TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DEAD PEDALS ARE FINALLY HERE!!! WOOT WOOT!!

Here's a picture installed.....Reg

From the looks of that, I don't think my big old size 11 would get past the dead pedal to push the clutch in....And I've wondered why there is a snake on the SGT pedal as well...I'm wondering if the SGT is considered a "COBRA" in any way....if not, then why all the snake stuff for it???

I may go with the CDC Dead Pedal...at least it matches the other pedals in the car....

LMAO, Why would the Shelby GT gas cap come with a snake.

I always thought that adding the snake emblem alone to the body of SGT is blasphemy but If SAI sanctions it by combining "Shelby GT" with the snake then I say it's kosher! The SGT hood scoop is derived from the "original" Cobra. So, if SAI sanctions it, the it must be real! I don't have a problem with that.

I probably will buy the Faux Gas cap, but I'n not sure yet about the Dead Pedal. However, you really can't have to many "Shelby" emblems.

My current SGT has 8 Shelby labels (7 stock + the map light trim). If I add the floor and trunk mats, currently being shipped, (3) that brings me to 11! If I add the three signatures on the gauges in the soon-to-be-installed gauge cluster that brings me to 14! If I add the gas cap and the dead pedal I'm now at 16! WOW, this is fun (and expensive)! :happy feet:

I always thought that adding the snake emblem alone to the body of SGT is blasphemy but If SAI sanctions it by combining "Shelby GT" with the snake then I say it's kosher! The SGT hood scoop is derived from the "original" Cobra. So, if SAI sanctions it, the it must be real! I don't have a problem with that.

I probably will buy the Faux Gas cap, but I'n not sure yet about the Dead Pedal. However, you really can't have to many "Shelby" emblems.

My current SGT has 8 Shelby labels (7 stock + the map light trim). If I add the floor and trunk mats, currently being shipped, (3) that brings me to 11! If I add the three signatures on the gauges in the soon-to-be-installed gauge cluster that brings me to 14! If I add the gas cap and the dead pedal I'm now at 16! WOW, this is fun (and expensive)! :happy feet:

I guess maybe youre right - If SAI has approved and manufactures the (allegedly forthcoming) Shelby GT "faux" snake gas cap, and I add that to my SGT, then my car will be officially "snaked" and along with the infamous hood scoop, is could be considered a "Cobra" variant. But then a question arises - with a snake on the rear, would it then be acceptable to add a the same design snake to the billet grille (is there one for sale?) in lieu of the Horse?

I kind of like the idea of the snake gas cap, snake on the grille, and a CS horn button.

As for the dead pedal, however, I like the one that matches the other pedals much better.

How does it install? screw or velcrow?

No screws, no tape. Just tap them into place. They have stainless spikes that tap in under the foot rest area.

Can you down size your pic in your signature? It is to big and causing some of us to have to scroll the screen back and forth to read the threads.

The cobra head being used on the dead pedal and the gas cap is a logo of Shelby Autos. Personally, I think it is ok to add those items that include the new cobra head as opposed to the "Tiffany Cobra." I have the engine caps with the new cobra head. The new cobra head doesn't make a Shelby GT a Cobra. I for one am OK with that.

From the looks of that, I don't think my big old size 11 would get past the dead pedal to push the clutch in....And I've wondered why there is a snake on the SGT pedal as well...I'm wondering if the SGT is considered a "COBRA" in any way....if not, then why all the snake stuff for it???

I may go with the CDC Dead Pedal...at least it matches the other pedals in the car....

I have size 12's with no problem...the stainless only covers the exact area that's there already...Reg

I'm just not crazy about the snake at all for the SGT, :nonono: but they sure will look good on the others.

Archived