TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT in Seoul Korea?

stpracer43

Hey Gang,

I saw a Shelby GT on the AAFES Military Sales lot last week, but it disappeared quickly. Checked in with the sales reps and they told me it was delivered to someone stationed here at Yongsan Army Garrison in Seoul Korea...

Wondering if the new owner is a TS member as well? Would love to meet and get a look at Your car! Been without my GT500 for 9 months now and in need of a real HP fix!

Keith

Hey Gang,

I saw a Shelby GT on the AAFES Military Sales lot last week, but it disappeared quickly. Checked in with the sales reps and they told me it was delivered to someone stationed here at Yongsan Army Garrison in Seoul Korea...

Wondering if the new owner is a TS member as well? Would love to meet and get a look at Your car! Been without my GT500 for 9 months now and in need of a real HP fix!

Keith

Thanks COOL!

Will the military ship it back to the states when the person comes home or does the person flip the bill.

michael morris

In most cases the military will ship it for free. I bought a '97 Dodge Stratus when I was stationed in Japan and it was shipped home for free. I did have to own it for a year before they would ship it though. And they would only ship it to the closest port of entry, which was L.A.

Generally the military will ship one back to the states as long as You shipped one over to begin with. The rules do change from time to time though, but it shouldn't cost too much to ship it back even if he has to foot the bill.

So far, I've seen a GT500 (local Korean owned) and Shelby GT (owned by U.S. Service member I think) in the last 9 months of being in Korea. Man I miss my car!

Keith

Thanks COOL!

Will the military ship it back to the states when the person comes home or does the person flip the bill.

michael morris

Michael,

IT DEPENDS. If the person is married on an accompanied tour they military will ship one car back to the US for free. If the person is single the person will have to foot the bill to ship back from Korea. Korea is a rare bird. All overseas assignments allow for a vehicle to be shipped back no matter what except Korea. However the shipping is only about $650-$750 to bring it back on a ship.

Jason

I flew into Seoul, Korea just a few years ago. I believe it was Incheon Intl. I didn't like the fact if you went a few miles off to the north on final you got shot at. Kept you on your toes. I had a good time there. I stayed downtown for the week (5 star hotel). I even had some shirts made for me. Then it was on to Singapore for a few days and home. Not a bad 3 weeks in the Pacific Basin.

CaptDave

Archived