TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian Super Snakes

Hello Everyone...

My first post in this Forum and hope to get some light in this darkness I am in. Just put my money down on a 08 Vista Blue GT500 that I'll be getting soon. :happy feet: Now to make her look and behave better, so I am planning on sending her later on down to Shelby to get the Super Snake package installed. I am wondering if there are any CANADIAN Super Snakes out there or anyone has experience in how to bring the car back to Canada? Transport Canada doesn't like it when the suspension is changed, bumpers or seatbelts are changed. :banghead::rant2:

Is there anybody that has brought a 08 GT500 Super Snake back into Canada, or sent to Canada?

Hello Everyone...

My first post in this Forum and hope to get some light in this darkness I am in. Just put my money down on a 08 Vista Blue GT500 that I'll be getting soon. :happy feet: Now to make her look and behave better, so I am planning on sending her later on down to Shelby to get the Super Snake package installed. I am wondering if there are any CANADIAN Super Snakes out there or anyone has experience in how to bring the car back to Canada? Transport Canada doesn't like it when the suspension is changed, bumpers or seatbelts are changed. :banghead::rant2:

Is there anybody that has brought a 08 GT500 Super Snake back into Canada, or sent to Canada?

There have only been 3 SSs delivered to the public. CA and GA. I dont know where the 3rd went yet. They just picked it up Friday. There are some Sch. for Canada but they arent delivered yet. Sorry Im no help, but wanted to let you know what was going on so far

Welcome to the TEAM and look forward to seeing you around.

michael morris

There have only been 3 SSs delivered to the public. CA and GA. I don't know where the 3rd went yet. They just picked it up Friday. There are some Sch. for Canada but they aren't delivered yet. Sorry I'm no help, but wanted to let you know what was going on so far

Michael morris

Michael you know for a fact that only 3 have been delivered. Will you know in the next 2 weeks how many more? Thanks John Strauss

There have only been 3 SSs delivered to the public. CA and GA. I don't know where the 3rd went yet. They just picked it up Friday. There are some Sch. for Canada but they aren't delivered yet. Sorry I'm no help, but wanted to let you know what was going on so far

Michael morris

Michael you know for a fact that only 3 have been delivered. Will you know in the next 2 weeks how many more? Thanks John Strauss

As of Friday only 3 had been delivered to the PUBLIC. I pretty sure more cars will go sometime this week, but I dont know that for a fact. SAI is getting alot of cars done. We are about to see alot of them hitting the street. I will try to keep up with when SS are delivered. I dont know if I can get the CSM, but will try to keep up with cars going out.

michael morris

Michael morris

[/quot

sorry to bud in, i am from alberta, red deer, sharing the your concerns. i have mine booked in for the ss 725 hp conv. my thought was to just drive it back, perhaps less questions that way at the point of boarder crossing. just another tourist coming home from vegas. axel

sorry to bud in, i am from alberta, red deer, sharing the your concerns. i have mine booked in for the ss 725 hp conv. my thought was to just drive it back, perhaps less questions that way at the point of boarder crossing. just another tourist coming home from vegas. axel

Good idea, but how do you explain all the extra parts that came off doing the conversion? :shift: Ah! Now i know why you actually "need" the 725HP at the boarder crossing! :hysterical:

Hello Everyone...

Hi there.....welcome to team shelby!!!

no 07's or 08's super snakes in Canada, that I know of yet....BUT VERY SOON.......

.....I have not been called yet....and still waiting impatiently :banghead::banghead:

..... look in the forum under gt500 super snake..."post your super snake CSM#"...there is a spread sheet started by Michael Morris.....there is less than a dozen so far listed in Canada

......call Canada customs and they will tell you what to do

......you should only pay duty on parts only

I hope to to cross this "issue"," bridge ","border", soon

Steve :shift::shift::speedie:

Hello Everyone...

I spoke to someone at Customs, describing the SS package. After he stopped rolling his eyes because of the price, he said that there shouldn't be any problems. We'll owe GST on the parts and labour, but that's it. As for the parts you bring home, he suggested putting as much as possible in the car. A copy of the documentation should be with the rest of the parts as well when they're shipped. He said there's no real way to link a later, partial shipment with the stuff in your car, so full documentation with the rest is best (such a poet). He suggested the best plan was to bring it all back together, which you may be able to do if you trailer the car back.

Nothing will be owed on the take-off parts, as you already own them. The wear-and-tear on them will help your case that they're not new, obviously.

He doesn't expect any problems with the lowered suspension. I don't think seatbelts are affected with the SS package, neither are the bumpers.

I explained that I would be bringing back a car that I had previously bought in the US, but because it's already been cleared and gone through the importation process, no problem. I will, however, bring all my documentation, just in case the door sticker isn't enough.

Hope this helps...

Nice to see some Canadian Super Snakes coming and that I am not alone in that boat. Well, I guess I get better back to that phone and get a Super Snake package ordered. :happy feet: Thanks to everyone in this thread for the warm welcome and the help provided. I expect to get the car in 4 weeks from the dealer and as far as I know, I have to go to the Shelby certified installer on the East Coast (I think it is Rhode Island). I hope to hear from those that get one over the boarder into Canada. :drool:

Nice to see some Canadian Super Snakes coming and that I am not alone in that boat. Well, I guess I get better back to that phone and get a Super Snake package ordered. :happy feet: Thanks to everyone in this thread for the warm welcome and the help provided. I expect to get the car in 4 weeks from the dealer and as far as I know, I have to go to the Shelby certified installer on the East Coast (I think it is Rhode Island). I hope to hear from those that get one over the boarder into Canada. :drool:

Oh, you'll hear about it, if we ever park our cars after getting them back. :shift:

Welcome to the site!

hi michael, vogon, strays,alexandros

my csm # is 07SS0121

i thought it might be the easy way to just have the take off parts trucked back by a carrier. i sure would be curious to get an aproxmat idea wich month a guy could expect the conversion to take place. just so i can plan arround it. thanks axel

my csm # is 07SS0121

i thought it might be the easy way to just have the take off parts trucked back by a carrier. i sure would be curious to get an aproxmat idea wich month a guy could expect the conversion to take place. just so i can plan arround it. thanks axel

With that number, you'll know before me. When did you pay your deposit?

I suggest you phone and/or email Cynthia at SAI. She should be able to tell you what numbers have been called in to date. As they start scheduling, and people post the info, we should be able to figure out how fast they're going.

I called Cynthia and they are still not taking any deposits. I guess I should get my package in the mail in about 4 to 6 weeks with a different number to hold the spot. We get a CSM # later on when the payment is due. That's how I understood it. :D Anyhow... I went to Canada Customs today and checked out how that is supposed to work with modding a car in the states. B) He said, the only I need really to proove is:

- The car to be Canadian (copies of bill of sale, registration and so on)

- Detailed bill of sale from Shelby

- Tax money owing to Canada

For those that want the parts coming off back, put these in the trunk / trailer, no tax there.

Apperantly the don't really care if the car modified "road legal" (lowering suspension) and passing inspection, as that is a provincial matter, not a federal one. :banvictory:

SS... here I come! :shades: :speedie:

I called Cynthia and they are still not taking any deposits. I guess I should get my package in the mail in about 4 to 6 weeks with a different number to hold the spot. We get a CSM # later on when the payment is due. That's how I understood it. :D Anyhow... I went to Canada Customs today and checked out how that is supposed to work with modding a car in the states. B) He said, the only I need really to proove is:

- The car to be Canadian (copies of bill of sale, registration and so on)

- Detailed bill of sale from Shelby

- Tax money owing to Canada

For those that want the parts coming off back, put these in the trunk / trailer, no tax there.

Apperantly the don't really care if the car modified "road legal" (lowering suspension) and passing inspection, as that is a provincial matter, not a federal one. :banvictory:

SS... here I come! :shades: :speedie:

Welcome and thanks for the update, now my friend patience is the name of the game....

my csm # is 07SS0121

Hey Axel,

I talked with Cynthia yesterday, she said based on my number ( 07SS0134 ) I should call back in May for a better idea of a conversion date.

Hope that helps.

Dan Bashaw

How would the Government of Canada know if you converted a GT500 to a GT500SS when it comes across the border?

First, they might read this forum...

But generally, they are trained to spot new items that aren't declared, including parts installed on your cars. If I were even going back and forth across the border with a SuperSnake, I'd keep the SAI documentation in the vehicle, as well as my Customs receipt for the GST. Those shiny wheels are going o attract attention.

And you do not want them to start taking your car apart for any reason. They have a LOT of authority, and it won't end well...

How would the Government of Canada know if you converted a GT500 to a GT500SS when it comes across the border?

sorry Robert

ok.......now I'm serious .....I've thought about it long and hard .....5% gst....................

................................................................................

.........6% pst....................

................................................................................

.........7% us sales tax?.......

............................................................................TOTA

L....18%?????????????????

BUT!!!!!!! I've waited so so long for my SS that I think I will go CRAZY if they lock me :angry22: up soooooooo and can't drive :shift: well you know the rest.......

steve :shift::shift:

I have heard that as long that we prove that the bill of sale is in Canada we do not have to pay the 7% US tax according to the North American Free Trade Agreement can somebody please verify that....cause we will pay the both taxes when we cross the border......

Hey Axel,

I talked with Cynthia yesterday, she said based on my number ( 07SS0134 ) I should call back in May for a better idea of a conversion date.

Hope that helps.

Dan Bashaw

[

thank you dan

Archived