TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Prices and availability

trackeer

Hey Guys and Gals,

Haven't been here in some time, like the Mod's to the Sight and seems more user friendly. Was poking around dealerships in NH/Maine today and was somewhat taken back by the extreme pricing from 2 dealerships less than 15 miles apart, one in Maine the other in NH.

The onw in Maine had a 08SGT Marked up to 52K, and a 08GT500 makred up to 65K, wow, I thought these were very whacked numbers.

The dealership in NH had 10 or so SGT's, mostly 07's??? The average price in the low to mid 30's after discounts and rebates, he had one GT500 sold for 3K over list, seemed reasonable for the scarcity in this area.

My biggest disappointment was the fact this dealer had 10 07's brandy new, and was discounting them substantially from sticker. I beleive my friend may buy a white 07SGT for 33k, loaded, NAV etc, thankfully my purchase was 40k or Sticker last year and I was only slightly flesh wounded when he asked me what I paid, which was rubbing salt into the flesh wound as he already new.

But, it does not change my love affair with this car, mine sat through the winter garaged and had its maiden voyage last week-end as the ground was somewhat clear and I had to take her out. Now I hear were in for more snow.................Global Warming isn't in New England.

Moe in NH.

PS, this is no slam to any owner of a SGT, but those who are shopping it would seem the time to buy is at hand, I want to think this dealer in NH would take 30K to move some of these cars <ouch> :cry:

Blame the economy,Or lack thereof and Fords inability to properly market these cars.At 33K they are a great value!ADM's didn't help much either.The auto industry is in trouble and this in no way reflects on the vehicle.

33K is an awesome deal for these cars. Just too many SGT delivered too late in the model year. Why would you paid full price for a 07 when you can have a 08 or a GT500 at msrp. But heck...it's a great deal for a few lucky ones.

The O7's are "old" now, so they should be priced less. You shouldn't be comparing what you paid for a new one to what previous year models are selling for. Any of us could have waited until the 08's came out to try and find an 07 for much less at that time, but most of us chose not to for various reasons. I paid $37.8 in May '07; I'm happy with that. Morals of the story - never look back, hindsight is 20-20, Monday morning quarterbacking...you know all that.

forget what some dealer sold one for is willing to sell one for based on what you paid for yours. He does not have yours, he can not have yours. Only you know what your special csm number is worth. A dealer may have a worthless csm, but yours is YOURS!! Drive forward and don't look back

The O7's are "old" now, so they should be priced less. You shouldn't be comparing what you paid for a new one to what previous year models are selling for. Any of us could have waited until the 08's came out to try and find an 07 for much less at that time, but most of us chose not to for various reasons. I paid $37.8 in May '07; I'm happy with that. Morals of the story - never look back, hindsight is 20-20, Monday morning quarterbacking...you know all that.

What Ilmor said. I got my '07 at a really great price in September, just shortly before the '08's hit the showrooms. This wasn't a matter of waiting until the prices dropped, rather that I never knew the SGT existed until then. Had I seen one earlier in the year when they were first available I'd have made the best deal possible and bought it, period. If you want it and can afford it, get the best deal you can and go for it. It was 80 today in the Carolinas, a Shelby Day for sure :happy feet:

Jim

+1 Ilmor. I paid $500 under sticker and when I got mine that was a deal! Many people here paid alot more than that but they still love them just the same. If you don;t have the money you should have never bought this car or any car of this price. So I enjoy it and watch everybody just look and stare when they see my "faster than white" black SGT with 20" chrome Razors and GT500 spoiler with SGT stripes, heck I even can't stop looking at it!

LOLOL,

Guys and Gals,

Please don't read into my comments as disappointed, I am more stunned about the drop in price then trying to compare what I paid last April for mine.

But, for those who could not justify 40K or more, this is the time to look for a leftover 07 as there seems to be a plethora available.

I am shopping a GT500, and will decide if I find one what I'll do with my SGT, and if I can' find one for something resembling sticker I'll Mod the crap out of my SGT, SuperCharger, 20 inch wheels, brakes,

and probally still have money left over for McDonalds.....

Moe in NH

Hi,

New here...Per the last post..can you tell me what dealer and where in NH that is they have so many shelby GT. Looking at one at Greenway Ford in orlando, fla.

Price I have is 32200 plus tax. Black shelby gt with premium interior , wheel locks, sirus sat, and anti theft..Can I be doing better?

Town and Country Ford in Nahville TN, shows to have 4 in stock,2 Performance White,2 Black.This is not a link but the website is www.fordnashville.com. Click on performance/Roush mustangs and follow to the Shelby GT's in stock.Advetised at 33,988.They might move on that.

Hey Doc,

I don't think at 32K you have much to worry about, I suspect at some they may drop under 30K if some of these guys can't move the 07's they have. Or, perhaps a better interest rate????

The dealer in NH is Portsmouth Ford in Portsmouth NH.

GoodLuck

Moe

In NH

When I look at the Portsmouth website it doesnt show alot of 07's but you think they have alot? I will contact them Monday.[

I really believe $32K on these cars is a steal and one day, 10+ years from now, they should sell for that plus $10K! When everybody bought thes cars right out of the gate they paid for them and dearly!

I think Adam and Ross paid in excess of $65K for their SGT/SC's. But back then they were going for that kind of $$ because the GT500's had ADM's of $20K++. I love my car and have never owned a better and more authentic limited production car in my life. I can't take this car to the gas station without people just going gaga over it, it really brings that type of attention. I also think the 20" chrome Razors that have the word "SHELBY" engraved into the chrome that the people just can't get enough of either. I will add this too, if you dont want to be noticed, don't by a new Shelby GT!

Archived