TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My 1992 Daytona IROC R/T

Well I know, not an official "Shelby" badged daytona but definately a Shelby inspired car with the 16V engine used in the 1990 CSX Prototype... Anyways I’ve decided its time to look into a new project car so up for sale is my 1 of 250, 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T (1 of 60 in Black). I thought i'd post it here before sending it off to ebay as i'd prefer it go to a turbo-mopar member or SDAC member 1st.

Of course the car has the rare 2.2L 16V Turbo III engine with the Lotus designed 16V head. I’ve owned the car for almost 10 years in which time i’ve put hours upon hours of work and $1000s into. There’s 102,417 miles on the odometer with a little over 5000 miles since the complete engine build-up in 2002. The car has not seen a winter since 1998. The car is located in LaSalle, Ontario (just across the river from Detroit, Mi) and was originally a US spec vehicle that I imported to Canada back in 1998. For any US buyer who is interested I also have both forms (EPA #3520-1 and NHTSA #HS-7) required for importation back to the US ready and waiting so there will be no issue importing as it has all EPA/NHTSA(DOT) labels on the car.

The price is $8700 Firm.

Exterior: The car was completely stripped and re-painted base-clear in 2004. OEM decals and emblems were re-installed. The rims were re-finished also and hand polished. Aside from some few nicks and scratches the car is in excellent condition with no rust.

1exterior1zg7.jpg

2exterior2ji0.jpg

daytona2dy3.jpg

2exterior3tj6.jpg

7under1ld5.jpg

8under2ln6.jpg

Here’s a list of the performance goodies in the car that helped it dyno 320whp in August of 2007 on only 15psi of boost. With the right 3-bar calibration this engine will easily make 400whp and handle it.

T3 Engine Completely Rebuilt in 2002 (5000miles since)

2.2L Common Block Bored to +0.020"

Forged Venolia Pistons (+0.050mm) w/ Larger 0.912 wrist pins

New main bearings, rod bearings, and rod bolts installed

New oil pump installed

Full set of new lifters from FWD performance

New valve seals

Turbonetics T3/T4 50 Trim Hybrid Turbo w/ 0.63A/R & Stage III Turbine Wheel

ATP Turbo 3" Swing Valve (V-Band)

ATP Turbo 3" Downpipe w/ Dual O2 Bungs for Wideband O2

CATCO 3" High Flow catalytic converter (E-tests req'd in Ontario)

Turbos Unleashed 3" CAT-Back Exhaust with No Muffler

SRT-4 FMIC w/ Custom 2.5" Inlet

2.5" aluminum mandrel bent IC plumbing

1G DSM 1" Blow Off Valve

3" CAI tube w/ Cone Filter

Magnecor 8.5mm Race Wires

+20% 42lb/hr Injectors

Accufab Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

Custom 15psi calibration w/ No Overboost & 7000 RPM rev limit

Custom made alcohol injection kit (uses same hardware as "Devil's Own" alcohol kit at 1/2 the price)

Koni Adjustable Shocks on the rear

Front Strut Tower Brace

Stock A568 transmission with urethane "booger" shifter bushings

Tires are Dunlop Sport SP5000 in very good shape

3engine1cd8.jpg

6turbo3dv3.jpg

Interior: Modification include 30psi boost gauge and electric fuel pressure gauge in a-pillar pod and a 3-bar racing air-fuel meter. There is also a control panel for the alcohol injection kit in the center console and a lebaron traveler unit. A Chrysler remote keyless entry system is installed as well (From a Chrysler B-Van).

ainterior1da3.jpg

binterior2cp6.jpg

Couple minor issues with the car include the ABS light is on due to a problem with the pump (per DRB-II). Also the A/C was converted over to R134A a couple years ago but could probably use a charge (I don’t use A/C). There is also one small dent on the drivers front fender from leaning over the car one day... this may be fixed in the next few days. Other than that the car is in great shape for 16 years old as you can see in the pics. If there are any other specific pics you would like please let me know and I’ll take more.

Please PM me, email me at agvs24@cogeco.ca or call me before 10pm at 519-818-8740.

Thanks for looking. Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived