TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT/SC Grabber Orange CA Edition

Dig-It

I saw that two maybe they thought it would be ready by the time the add came out.Hope it is ready soon i need more power.

Given that my 2008 SGT is sitting at SAI right this second, completely finished but unable to leave because of the lack of the S/C certification, I can give you my personal guarantee that when I get the word that it is coming home I will publish it on the Forum. I am going up to Costa Mesa, CA on 04-05-08 to a Stillen event where I know that Paxton reps will be (thanks, Chris Van Horn) so I can talk with them about what the heck is going on. Jim

Given that my 2008 SGT is sitting at SAI right this second, completely finished but unable to leave because of the lack of the S/C certification, I can give you my personal guarantee that when I get the word that it is coming home I will publish it on the Forum. I am going up to Costa Mesa, CA on 04-05-08 to a Stillen event where I know that Paxton reps will be (thanks, Chris Van Horn) so I can talk with them about what the heck is going on. Jim

Jim, I was thinking of you when I posted this - knowing the predicament that you are (your Shelby GT is) in. I don't think that this kind of advertising is right given the current state of affairs regarding 2008 Shelby GT/SC's.

You should show this ad to the Paxton reps at the Stillen event and ask them for details.

Personally, I’ve given up on both Paxton and Tasca and am going the FRPP (Whipple) route via Quantum Performance.

Kevin

Ps. I’m envious of you for going to the Stillen event and possibly meeting Steve Millen! I’m an old Datsun/Nissan Z car fan too!

Magazine lead time (put together) is anywhere from 3-4 months (ie they are working on the August issue right now)...... sooo add to that ad design and photography etc..that add was put together 6 months ago. I'm sure they thought certification would be long done by the time the ad hit the press.

Nothing wrong with the Whipple Kevin. :)

I don't feel like I'm "settling" at all, Roger. I have a twin-screw on my '01 and I love the power!

I hope to post my initial impressions this time next month.

Magazine lead time (put together) is anywhere from 3-4 months (ie they are working on the August issue right now)...... sooo add to that ad design and photography etc..that add was put together 6 months ago. I'm sure they thought certification would be long done by the time the ad hit the press.

I bet you're right, but, "A bird in the hand ..."

I'm pretty sure that the Grabber Orange ShelbyGT/SC, was at the B-day party. Paxton was using it as demo car. So it was probably installed in '07. I don't know how that qualifies, maybe it's a prototype and getting away with not passing certification. I don't understand why it takes so long. Must be a pretty involved process. So you guys try and hang in there.

Jim, try not to sleep on their front door.....I know you've thought about it.

The ad leads you to believe that you can order the Paxton NOVI-1200 kit for 2008 SGT's (it even shows one!). But Paxton doesn't have their CARB EO number for 2008's yet! Isn't this false advertising?

Can anyone direct me to a high resolution picture of that ad or a copy of the ad itself?

Thank you

Anders

GO SGT0064 currently @ Tasca for Paxton upgrade

Can anyone direct me to a high resolution picture of that ad or a copy of the ad itself?

Thank you

Anders

GO SGT0064 currently @ Tasca for Paxton upgrade

Here's a few pics I found that someone took from the B-Day

http://www.jb203.com/Events/Team%20Shelby%...s/image740.html

http://www.jb203.com/Events/Team%20Shelby%...s/image739.html

http://www.jb203.com/Events/Team%20Shelby%...s/image738.html

Hope this helps

Anders, I think I also saw it in one of the Mustang magazines such as Mustang Monthly or Mustangs and Fast Fords.

Dave&Sherrie, that picture of your car deserves a trophy even not seeing it in person. I hope to see it in person some day.

Did anyone happen to see the CSM No. of this car?

It appears to be the only 2008 SGT/SC in existance even though it's not a 50 state certified vehicle, yet I assume it's been sanctioned by SAI since it was at the BB.

Man, you have a lot of great pictures Adam!

I looked through the BB pics and didn't see it though.

Found it. It is car # 08SGT0085. I just posted the pic on the front page of my Photobucket site. Download it then let me know as I will remove it afterwards. If you need a better, more clear pic, email me and I'll send it to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news regarding the Paxton install? I am in limbo, waiting, impatiently....

If I'm not mistaking the ad says that they are waiting for CARB certs because they are still not 50 state legal. The ad in my new mag still says it.

Hi,

I talked to Gil at Paxton and he backs up what ShelbyBro says. No more complicated than that. That does not mean that it will be fast, however. The folks at Paxton are really motivated to get the C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board) certification. After all, they cannot sell the darn things through SAI without it. Jim

I'm pretty sure that the Grabber Orange ShelbyGT/SC, was at the B-day party. Paxton was using it as demo car. So it was probably installed in '07. I don't know how that qualifies, maybe it's a prototype and getting away with not passing certification. I don't understand why it takes so long. Must be a pretty involved process. So you guys try and hang in there.

Jim, try not to sleep on their front door.....I know you've thought about it.

Dave C,

Your GT/SC is beautiful. Have been considering upgrading my White 07 Shelby GT. How was the experience? Did you go with the Paxton or Whipple? How does the car handle with all that added power? Also, did you have the Mod Shop do your Lower Grille w/Driving Lights or did you do that from the Catalog Parts?

Thanks,

James / ShelbyGT07

Hi,

I talked to Gil at Paxton and he backs up what ShelbyBro says. No more complicated than that. That does not mean that it will be fast, however. The folks at Paxton are really motivated to get the C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board) certification. After all, they cannot sell the darn things through SAI without it. Jim

Neither Paxton nor Whipple can sell to '08's. Ford Racing is cut off too (since the Shelby/FRPP is a whipple).

Dave C, Your GT/SC is beautiful. Have been considering upgrading my White 07 Shelby GT. How was the experience? Did you go with the Paxton or Whipple? How does the car handle with all that added power? Also, did you have the Mod Shop do your Lower Grille w/Driving Lights or did you do that from the Catalog Parts? Thanks, James / ShelbyGT07

Yeah, how was your experience? I can't wait to hear this one. LOL

Dave C,

Your GT/SC is beautiful. Have been considering upgrading my White 07 Shelby GT. How was the experience? Did you go with the Paxton or Whipple? How does the car handle with all that added power? Also, did you have the Mod Shop do your Lower Grille w/Driving Lights or did you do that from the Catalog Parts?

Thanks,

James / ShelbyGT07

James,

Thank you. Thinking about selling it and getting a Bullitt. :hysterical2: Seriously though, we love the car. It's actually my wife's car. Everything on the car was done at Shelby. It has a Paxton. Whipple wasn't available when we started putting options on the car. I wouldn't have went with the Whipple anyway, I wanted the Paxton for nostalgic reasons. How does the car handle with all that power??????Put it this way, you don't want to take traction control off. The first time I did, I put my foot in it and grabbed second, about had a heart attack!!!!!! :drop: The ass end can come around very fast. Scary. I found you want to get the car rolling, in a straight line and then put your foot in it. Sherri likes the boost gauge.

As far as our experience, it was a very long 7 month wait because we had our car there very early. Many of the mods we wanted to put on the car, were not there or not available or still in a design phase. We were lucky though, the car got to sit on the musuem floor for 6 months. Stayed out of the desert sun and dust, which was really cool. The wait was agonizing, the chrome Razors took forever. Crazy as this may sound, I would do it again. About the only thing I regret (but not really) is I didn't realize just how much work a black car is. You realize of course, black is faster. :speedie: J/K

If you're thinking about getting a SC, in my personal opinion, I would definitely have it installed at Shelby. But I'll warn you, it isn't cheap. One thing always leads to another and another and another something. A brake upgrade is a must with a SC.

If you attend any shows in Western WA, I'm sure will meet up.

You could also PM me and I could give you my phone number if you have any other questions or you just want to talk shop.

Good luck, keep me posted.

Dave

For what it's worth, and if it really matters for this topic, the car that was at the BB and in the Paxton ad is "owned" by Galpin Auto Sports and they were the ones who installed the Paxton on that car for last year's SEMA show. The car is not registered to anyone yet and as of yesterday is still available for purchase from Galpin Ford.

Is it 2008 C.A.R.B. certified? I don't know, but I can easely find out. And if it is certified, I can also find out why it is and why others aren't.

Although I am not personally affected by the certification delay, I still hate being a gearhead living in California, it really, really sucks.

I'll let everyone know what I find out tomorrow.

For what it's worth, and if it really matters for this topic, the car that was at the BB and in the Paxton ad is "owned" by Galpin Auto Sports and they were the ones who installed the Paxton on that car for last year's SEMA show. The car is not registered to anyone yet and as of yesterday is still available for purchase from Galpin Ford.

Is it 2008 C.A.R.B. certified? I don't know, but I can easely find out. And if it is certified, I can also find out why it is and why others aren't.

Although I am not personally affected by the certification delay, I still hate being a gearhead living in California, it really, really sucks.

I'll let everyone know what I find out tomorrow.

Thank you Son of GT. I would like to know what you find out. I don't understand how ONE car can be certified when no others can. If it's not emissions certified, how can it be for sale?

If that is the car at the BB then it is also the one that they blew the clutch in also. :drop:

Like this car really needs more controversy!

I talked with Gil (Marketing) at Paxton. The car is not C.A.R.B. certified yet. It remains pre-title and, as such, is allowed to exist but cannot be driven on the street (yeah, right). Unless a buyer signed off that the car will not be operated on the street, I do not think Galpin can sell it in its present condition. Jim

Archived