality one. The thing you want to consider is how easily they lift or come off when you want to clean the rear window. Mine have 4 knurled knobs that unscrew and the whole panel lifts off. The other choice is the one that hinge at the top. I have had those on other cars and found that cleaning the back window while trying to hold the louvers up is annoying. I prefer to simply lift it off. It also makes cleaning the louvers themselves a lot easier.

I left the underside of the louvers black to minimize reflections in the rear window. Visibility is perfect. I'll take some pics from inside for you.

Sorry - I misunderstood. There are several makers of rear window louvers. Choose a high quality one. The thing you want to consider is how easily they lift or come off when you want to clean the rear window. Mine have 4 knurled knobs that unscrew and the whole panel lifts off. The other choice is the one that hinge at the top. I have had those on other cars and found that cleaning the back window while trying to hold the louvers up is annoying. I prefer to simply lift it off. It also makes cleaning the louvers themselves a lot easier.

I left the underside of the louvers black to minimize reflections in the rear window. Visibility is perfect. I'll take some pics from inside for you.

Thanks, that'd be great!

Archived