TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealership Experiences

DDT

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would interpret the "slap the snot out of you" phrase as a rhetorical statement. Besides that, some car dealers and salesmen deserve the "snot getting slapped out of them".

too make everybody happy...i would be willing to do a group hug with the single female members only.....

I would interpret the "slap the snot out of you" phrase as a rhetorical statement. Besides that, some car dealers and salesmen deserve the "snot getting slapped out of them".

Their first impression was that I was dead sirious until I started laughing at them........... :hysterical:

too make everybody happy...i would be willing to do a group hug with the single female members only.....

"THAT IS DESCRIMINATION"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slapfight:

:hysterical3:

"THERE WILL BE NO MORE DISCRIMINATION TOLERATED ON THIS NEW POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM"

I guess some people do not appreciate how bad it is to be screwed up by someone like DDT until it happens to them. then they will get the taste of it and i do not think the comment then would be "WTF".

Unfortunately most of the posts that lead to my comment was censored and taken out. if you are a moderator you can go back to it and read it.

"WTF"?????????????

I cant believe you quoted that phrase........... :redcard:

:censored: NOW WE SHOULD ALL BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

You know ...even if it will cost me the membership to this forum i will maintain my stand...You are some one who has no respect whatsoever to others property ..time...feelings. You go out and mess with those cars you tested knowing willingly that you were not buying them and then come to this forum to smurk..and laugh at how the face of that salesman that trusted you and handled the keys to you looked like when you screwed him up...

Yes that is in my dictionary...SICKENING.

Ask Kathy at Sunset Ford if I was nice and courtious to her as I am sure she will agree that

I was as per my statement in the post. Yes I do return respect and courtesy when I am treated

with the same.

And I have to prove nothing here because I know I would Have baught any one of those cars and

definately was not 100% sure they would turn down my offers..........

As for your assesment of me my dear;

You cant say you know me or who I am as you have never met me and are Judging only by

what is being Posted on this Forum.

Please pull the bug out of your :censored: and lighten up??????????????????

Ask Kathy at Sunset Ford if I was nice and courtious to her as I am sure she will agree that

I was as per my statement in the post. Yes I do return respect and courtesy when I am treated

with the same.

And I have to prove nothing here because I know I would Have baught any one of those cars and

definately was not 100% sure they would turn down my offers..........

As for your assesment of me my dear;

You cant say you know me or who I am as you have never met me and are Judging only by

what is being Posted on this Forum.

Please pull the bug out of your :censored: and lighten up??????????????????

:)

Had it been that those posts still available ..then readers will know what this talk is about...you got lucky and censorship worked for you.

"HAVETHE MODERATORS REPOST THEM AS I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE"

Infact I am upset also about the sensorship and I INSIST THEY REPOST THEM.............

Relax and have some serinity. You most likely are wondering "what does he mean". Let me explain, and you can make your own assumptions.

For me, serenity began when I learned to distinguish between those things that I could change and those I could not. When I admitted that there were people, places, things, and situations over which I was totally powerless, those things began to lose their power over me. I learned that everyone has the right to make their own mistakes, and learn from them, without my interference, judgement, or assistance!

The key to my serenity is acceptance. But "acceptance" does not mean that I have to like it, condone it, or even ignore it. What it does mean is I am powerless to do anything about it... and I have to accept that fact.

Nor does it mean that I have to accept "unacceptable behavoir." Today I have choices. I no longer have to accept abuse in any form. I can choose to walk away, even if it means stepping out into the unknown. I no longer have to fear "change" or the unknown. I can merely accept it as part of the journey.

I spent years trying to change things in my life over which I was powerless, but did not know it. I threatened, scolded, manipulated, coerced, pleaded, begged, pouted, bribed and generally tried everything I could to make the situation better -- only watch as things always got progressively worse.

I spent so much time trying to change the things I could not change, it never once occurred to me to simply accept them as they were.

Now when things in my life are not going the way I planned them, or downright bad things happen, I can remind myself that whatever is going on is not happening by accident. There's a reason for it and it is not always meant for me to know what that reason is.

That change in attitude has been the key to happiness for me. I know I am not the only who has found that serenity.

Here is my experience...

I was on Ford Dealer Connection and Auto Trader for at least a month starting in the beginning of Oct 07. I was seeing who had what and for what price. After many many emails and phone calls with asking prices ranging from 20K - 5k over sticker my persistence paid off. I was on dealer connection and happenned upon a 2007 GT500 at Dillon Ford in CT. The funny thing was, the online window sticker was blank with the exception of the VIN. No color, options or anything. I had passed on inquiring about this car many times but my curiosity got the better of me. When I called them, it turned out to be a Brand new 2007 ebony coupe, stripe delete, sat radio, interior upgrade...that's it. I sent the sales rep some pics of my 2003 Mach 1 on display at Carlisle last year and he made me an acceptable offer on it right over the phone. He then quoted me a price of 45K for the GT500. I made a 1K deposit via credit card to hold it for a few days till I could get down there. I drove down, made the deal and drove home in my new pride and joy on Nov 26th 07. One of the easiest deals I ever made. I was treated very well at that dealership.

Joe

"HAVETHE MODERATORS REPOST THEM AS I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE"

Infact I am upset also about the sensorship and I INSIST THEY REPOST THEM.............

The posts are forever gone that were in the order guide thread. That thread was not an off topic ADM rant thread. Some highjacked it and ran amuck for 2 days.

Let it go.

The posts are forever gone that were in the order guide thread. That thread was not an off topic ADM rant thread. Some highjacked it and ran amuck for 2 days.

Let it go.

Clean up all the topics this way and REALLY SIMPLIFY THIS FORUM????????

OK!, back on topic, here's my story...

I was fortunate to be invited to the Ford Media event in the SF Bay Area back in April 2006, and was given the opportunity to drive a 475HP prototype Tungsten 'vert, and a private dinner with the entire lead engineers at SVT.

Point #1 I want to address, the SVT folks were very clear with me, they told me they were looking at a 3 year build with about 10k cars per year, followed by the statement, "we'll build as many as they'll sell"

Additionally to a man they were all disgusted at the high ADM's (20k+) that most lists were starting at, at that point, but all said they and Ford Corp. had no control over what the dealers did....

After I spent the weekend with these great gearheads, I called dozens of dealers from San Diego, CA. to Portland OR. to inquire about lists and how much $$$, here's what I found, again, this was April 2006.

Most dealers had little or no information, some were amazed at my knowledge, and my recent weekend spent with the SVT folks. They didn't have a list, weren't going to start one, as they didn't even know when or if they were going to get one (even though most of my calls were to SVT certified dealers)

Many were short and/or rude, car sold, dealership owner keeping it for himself, or list closed etc.

The ones that had a list had varying ADM's, most in California were 20k plus...I said no thanks, I don't need to be the first on the block to have one. (oddly enough, in the back of my head I wanted a 2008, as I have a 1968 KR, so I thought the 40 year deal would be a natural, nevertheless, I wanted to get one soon).

I was able to get onto 2 lists in Oregon, the first was with Butler Ford in Ashland Oregon, with a $1,000 refundable deposit, BUT, but I was number #9 on the list. I did have a confirmed vehicle order confimation with my name on it and they told to expect a 12-14 month wait. I gave them my credit card for the deposit.

That keep me happy for a couple of weeks, and I started up on the phones again, and got on a list with Lithia Ford in Roseburg Oregon with NO money down, but they were asking $10k over MSRP. I was number 2 on the list. About 6 months later, some time in the fall of 2006, I rec'd a call from the salesman, he told me that the guy with the first position fell out, and it was my turn at bat, they had a black strip delete (both sets, the over-the-top, and side strips) He emailed me pics, and she looked very menacing....I asked him if I could call him with my decision tomorrow, he said no problem...His timing couldn't have been worse, as there were some personal issues that req'd me to focus on these more important family matters. I called him the next day an politely declined. **Great experence, this guy true to his word called me 6 months later without a deposit, and offered per our discussion earlier...

After waiting about 16 months with the original dealer, I got tired of waiting, basically (and I hate to admit this), wasn't really interested anymore, you know, LIFE HAPPENS, you move on. So I call the dealer (I hadn't heard boo from in months...) and request a refund, NO problem, money is refunded.

I tell me wife I got the money back, she says, YOU IDIOT! THATS THE CAR YOU WANT GO AND GET BACK ON A LIST!!

One of my clients and good friend (who had a Legend Lime 2006 GT Mustang) were taking and he expresses his interest in the new GT500, I had just attened the Nor-Cal Mini-Nats at Sears Point, and had the HP juices flowing, when I tell Tim, go to your local dealer and see what you can negotiate for 2 cars. He visits Kendall Ford in Eugene, OR. in early Sept 2007, where he gets 2 cars for $3000 over per car. Tim orders a Vapor w/black strips coupe, I order a Vista Blue/white strip delete coupe (mine with zero options, I just wanted a striped muscle car, like the old days)

His allocation comes up first, and picks his car up around Halloween, I'm back to waiting with no info from the delaer, I call, send emails, NO info, no return calls. They did tell me in the beginning that I would likely see the car in Feb 2008. I beleive he was somewhat satisfied, other than being shuffled from one person to the other from employee turnover.

It's late November, Thankgiving weekend, and I see a car advertised both here at stangsunleahed, and the same car on Craigslist, it was a fully loaded 2008 black 'vert for 3k over. I wanted a coupe, but I knew my wife really wanted a 'vert, and us married guys know how to make mama happy...It really didn't matter to me, I just wanted that BADASS motor!

OK, I know its been a long story, I call the dealer on that Friday (most people had the day off for the 4 day weekend), I speak with the sales mgr. He says it has been a very slow week, and he NEEDS to sell a car, any car. I tell him make it an MSRP deal, and I'll drive up (they're 180 miles north of me) and do the deal that day, he comes down to $1500 over, I say no thanx, he says give me something extra over the MSRP, I say OK, I'll go to $53,000 even, the MSRP was $52780.00, so I got the car for $220 over MSRP, I'm happy, he's sold the car, they had it on the floor for about 6 weeks (BTW, they did have it adverted originally for 20k over, I have the label as well).

My wife and I drove up, they got us in/testdrive/paperwork/gas fill up/out in 50 minutes, that experience was good, except I've since learned that the GT500's were supposed to come with a 'vert boot cover, and no one there knows anything about those, and the 3 people I worked with no longer work there...

There's my deal, over done, I love this car!!!!

I know one thing you don't use spell checker because your spelling sucks :hysterical2:

"courtious" correctly spelled is Courteous :hysterical2:

"definately" correctly spelled is Definitely :hysterical2:

"assesment" correctly spelled is Assessment :hysterical2:

"sensorship" correctly spelled is Censorship :hysterical2:

"baught" correctly spelled is Bought :hysterical2:

Relax and have some serinity. You most likely are wondering "what does he mean". Let me explain, and you can make your own assumptions.

For me, serenity began when I learned to distinguish between those things that I could change and those I could not. When I admitted that there were people, places, things, and situations over which I was totally powerless, those things began to lose their power over me. I learned that everyone has the right to make their own mistakes, and learn from them, without my interference, judgement, or assistance!

The key to my serenity is acceptance. But "acceptance" does not mean that I have to like it, condone it, or even ignore it. What it does mean is I am powerless to do anything about it... and I have to accept that fact.

Nor does it mean that I have to accept "unacceptable behavoir." Today I have choices. I no longer have to accept abuse in any form. I can choose to walk away, even if it means stepping out into the unknown. I no longer have to fear "change" or the unknown. I can merely accept it as part of the journey.

I spent years trying to change things in my life over which I was powerless, but did not know it. I threatened, scolded, manipulated, coerced, pleaded, begged, pouted, bribed and generally tried everything I could to make the situation better -- only watch as things always got progressively worse.

I spent so much time trying to change the things I could not change, it never once occurred to me to simply accept them as they were.

Now when things in my life are not going the way I planned them, or downright bad things happen, I can remind myself that whatever is going on is not happening by accident. There's a reason for it and it is not always meant for me to know what that reason is.

That change in attitude has been the key to happiness for me. I know I am not the only who has found that serenity.

I call it PEACE....and yes there is a reason for us to be on this earth ..and i agree ...not always we know that reason neither we always should but at least we try...

The similarity between the galaxy that is the largest thing our eyes can see and the atom the smallest thing that we cannot see (both has a core and particles revolving around it) indicates that this was not by chance or accident and that the creator of those is the same and we will answer to that creator once this journey is over..and once the time we were given in this big test (our life) is up.

LUCKY WHO SCORES PASS AT THE END OF THE ULTIMATE TEST AND NOT FAIL.

Jim Skinner Ford, Birmingham, AL. Found them to be honest and upfront in all aspects of the car buying experiance. Made the deal for an ordered 08 at MSRP on a hand shake, car was delivered and purchased by me despite a couple of offers for it by others over MSRP. Very refreshing to see an honest dealer in a larger city!

Relax and have some serenity. You most likely are wondering "what does he mean". Let me explain, and you can make your own assumptions.

For me, serenity began when I learned to distinguish between those things that I could change and those I could not. When I admitted that there were people, places, things, and situations over which I was totally powerless, those things began to lose their power over me. I learned that everyone has the right to make their own mistakes, and learn from them, without my interference, judgment, or assistance!

Nor does it mean that I have to accept "unacceptable behavior." Today I have choices. I no longer have to accept abuse in any form. I can choose to walk away, even if it means stepping out into the unknown. I no longer have to fear "change" or the unknown. I can merely accept it as part of the journey.

I love your attitude; my hope is one day I will learn to be more like you, I will try to remember this motto.

Made my deal at Courtesy Ford in Conyers, GA. The owner of the dealership is a hunting buddy of mine from several years ago, but I have always made a rule of not mixing business with pleasure. I never thought to call him when I started shopping for a Shelby because sometimes car buying negotiations can result in hurt feelings on both sides. When I began shopping in earnest I started searching dealer inventories within a couple hundred mile radius from where I live & couldn't find the car I wanted. I visited two dealers & made inquiries about in-stock cars & got the usual "my GM won't let the car go for less than $XXXX over sticker", so I had resigned myself to ordering an '09 with a deposit and hoping they would sell for close to sticker when the car arrived.

I finally stumbled on the inventory at my friends' dealership & found the car with all the options I wanted except a different stripe color from my original idea. I finally couldn't stand it & called him up and he couldn't believe I hadn't already called him to find me a car. He spent several days trying to locate the exact combo I wanted but in-stock inventory was beginning to dry up & dealers were holding tight to the cars they had available. My dealer friend asked if I had seen the color combo he had in person & I said no - so he said well just come take a look at it and if it's not what you want we'll work out a price while we keep looking for another car. I had nothing to do one afternoon & decided to ride over there - about 55 miles from my house to see the car & chat. I had decided to put on my best poker face and act unimpressed when I got there. Well, when I walked in to the showroom and saw my (soon to be) car for the first time I thought they would have to mop up the slobber where I had been standing! I thought it was stunning in person - and was immediately taken by how much more I liked this car than what I had previously thought was the "ideal" combination for me. I quickly went to change my shorts and found the Internet manager who had been searching for another car for me waiting. I had seen quite a few Shelbys in the flesh by the time I visited this dealership & was armed with current pricing & option info, so this fellow didn't try to waste my time with BS - he just asked if I liked the car. I feigned interest in a Black GT500 'vert and a Rousch 427 car they had on the showroom while we waited for my friend to come down from his office. When he came down he asked if I had driven a Shelby before & I hadn't so he says - "let's take this one to lunch - you're driving!". The car was in the middle on the showroom so he had to move 2 cars out of the way & opened the front door and tossed me the keys. He told the internet manager to get in the back seat (my kids can hardly sit back there!) and we went off to lunch. We talked hunting at lunch & never mentioned the car or the price and I drove back to the dealership in the car in the rain with the poor salesman in the backseat (it's great to be the boss!). Well I was completely sold on the car at this point & was prepared for a big letdown when talk turned to price. From what I've read here, most people would've grabbed the initial price he gave me & went away content - but I knew the price I wanted to pay so I countered and we shook hands on the deal.

I wanted to sign the papers then & there to take the car with me but it was pouring down rain & I didn't want to get it home all filthy - plus - I've been married for 18 years & knew I really needed to sit down and discuss it with my wife/finance manager. So, I reluctantly left - telling my friend that if they got a better offer before I returned the following week they could sell the car & I would understand completely. Well, 1 week turned into 2 weeks before I got things squared away financially and got my wife's full blessing to go buy the car, I called the salesman & told him I was ready to come get it if they still had it and he said he'd have it waiting when I got there with my family.

So before I signed to take delivery of the car I asked the salesman if they had had any other offers on the car before I called back. He told me they had several, including from several other dealers, but Randy (my friend the owner) "wouldn't let anyone even offer the car to anyone else" because he had made a deal with you.

So I went home two days ago a very happy customer and new Shelby GT500 owner. That, my friends, is how you make a customer happy and earn their repeat business and trust.

Feel free to PM me and I'll put you in touch with the fellow I dealt with at Courtesy Ford and tell them I referred you.

Tim :happy feet:

Made my deal at Courtesy Ford in Conyers, GA. The owner of the dealership is a hunting buddy of mine from several years ago, but I have always made a rule of not mixing business with pleasure. I never thought to call him when I started shopping for a Shelby because sometimes car buying negotiations can result in hurt feelings on both sides. When I began shopping in earnest I started searching dealer inventories within a couple hundred mile radius from where I live & couldn't find the car I wanted. I visited two dealers & made inquiries about in-stock cars & got the usual "my GM won't let the car go for less than $XXXX over sticker", so I had resigned myself to ordering an '09 with a deposit and hoping they would sell for close to sticker when the car arrived.

I finally stumbled on the inventory at my friends' dealership & found the car with all the options I wanted except a different stripe color from my original idea. I finally couldn't stand it & called him up and he couldn't believe I hadn't already called him to find me a car. He spent several days trying to locate the exact combo I wanted but in-stock inventory was beginning to dry up & dealers were holding tight to the cars they had available. My dealer friend asked if I had seen the color combo he had in person & I said no - so he said well just come take a look at it and if it's not what you want we'll work out a price while we keep looking for another car. I had nothing to do one afternoon & decided to ride over there - about 55 miles from my house to see the car & chat. I had decided to put on my best poker face and act unimpressed when I got there. Well, when I walked in to the showroom and saw my (soon to be) car for the first time I thought they would have to mop up the slobber where I had been standing! I thought it was stunning in person - and was immediately taken by how much more I liked this car than what I had previously thought was the "ideal" combination for me. I quickly went to change my shorts and found the Internet manager who had been searching for another car for me waiting. I had seen quite a few Shelbys in the flesh by the time I visited this dealership & was armed with current pricing & option info, so this fellow didn't try to waste my time with BS - he just asked if I liked the car. I feigned interest in a Black GT500 'vert and a Rousch 427 car they had on the showroom while we waited for my friend to come down from his office. When he came down he asked if I had driven a Shelby before & I hadn't so he says - "let's take this one to lunch - you're driving!". The car was in the middle on the showroom so he had to move 2 cars out of the way & opened the front door and tossed me the keys. He told the internet manager to get in the back seat (my kids can hardly sit back there!) and we went off to lunch. We talked hunting at lunch & never mentioned the car or the price and I drove back to the dealership in the car in the rain with the poor salesman in the backseat (it's great to be the boss!). Well I was completely sold on the car at this point & was prepared for a big letdown when talk turned to price. From what I've read here, most people would've grabbed the initial price he gave me & went away content - but I knew the price I wanted to pay so I countered and we shook hands on the deal.

I wanted to sign the papers then & there to take the car with me but it was pouring down rain & I didn't want to get it home all filthy - plus - I've been married for 18 years & knew I really needed to sit down and discuss it with my wife/finance manager. So, I reluctantly left - telling my friend that if they got a better offer before I returned the following week they could sell the car & I would understand completely. Well, 1 week turned into 2 weeks before I got things squared away financially and got my wife's full blessing to go buy the car, I called the salesman & told him I was ready to come get it if they still had it and he said he'd have it waiting when I got there with my family.

So before I signed to take delivery of the car I asked the salesman if they had had any other offers on the car before I called back. He told me they had several, including from several other dealers, but Randy (my friend the owner) "wouldn't let anyone even offer the car to anyone else" because he had made a deal with you.

So I went home two days ago a very happy customer and new Shelby GT500 owner. That, my friends, is how you make a customer happy and earn their repeat business and trust.

Feel free to PM me and I'll put you in touch with the fellow I dealt with at Courtesy Ford and tell them I referred you.

Tim :happy feet:

Congradulations and great story;

Ford would be much more popular with Stand up Dealers as in your experience.

Maybe we will here more good experiences from others.

"Courtesy Ford" is a good name for this Dealership..........

And the purchase price was???????????????????????

Reading through these stories one thing is becoming quite evident;

The capitalistic system works, if you have something that I want and you want what I have we we will do whatever it takes within our limitations to get what we want;

however the person that makes this process the most enjoyable gets to have many more exchanges.

CUSTOMER SERVICE IN SOME PLACES IS ALIVE AND WELL.

Reading through these stories one thing is becoming quite evident;

The capitalistic system works, if you have something that I want and you want what I have we we will do whatever it takes within our limitations to get what we want;

however the person that makes this process the most enjoyable gets to have many more exchanges.

CUSTOMER SERVICE IN SOME PLACES IS ALIVE AND WELL.

But when people go over their limitations to get what they want creates problems...........

Just look at the current Housing Market??????????????

TURBOGT - how about the color you were looking for and the color this one turned out to be????

Very interested in that.

I was looking for Torch red with white full stripe package - the one I got is Torch red with ebony stripes. The car just blew me away when I saw it in person. I have to give credit to another member here that sent me a photo of his red/black GT500 otherwise I would likely not have even considered it because I had never even seen that combo before.

I know one thing you don't use spell checker because your spelling sucks :hysterical2:

"courtious" correctly spelled is Courteous :hysterical2:

"definately" correctly spelled is Definitely :hysterical2:

"assesment" correctly spelled is Assessment :hysterical2:

"sensorship" correctly spelled is Censorship :hysterical2:

"baught" correctly spelled is Bought :hysterical2:

But even you were able to comprehend........................ :slapfight:

"The NONONSENSE best experience".............."I FINALLY GOT MY CAR FOR KEEPS". :happy feet:

By June of 07 I had contacted so many Dealers trying to purchase this car, I was starting to loose

track of all the names and numbers. I got a call back from Chino Hills Ford (Willie Marshall) who

I later found out is a very knowlageable SVT insider and I believe he said sold over 7 GT500s

already.

Willie first told me he would Factory Order my car to my spec but it would cost me 10GADM...............

I had known all along that I wanted MSRP and never paid over in the past, but this time for

this car I was willing to pay a reasonable premium for a Personal Factory Order only 20 miles

from home. And since I previously had a Factory Order Deal go sour because nothing was in

writing, this time I told him 5GADM and no nonsence put the deal in writing. He said he would

talk to the owner and call me back. To my surprise he called back about 15 minutes later and

told me to bring 5G Deposit down before the end of the day and he would place my order.

Excited as this was only the second guy in over 6 months of "beating the bushes" that was willing

to place an order for me. I had the deposit in his hand by noon about 3 hours after he called me.

He placed the order and I got the "DORA" on the spot just like that all in writing and signed.

Even though all looked good I was still gun shy from the last Factory Order that went sour, and all

the BADVENTURE experiences with other Dealers, "No hard feelings or grudges by the way".

I think this made Willie uncomfortable as I unintensionally annoyed him with too many questions

while waiting for delivery(Sorry Willie). I have all the "RESPECT" for this guy as everything he

told me happened with no missleading. (only car sales guy that I have dealt with where I can say this).

Still antsy waiting on delivery I discovered "STANGSUNLEASHED.COM" which is now this Forum.

Joined and saw what a great group of people with alot of good information. Started posting to the

(few?) members and Grabber/Shelby Dude helped me keep my Sanity by tracking my car across

country on rail ("THANKS GUYS"). This abled me to point the time when the car was at the rail

exchange yard (Sept.5 07) and I visited Willie and he was suprised but told me to relax that it

could still be a couple days before it arrives on the car carrier truck............. :banghead:

Not satisfied with that I drove a few miles to the exchange in Mira Loma and met the guard and

told him why I was their to take pics of my car and he :hysterical: AT ME AND INVITED ME TO LEAVE :censored::banghead: .

Did not sleep much that nite went to work the next day and GOT THE CALL around noon and Willie

said "THE EAGLE HAS LANDED" we wont touch it till you get here :happy feet: .

Great thing coincidence as I needed a part on Back Order for my job and notified the customer

that we would return when the part comes in.

Went to my Credit Union for the funds (401k loan). then to the Dealership arrived around 1:00 and

there it was fresh off the car carrier still untouched with only 6 miles on the odometer. Witnessed the

PDI and went on the test drive and saw the boost come alive at 11 miles odometer "NPF"................

I said "GREAT I THINK I WILL TAKE THIS ONE" :hysterical:

Settled the paperwork took some pics and off I went in "MY CAR FOR KEEPS".

20 mile drive home "WHAT A RUSH", boost guage snapping to 9PSI on demand and that

sweet "JET SOUND WHINE" FROM THE SUPERCHARGER" (Where have I heard this before?????? :hysterical: )

"WHAT A MACHINE"

Thanks to all that helped me in the adventure of purchasing this car and keeping my sanity waiting

on delivery. as I look back on the last 2 years "MAN WHAT AN ADVENTURE".

And much more to come with "TEAM SHELBY"

Thanks again, Dave

Thats how we roll in the US C :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::redcard::redcard: annotda

:hysterical:

:hysterical3: Man I finally figured it out.............

Boy am I slow on this one????????????? :banghead:

Ya, Canada; Here in the USA "WE JUST SLAP THE SNOT OUT OF EM"!!!!!!!!! :slapfight::hysterical:

We bought ours at the local ford dealership. I had been bugging them about the car for two years before they started making them. I had been at SAAC Does Vegas and Shelby told us there would be a new Shelby Mustang, but he couldn't tell us much about it. I assumed I'd have to pay full MSRP because that's what they charged for their Bullitts and Mach I's, but I kept buggning the salesmanager ( who is a friend of mine ) about getting one for $100 over invoice. He never committed to anything - he kept telling me 'they're never gonna build that thing"! After it was announced that the car would indeed be built, he told me " they're probably gonna be $5000 over MSRP". I about had a heart attack, but I had to have one anyway. They have sold all of their GT500's at that price, even though they were offered $10,000 over MSRP from a huge dealership out on the coast. They weren't too happy however when a guy they sold one to at $5000 over MSRP walked out to the lot after doing the paperwork and sold it to somebody else for a profit. He never even drove it off the lot! All this did was convince them they were selling the cars too cheap!

They should have been just happy for the "ADM" profit?????????????

:hysterical3: "SOUR GRAPES" Attitude.................

Archived