TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DEAD PEDALS ARE FINALLY HERE!!! WOOT WOOT!!

The cobra head being used on the dead pedal and the gas cap is a logo of Shelby Autos. Personally, I think it is ok to add those items that include the new cobra head as opposed to the "Tiffany Cobra." I have the engine caps with the new cobra head. The new cobra head doesn't make a Shelby GT a Cobra. I for one am OK with that.

The Shelby cobra emblem on the new fake gas cap and other accessories is not new. It is from the 1969 Shelby GT350 / GT 500.

http://www.nvsaac.com/photogallery/images/..._350_1183_f.jpg

The Shelby cobra emblem on the new fake gas cap and other accessories is not new. It is from the 1969 Shelby GT350 / GT 500.

http://www.nvsaac.com/photogallery/images/..._350_1183_f.jpg

Thanks, I had never seen those before.

Also, I am not opposed to this Cobra Head image. I may have miss posted earlier if some thought that. As a logo for Shelby Autos, I think it is fine on our the Shelby GTs. I am opposed to the the Tiffany Cobra (ala the GT500s) and don't think it belongs on a Shelby GT. At least not mine. If i could get replacement caps for my wheels that looked correct, there would be no Tiffany Cobras on my car.

In the end though, to each his own opinion for what they want on their car. That is one of the great things about cars.

Thanks, I have never seen those before.

You are welcome. I often wondered if SVT had some copyright to the tiffany snake. I would like to get a cobra license plate like you see on the CS6 rear fascia of the Shelby Performance Parts 08 Winter Catalog.

If you read this Shelby, please make these available for sale.

post-19063-1206662450_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1206662450_thumb.jpg

No screws, no tape. Just tap them into place. They have stainless spikes that tap in under the foot rest area.

Can you down size your pic in your signature? It is to big and causing some of us to have to scroll the screen back and forth to read the threads.

down size it is!! how's your dead pedal holding up? does it move or does it hold really strong? Thanks.

You are welcome. I often wondered if SVT had some copyright to the tiffany snake. I would like to get a cobra license plate like you see on the CS6 rear fascia of the Shelby Performance Parts 08 Winter Catalog.

If you read this Shelby, please make these available for sale.

Yes, Ford owns the tiffany snake. Shelby can not use it. We found this out during the debate with the SGT cap that is coming out soon. We also found out that we couldn't use the old GT350 snake (facing you). Maybe we would see it on the 201x GT350? or not.

• 3 weeks later...
Ditto :jackinbox:

I have to agree, only because the SGT did not come with one snake on it, anywhere. So, maybe it doesn't belong. I'm still on the fence about this one.

I'm not Ilmor. I am still waiting for these to be released and it's matching dead pedal.

shelbypedals.jpg

Those really look nice. But I do hope that they are drilled on or like how our gt500 pedals are on, and not with the pedal clips (which loosens all the time)

Archived