TEAM SHELBY FORUM

List of returned original parts?

As I posted on the other page, UPS has magically made over 300lbs of my original parts disappear last week. I'm currently in the process of trying to gather as much information as possible from SAI and others to try and help me get them back. UPS tells me that the shipment order requested to have one shrink wrapped pallet picked up, and to deliver one shrink wrapped pallet to me in Pittsburgh. They did if left at that, but as the UPS rep told me that they had picked up one 570lb pallet, and dropped off one pallet. The pallet they dropped off contained only my 4 tires/rims all stacked up, and shrink wrapped. I'm a pretty big guy but I know I can't pick up 2 tires, one in each hand easily if they weigh over 100lbs each. So I'm trying to figure out what all parts I am missing. Does any one have a list of the parts that they had returned that they could send me a copy of or post? I just need the standard list of parts for a 40th Ann. coupe with the brake system option. Also if you have pictures of the parts/pallet that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

My 40th is done and I'm awaiting final billing. :happy feet: This includes the cost of shipping my take off parts.

I must say that I have a lot of trepidation when it comes to when, if, and how I will receive these parts. At this time, while reading thru this forum, I have ZERO faith in the people at UPS :jackinbox:

I had mentioned to Adrienne the comments in this forum and I still don't feel confident that I will get everything back.

Has anyone used a different method or carrier to get their parts home???

Thanks,

Boedy

Sorry to hear of your hassles and I hope it works out for you!! Keep us posted>

As I posted on the other page, UPS has magically made over 300lbs of my original parts disappear last week. I'm currently in the process of trying to gather as much information as possible from SAI and others to try and help me get them back. UPS tells me that the shipment order requested to have one shrink wrapped pallet picked up, and to deliver one shrink wrapped pallet to me in Pittsburgh. They did if left at that, but as the UPS rep told me that they had picked up one 570lb pallet, and dropped off one pallet. The pallet they dropped off contained only my 4 tires/rims all stacked up, and shrink wrapped. I'm a pretty big guy but I know I can't pick up 2 tires, one in each hand easily if they weigh over 100lbs each. So I'm trying to figure out what all parts I am missing. Does any one have a list of the parts that they had returned that they could send me a copy of or post? I just need the standard list of parts for a 40th Ann. coupe with the brake system option. Also if you have pictures of the parts/pallet that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Take-Off Parts Contents

40th Anniversary:

* 4x wheels/tires

* 2x front struts

* 2x rear shocks

* 1 front sway bar

* 1 rear sway bar

* 1 front splitter

* 2x rocker mouldings

* 2x mufflers

* engine fluid cap set

* tail light wiring

* door sill plates

here is what one of my two pallets looked like. before leaving Vegas they were apart with the wheels seperate when tthe shipment got to me.

post-9468-1206930178_thumb.jpg

post-9468-1206930178_thumb.jpg

My car was shipped back to me almost 3 months ago, and I have yet to receive my Take Off Parts. I have long ago paid my final bill, including the cost of shipping the parts. I have spoken with Adrienne and exchanged email on several occasions. Although she has followed up with Shelby's Shipping Department, I still have not even gotten a commitment for a shipping date. Needless to say, this has become quite frustrating. There is no question that Shelby has serious issues with this process. It is truly unacceptable Customer Service.

Does anyone have the contact information for the Manager of the Shipping Department? Or, can you recommend who the right people are to contact?

Does anyone have the contact information for the Manager of the Shipping Department? Or, can you recommend who the right people are to contact?

Dave is the supervisor in shipping. Also there is Annie in transportation to talk to. She is responsible for every car that goes in and out of there. Another person to PM is Amy. I'm going too also. The more messages she gets the better. There is an issue with UPS and possibly SAI and their methods of shipping. It needs fixed and I think it would be nice of SAI help since they picked them. From what I have seen and heard its not the way they package it but that SAI doesn't have any paper work on everything that is on the pallet. I hope I'm wrong but has ANYONE ever received an invoice with with all the items on it? All I have ever received was the standard list, but there was parts missing on it. This is something I should have been able to have within 20 minutes of asking. I think I have constructed a pretty thorough list of the standard parts and the parts to the brake system. If I could ever get Adrienne to finish confirming the list, I would be more than willing to let them use my list.

Of everyone that had issues, do you all still have the list of cities the trucks stopped at? I'm starting to think that this is an inside job. This is happening way too many times and there's too many "coincidences". Packages being repacked just to meet the shipment order. No one ever knows where the pallet broke. Their amazing willingness to help find it.

People around me have told me that they feel the Pittsburgh UPS location likes to loose items. There maybe some link to the parts and a common UPS location.

I have attached a list of parts and prices that I think should have been returned. If you see anything that is wrong please let me know. The number of parts and prices for the stripes I think is wrong. I don't know if they even return them, but I just went off a list on a Ford Parts Site.

OriginalParts.doc

OriginalParts.doc

I have attached a list of parts and prices that I think should have been returned. If you see anything that is wrong please let me know. The number of parts and prices for the stripes I think is wrong. I don't know if they even return them, but I just went off a list on a Ford Parts Site.

I can also attest to the frustration of the return parts program, however, before sending Adrienne a bill consider this:

1. The door sill plates bend and twist when removed and are no longer of significant value.

2. The engine cap set is just that...a cap set that fits over and glued to the existing reservoir caps.

3. The OEM hood vents are removed and modified, so all that's left is the center scrap.

4. Stripes are all torn and wadded up when heat gun removed.

5. The faux gas cap ring is glued over the OEM...look close, it's there.

6. OEM muffler tips are welded to the muffler.

7. Fuel injectors?

I certainly agree there should be a "returned parts" list to set expectations right from the start. When they explained how the transformation is done it became a bit more palatable, but still a disappointing experience.

1. The door sill plates bend and twist when removed and are no longer of significant value.

2. The engine cap set is just that...a cap set that fits over and glued to the existing reservoir caps.

3. The OEM hood vents are removed and modified, so all that's left is the center scrap.

4. Stripes are all torn and wadded up when heat gun removed.

5. The faux gas cap ring is glued over the OEM...look close, it's there.

6. OEM muffler tips are welded to the muffler.

7. Fuel injectors?

1. The sill plates were in the list of items returned that Adrienne sent me

2. The engine caps were also in the list of items returned

3. Did not know that.

4. I figured they were ruined but no one would ever say they were not returned.

5. Did not know that

6. I saw that the tips can be purchased separately from a Ford parts site. I didn't know if the muffler came with them welded on or the tips were welded during build.

7. On the returned item list. Surprised me also.

I'm not trying to argue with what you sent me previously, McMullen20. I just wonder if they changed some of the methods, like with the Fluid Caps since Adrienne said they were returned. Can anyone support either answer?

1. The sill plates were in the list of items returned that Adrienne sent me

2. The engine caps were also in the list of items returned

3. Did not know that.

4. I figured they were ruined but no one would ever say they were not returned.

5. Did not know that

6. I saw that the tips can be purchased separately from a Ford parts site. I didn't know if the muffler came with them welded on or the tips were welded during build.

7. On the returned item list. Surprised me also.

I'm not trying to argue with what you sent me previously, McMullen20. I just wonder if they changed some of the methods, like with the Fluid Caps since Adrienne said they were returned. Can anyone support either answer?

I picked up my take off parts form SAI myself. I have a box that contains the original fluid caps. The new billet caps do have a plastic core. I'd have to drag out the box to see if the caps returned to me in the box are just the top plastic cover of the original caps or if its the entire cap.

Take-Off Parts Contents

40th Anniversary:

* 4x wheels/tires

* 2x front struts

* 2x rear shocks

* 1 front sway bar

* 1 rear sway bar

* 1 front splitter

* 2x rocker mouldings

* 2x mufflers

* engine fluid cap set

* tail light wiring

* door sill plates

here is what one of my two pallets looked like. before leaving Vegas they were apart with the wheels seperate when tthe shipment got to me.

I haven`t heard anyone mention the ring gear set from the rear end?

I wouldn't be so hard on UPS. SAI is not packaging thes parts to withstand the normal handling of truck freight. First of all, they are not shrink-wrapped. It's plain 2 or 3 mill black poly sheeting wrapped around a "pile" of parts on a pallett. I picked up my parts at SAI and there is no way they could have ever made it to Denver on a truck. Now my car was one of the first 15 done, but by the looks of the pics here, I don't think anything has changed.

I'M GOING TO PICK UP MY T.O PARTS ALSO--BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HOOD AND REAR END AND THE BLOWER?

BOB

If you have to performance upgrade, the take-off blower is returned as are the rear end suspension and brake parts. For the 40 Anniversary package, the hood isn't changed out. The hood vents are changed, and to tell you the truth, I didn't notice if take off hood vents were returned - they're not real high on the "care about them" list.

If you have to performance upgrade, the take-off blower is returned as are the rear end suspension and brake parts. For the 40 Anniversary package, the hood isn't changed out. The hood vents are changed, and to tell you the truth, I didn't notice if take off hood vents were returned - they're not real high on the "care about them" list.

THANKS--I GOING 735 SS SO I GUESS I GET EVERY THING BACK---ANYBODY KNOW THE SIZE OF THESE PALLETS AND HOW MANY ARE THERE?

THANKS

BOB

Archived