TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TORCH RED SUPER SNAKE COUPE!!!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took these last week when I dropped my car off at SAI for the 40th Anniversary package:

th_DSCN0104.jpg

th_DSCN0103.jpg

Notice how it takes 2 reds to hold back the Black 40th - Black must be faster...

Thats FUNNY!!! Every picture we have of a Red and Black SS the Red is ALWAYS in front. That should tell yall that RED is faster.The KR pictures the RED is in front. Im not a detetive, but I know CLUES when I see them :happy feet:

michael morris

I had someone ask me for the pic of the inside quarter window scoop.

The rest are just the SS sitting in the showroom.

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

michael morris

MM,

The exterior quarter scoops, did they remove the window before they installed it..MM the black block off plates are aluminum or plastic vinyl like the stripes...

Thanks

Thats FUNNY!!! Every picture we have of a Red and Black SS the Red is ALWAYS in front. That should tell yall that RED is faster.The KR pictures the RED is in front. Im not a detetive, but I know CLUES when I see them :happy feet:

michael morris

I see the red with black leading the pack!

MM,

The exterior quarter scoops, did they remove the window before they installed it..MM the black block off plates are aluminum or plastic vinyl like the stripes...

Thanks

I knew the window had NOT been removed, but I wanted to make sure. I dont know what the block off plates are made of. I would think Alum.

michael morris

I knew the window had NOT been removed, but I wanted to make sure. I dont know what the block off plates are made of. I would think Alum.

michael morris

Michael, I changed mine to quarter scoops..Are you satisfied with them? Are they stuck on for good or will they fall off...? Thanks

Michael, I changed mine to quarter scoops..Are you satisfied with them? Are they stuck on for good or will they fall off...? Thanks

Im really glad that I went with the scoops. I dont see them coming off anytime soon. If they do I will just nail them on :hysterical:

michael morris

Make sure the nails are red...... :slapfight: Thanks MM for your time......

The 3M tape that comes with the block-off's don't hold at all well, I ended up having to remove mine with a low heat using a hair drier and gently pulling them off as they were starting to break lose from the window.

I used the best I know of, Made by duraco, it's called "dubl kote" the company is out of chicago and once stuck they will never come off.

The one I chose also has a foam core which is around the same thickness as the depth of the inside lip of the block-off's.

I may even end up using that on the heat extractors too, as mine are not screwed on even though there are four holes, the hood is just too thin there.

post-12167-1212697103.jpg

The 3M tape that comes with the block-off's don't hold at all well, I ended up having to remove mine with a low heat using a hair drier and gently pulling them off as they were starting to break lose from the window.

I used the best I know of, Made by duraco, it's called "dubl kote" the company is out of chicago and once stuck they will never come off.

The one I chose also has a foam core which is around the same thickness as the depth of the inside lip of the block-off's.

I may even end up using that on the heat extractors too, as mine are not screwed on even though there are four holes, the hood is just too thin there.

thanks for the info....

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the info....

Mike,

I know this has been hashed out quite a bit but it appears that most feel that the SS does not have quite the roar that was expected from the exhaust. I have read where you changed your exhaust and are quite happy. I'm sure that we want ever have the thump of a big cam from the good ole days but I want to go ahead a prepare to create more sound with my SS when it gets back. Would you mind sharing what exhaust you put on and any opinions of what you would change if you could? Mine is a convt so I'm limited to 605 hp. You seem to be the go to guy so I would appreciate yours or anyone elses thoughts. Thanks and happy FATHERS day to all.

Steve Crowe :shift:

I have posted these videos before, but I cant find the thread. The video in the showroom is the mufflers that came on the SS.

The video outside is FRPP SGTs. I really like the sound, its what I was looking for.

michael morris

th_MOV002.jpg

th_MOV001.jpg

Mike

Good deal, thanks, I will dig through the threads and find the information.

Steve Crowe

Archived