TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone live in Houston and have the chatter

lebest

I have the "clutch chatter" but damn its seems really loud. Does anyone live in or around Houston with a GT500 that has the clutch chatter? I would really like to compare my "normal chatter" to someone else. I live in League City which is about 30 miles 30 of Houston.

Thanks

Law

I have the "clutch chatter" but damn its seems really loud. Does anyone live in or around Houston with a GT500 that has the clutch chatter? I would really like to compare my "normal chatter" to someone else. I live in League City which is about 30 miles 30 of Houston.

Thanks

Law

Don't live in TX, yet my 08 has clutch chatter that sometimes makes me ask if I am driving a diesel!

Don't know if related exactly, because I have a Shelby GT, but mine had a chatter when I first got the car. Ford replaced my clutch and resurfaced my flywheel under warranty, and its been fine ever since.

I'll have my 08 GT500 at TWS this weekend as well. C'mon up and compare cars with us!

Get 3.73 or 4.10 gears and your clutch chatter will be GONE.

The chatter is wearing your clutch quickly. Several 07s that are approaching 20kmiles with the stock 3.31 gears are having to replace clutches due to wear.

Have not seen anyone with 3.31 gears get past 25k on the factory clutch yet......

Diving technique can also help a lot with the chatter.

Oh, and I am up near the HP campus on 249 and Louetta, you are welcome to stop by if in the area and compare.

what exactly is clutch chatter?

I found this on you tube for a different car but principle is the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Vc7IXfdSg

Am quoting from an article what clutch chatter is about:

"Clutch "chatter" is often caused by an overheated clutch (normally from "slipping" the clutch when starting on an incline) or from oil on the clutch disk. In either case, the clutch must be replaced"

the link to the article is:

http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/techcente...37/article.html

if any one who had a clutch chatter on our gt500 can post a sound clip would be greatly appreciated.

Archived