TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Miles on your Shelby

Pony Ride

Its been almost 3 weeks since I picked the car up with 25 km on it and it now has only 253 km. Just not finding the time to drive it. Also I have notice the gas gauge is down to 1\4 already. Not that it matters but it sure is moving down quickly.

I picked up mine 8-5 and have 850 miles. I am getting 23 mpg on hiway at 70mph. In town with stop and go traffic I get 14mpg. Very smooth and very drivable for all that handling and performance.

One thing I noticed is it is only at 1100rpm in town in traffic. Runs fine at that RPM except when you start getting your foot into it and try to go back to the low rpm it wants to start bucking. It seems like the computer changed things for the way I was driving and did not like going slow any more. It took a some driving to get it back to driving at low rpm again. Very pleased but I know now that there will not be any winter driving. Just to much power for ice and snow especially with those tires. Oh, the clutch takes a lot to get use to as the manual mentions.

I have 1400km on mine now Kevin. If I drive it to and from work it adds 190km round trip. Still enjoying. Yourself?

There is a cruise every nite of the week around here so its been a lot of fun talking with people that are on a list for one, have dropped off the list and still trying to get on a list. I met a guy from St. Kitts that just picked up a triple black convertible California Special. The 2 cars sitting side by side bring tons of questions. Overall I am enjoying it but that first payment coming soon. Well, one down and 59 to go.

Archived