TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TORCH RED SUPER SNAKE COUPE!!!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MM, I hope it IS louder than stock. Stock exhausts aren't loud at all in comparison to other aftermarket exhaust Mfgrs.

I agree completely on needing a breakthru on the exhaust issue. Mucho Kudos to Mike Morris on the gorgeous car but we should not need to remove exhaust components and spend more money in order for the car to snarl a bit. I hate the thought of tearing into such a beautiful car for things like exhaust,and wider wheels(as some have requested) to accomodate beefier tires. I am hoping some running changes are made to the program to address some of the early issues that have been raised. Not at all trying to take anything away from this awesome program....just want to be sure that in the end the car has the intended tempermant and personality.

I agree completely on needing a breakthru on the exhaust issue. Mucho Kudos to Mike Morris on the gorgeous car but we should not need to remove exhaust components and spend more money in order for the car to snarl a bit. I hate the thought of tearing into such a beautiful car for things like exhaust,and wider wheels(as some have requested) to accomodate beefier tires. I am hoping some running changes are made to the program to address some of the early issues that have been raised. Not at all trying to take anything away from this awesome program....just want to be sure that in the end the car has the intended tempermant and personality.

and traction... :burnout:

OH Master Yoda ... I'm afraid that the M&M one has gone to the dark side.

Nah! It's the 1st weekend with his car and he's just out driving the scales off of it, wouldn't you be doing the same?

I was planning on driving the car after work yesterday, but it was supposed to rain. So I left her put up. Going to rain all week :banghead:

I had not noticed the DOT in the "E" missing. I went and looked and its not there. NOT a big deal. I will get in fixed monday or I might just leave it be and its part of the cars character. ALL the rocker CFs look that way. They feel to be cleard coated, but Im going to look into alittle more. I know this is ALOT of money, but I never thought the car would be perfect. Anything MAN made is going to have ALITTLE something OFF. I havent found anything that cant be fixed with just a minute or 2 of work. Pictures tend to blow things up and make them LOOK alot worse.

michael morris

We have done alot of them, but I havent looked to see what they are. Do you need me to find out for you?

michael morris

Do they need to do anything that would interfere with the new upgrades in the interior? I am a little aprehensive about letting a local dealer's mechanic tinker around after the car is modified. Just my own paranoia. I didn't get the recall notice until after the car was already in vegas.

Hey MM, How about some pics even if some of the samethings. I think I have wore out the buttons at the bottom on the other pics.

glenp22 SS0120 las vegas and waiting p a t ie nt l y.

Hey MM, How about some pics even if some of the samethings. I think I have wore out the buttons at the bottom on the other pics.

glenp22 SS0120 las vegas and waiting p a t ie nt l y.

I will take my camera tomorrow. I ordered the new mufflers today. I will take pics from underneath Wed. when they get here

michael morris

MM what type of suspension did you order? How does it feel? Are you satisfied with the brakes upgrade? How come the interior carpets do not say Super Snake on them?

Thanks for your time...

I have the Eibach and so far I really like it. I havent driven it alot, but I did get to drive on a short curvy and it drove GREAT. The brakes are REAL good, again I havent really pushed them hard.

How do you know they DONT say Super Snake? They dont, but I havent put the SAI mats in the car. I opened the box and looked at them, but Im NOT going to put them in. Im using the factory black mats.

Once I took the TC off the car is a BLAST to drive. That DANG TC really had me screwed up for a day or so, but now its AWESOME.

I cant wait for yall to get your cars!!!!

michael morris

MM,

What did you order vs what's installed now and why. Is it that the SAI exhaust system isn't what you expected ?

First you can have the TC default to off, but KB wants $200 for the tune. I can mash that button ALOT for $200. If I ever RETUNE the car for some reason then I will have it taken off.

I order FRPP M-5230-SGT. I was told that this would be the sound Im looking for. The exhaust on the SS is a Borla cat back with TOURING mufflers. They sound fine and most will be VERY happy with them, but I was looking for something LOUDER. I have wanted the car to sound like its pulling out of the pits at a NASCAR race! Thats what I want, but they might not be what others are looking for. I would wait until the car came in before I started making changes on the exhaust. Im going to try and put them on tomorrow. I will bring the video camera and do a before and after. Then the hard part. I will try to figure out how to post Video!!!! GRABBER HELP I NEED YOU!!!! :hysterical:

When you start the car you can feel the car. Does that make since? I like that, but I also want to HERE the car! We will see tomorrow!!!

michael morris

First you can have the TC default to off, but KB wants $200 for the tune. I can mash that button ALOT for $200. If I ever RETUNE the car for some reason then I will have it taken off.

I order FRPP M-5230-SGT. I was told that this would be the sound Im looking for. The exhaust on the SS is a Borla cat back with TOURING mufflers. They sound fine and most will be VERY happy with them, but I was looking for something LOUDER. I have wanted the car to sound like its pulling out of the pits at a NASCAR race! Thats what I want, but they might not be what others are looking for. I would wait until the car came in before I started making changes on the exhaust. Im going to try and put them on tomorrow. I will bring the video camera and do a before and after. Then the hard part. I will try to figure out how to post Video!!!! GRABBER HELP I NEED YOU!!!! :hysterical:

When you start the car you can feel the car. Does that make since? I like that, but I also want to HERE the car! We will see tomorrow!!!

michael morris

I can't wait to hear that! I may have to switch to those from the Corsa's I have.

Archived