TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window Tint Question

motorjock205

Question about window tinting on the SGT....

What is being done about the auto up/down on the SGT windows when getting the windows tinted? I know every window tinter says don't roll the windows down for at least 3 days...Window tinters that I've dealt with in the past would trim the rubber on the inside of the window to keep it from touching in this case, but I'm not allowing anyone to trim anything on this car....

What would / did you do?

What is being done about the auto up/down on the SGT windows when getting the windows tinted? I know every window tinter says don't roll the windows down for at least 3 days...Window tinters that I've dealt with in the past would trim the rubber on the inside of the window to keep it from touching in this case, but I'm not allowing anyone to trim anything on this car....

What would / did you do?

Mine are tinted and didnt have any problem at all in this area. They were tinted last year and are starting to pull away at the top however. I will be taking it back in and have it fixed soon. But, No problems at all towards the bottom of the window

What would / did you do?

Mole Skin! Put it on mine and no scratches in the tint at all.

your post made me call the shop doing my tint next week to ask....they are putting in the felts (mole skin) and said there wont be any problems, windows can be used right away.

It's still a good idea to wait a few days before rolling down the windows to make sure everything is completely dry.

Motor,

I had my windows tinted by Custom Effects in Midland (the Ford dealership there sends all of their cars to them for tinting) and they did a pretty good job - it's official Ford tinting and looks really good. All of my photos on this forum are pre-tinting and I haven't had a chance to take new ones but I'll be at the Lone Star Roundup this weekend and plan on taking a lot of pictures (I might even snap a few of other peoples cars too). Come Monday I'll post a few of the pics so you can see what the tint looks like.

As for the slight window movement whenever you open or close a door, it didn't hurt the tinting so you shouldn't have any problems with that.

Matt

07's had a hard rubber inside sweeper 08's went back to felt. Your tinter should be able to replace the rubber with felt. I just purchased 08 interior sweeps with the felts at the dealer parts department and had the tinter install them when they applied the tint.

Archived