TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FLOOR MATS

tcrockstar

I am new to this site. I have asked alot of questions and everyone has been great giving me information. I have one more, does anyone know where i can get the factory set of floor mats for my Shelby GT. There were no mats in the vehicle when I picked it up. The dealer is looking into it (tick tock tick tock) I spoke to Bud @ Shelby and he said I probably COULD NOT buy another set. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to this site. I have asked alot of questions and everyone has been great giving me information. I have one more, does anyone know where i can get the factory set of floor mats for my Shelby GT. There were no mats in the vehicle when I picked it up. The dealer is looking into it (tick tock tick tock) I spoke to Bud @ Shelby and he said I probably COULD NOT buy another set. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This has come up a bunch. Do a search on the forum for the outcomes. However your dealer owes you a set...not to point out the obvious but someone will ask if you checked the trunk etc for them.

Someone at the dealership if the vehicle was brand new swiped them as you will read in most forums is likely the case...

I wish you luck in your search. I have been wondering if I would be able to get replacements myself.

I wish you luck in your search. I have been wondering if I would be able to get replacements myself.

My wife bought a set of Ford Racing mats for me on my birthday...I have been using them instead and left the Shelby mats in the trunk with the bag they came in. They kinda look like they belong, giving the fact that we have Ford Racing items on our cars.....

Unfortunately, you are going to have to keep pressing the dealership. There was supposed to be only one set per car and not avaialble otherwise.

Even though we have all heard this kind of thing on other items and then later seen someone who got them anyway.....I dont recall that happening with these missing/replacement mats.

You definitely need to track down the ones that come on your car. I decided to buy some OEM new take-offs (without the Shelby emblems) for everyday use. I was able to pick up a set on ebay for $23 including shipping...

If the dealer will not provide the original mats maybe you can force him to buy a pair of the signature style mats from SPP.

If the dealer will not provide the original mats maybe you can force him to buy a pair of the signature style mats from SPP.

That's a pretty good idea, but I would still push getting the originals. Something tells me this is going to be one of those items that is going to be very hard to come buy when the originals are destroyed. You know they're going to end up on E-Bay at some ridiculous price. I would take the originals out and put them away for safe keeping. We have the sig mats and they look great. They can be easily replaced.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25854

The reason why Bud says No purchase on new mats is because people will lie to the end to get another set of mats for their SGT's because you can not buy them any where on Earth!. I am NOT saying you are doing this but it has been tried by the best and the best have failed. So unless you can fully document that you DID NOT recieve the mats 1,000,000 %, your toast unfortunately!

Now I'm REALLY glad I got my set of regular black OEM mats today. I had no idea that the Shelby ones were irreplaceable--I just wanted to keep them nice!

:blink: oops... i guess i better remove my Shelby mats and replace them with Ford mats. i been driving the crap out of them. :ohsnap:

i need rubber mats that completely cover the carpeting so it wont get dirty.

or better yet... i want to remove and put away the carpet and put Rhino Lining on the floor boards :headspin:

I'll offer this up as an option. I have the CS mats with silver stripes. Since my 40th package is done and my car is to be back home tomorrow (YEAH!) I have no need for these mats. They're in virtually new condition - only the driver mat appears used at all. I think they were $220 new - includes the trunk mat. If you or the dealer is interested - let me know.

uh oh..... :o

i was removing one of my Shelby mats and the bottom metal plate under the Shelby emblem fell off.

i looked at the other floor mat and it appears that they barely have them riveted on.

i carefully hammered it back on but one of the rivets just broke clean off :banghead::censored:

yeah i was b****ing.... needless to say.

i kinda hammered the broken rivet back in just so the rivet would hold itself in place. i didnt want to throw away the broken little critter. :petting:

Archived