TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Wheels on eBay

SGT0701

So how did someone get their hands on a set of 4 brand new rims for the KR to sell on ebay????

I thought SAI was the only source to get these through and no one can get them unless they own a KR and have proof of that???

As long as there's money to be made, you'll see stuff out in the market.

Wonder when we see the first real KR hood that "will never be sold to the public"?!?! :hysterical:

I question if those are authentic KR Wheels?

I wonder if they got some alcoa wheels and then had the lettering stamped in the rim afterwards? Is that easy to have done?

Look close at the wheels here on the real KR and them compare it to the pics of the wheels on ebay.

Here is the real KR Wheels

Notice how the letters are stamped. At the bottom to the left side of the valve stem it says SHELBY and to the right FORGED. Then directly dead center it has GT500KR stamped in which is upside down.

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00001.jpg

Now look at the ones on ebay.

The spokes appear fatter and shorter. It has the same lettering stamped on each side of the valve stem hole. But look above that. It doesn't have the same pattern as the real KR shows. Instead of the GT500KR being directly above that centered, it shows SHELBY to the left and then GT500KR to the right and they are upside right instead of upside down like it shows on the real KR.

What do you all think??? FAKES??????

Image00003.jpg

Image00002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
But why would you want to put these wheels on your GT 500 unless you are making a KR Clone?

I would rather have the Super Snake 20" wheels that will come with the package.

some like 20" wheels and others like 18" wheels, both look better then the stock wheels. who said anything about making a clone?

some like 20" wheels and others like 18" wheels, both look better then the stock wheels. who said anything about making a clone?

No one........

But why would you want some wheels that have KR on them when your care is not a KR....

Its like these Yamaha, Honda, and Kawaski owners putting pipes and parts on there bikes trying to sound and look like a Harley....

No one........

But why would you want some wheels that have KR on them when your care is not a KR....

Its like these Yamaha, Honda, and Kawaski owners putting pipes and parts on there bikes trying to sound and look like a Harley....

so if I put the SS hood on my GT500 with twist lock hood pins and stock GT500 stripes is that cloning? let's throw in the 18" Alcoa wheels, the ones that don't say KR on them, more cloning? or am I customizing my GT500 with authentic SHELBY parts?

Cloning is the process of making an identical copy of something, putting a set of wheels 18" Alcoa wheels is far from cloning, even if the said KR on them.

so if I put the SS hood on my GT500 with twist lock hood pins and stock GT500 stripes is that cloning? let's throw in the 18" Alcoa wheels, the ones that don't say KR on them, more cloning? or am I customizing my GT500 with authentic SHELBY parts?

Cloning is the process of making an identical copy of something, putting a set of wheels 18" Alcoa wheels is far from cloning, even if the said KR on them.

Well stated... :superhero:

See you stated it there THAT DON"T SAY KR....................

This is my oppinion and everyone is entitled to have one...............

Its your car do what you want with it........Just like its mine and I choose to have CAI upgrade mine to a SS....

Some people like Ford and some like Chevy I drive:

07 M2 112 Sportschassis Frieghtliner

06 Acura RL

08 Shelby GT500

04 HD FLHSE 103

04 HD Wide Glide

07 Custom Chopper 120" Jims

Archived