TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NAIAS / GT500

mrsuds

I'm just wondering if Ford will allow people to sit in the car and try it out for size? I remember going to auto shows and seeing cars I liked, only to find out that the doors were locked. :huh:

I personally would find it irritating if the car was behind the velvet ropes, but I guess it would reduce the "drool factor" to the show floor not the inside of the car.

How's this! :P After they caught me in it they locked it up. :D

Where and when was that? Is that your only pic? What can you tell us about what you saw.

Details man, Details!!!

Thanks for the pic.

Two-tone interior?

KingCobra.

How's this! :P After they caught me in it they locked it up. :D

That is so wrong on so many different levels. All I get is sniffs of the car and you get to sit in one.!!! :angry:

The car looks awesome, but as punishment you have relay any and all info that you have.

It looks like it could be the concept car.

This took place at the Mid-America Ford Meet (aka the Shelby Meet) in July. As far as details go, you already know them all. This was the concept car from the NY Auto Show, so yes it had two-tone interior, leather dash, painted stripes, the hood we all liked. I have more pictures of me outside the car, but this is the only one of me in the car. I wasn't in it long before the SVT boys came along and realized they left the car unlocked. I wasn't going to get in or even open it, but another guy opened up the car and was looking around, so after he left, I went and jumped in long enough for a pic. It was great! Here's a pic of me outside the car and another pic of me and the family with it.

Sure would be nice if admin would see fit to send me a free poster for sneaking in and getting a pic inside the car. Oh well, it was just a thought. :D

post-149-1136254644_thumb.jpg

post-149-1136255015_thumb.jpg

post-149-1136254644_thumb.jpg

post-149-1136255015_thumb.jpg

This took place at the Mid-America Ford Meet (aka the Shelby Meet) in July. As far as details go, you already know them all. This was the concept car from the NY Auto Show, so yes it had two-tone interior, leather dash, painted stripes, the hood we all liked. I have more pictures of me outside the car, but this is the only one of me in the car. I wasn't in it long before the SVT boys came along and realized they left the car unlocked. I wasn't going to get in or even open it, but another guy opened up the car and was looking around, so after he left, I went and jumped in long enough for a pic. It was great! Here's a pic of me outside the car and another pic of me and the family with it.

That's a hilarious story. I'm glad you did it because I would've done the same thing B)

I'm glad I did it too. I didn't regret it then, I don't today, and I never will regret it. Hopefully in another 6-8 months, I'll be sitting in my own.

Did you put a deposit on one already? Where are you from?

What colours would you want?

KingCobra.

Yes, I have put a deposit on one, and it looks like I might really get it for sticker price. I'm from a small town in Oklahoma about 50 miles southeast of Tulsa. I thought I wanted red with white stripes, but now blue and white or blue and silver are strong contenders as well. We'll just see what they show us in Detroit and decide from there. I sure wish I could go to Detroit, but I have to save the money for the car.

Yes, I have put a deposit on one, and it looks like I might really get it for sticker price. I'm from a small town in Oklahoma about 50 miles southeast of Tulsa. I thought I wanted red with white stripes, but now blue and white or blue and silver are strong contenders as well. We'll just see what they show us in Detroit and decide from there. I sure wish I could go to Detroit, but I have to save the money for the car.

Would you wasnt the two-tone (red/black) interior? What was the leather dash like? I sure hope they don't cancel that one off of the production version!!! I want the two-tone interior, leather dash, brake light in the spoiler (leaving room for the SHELBY accross the back deck, and the embroidered cobra on the seatbacks, and I'm worried about them all getting nixed!!!!! I'm pretty sure that I want to order an extra set of SHELBY letters to put accross the brow of the hood aswell, like the original. What do you think?

KingCobra.

Would you wasnt the two-tone (red/black) interior? What was the leather dash like? I sure hope they don't cancel that one off of the production version!!! I want the two-tone interior, leather dash, brake light in the spoiler (leaving room for the SHELBY accross the back deck, and the embroidered cobra on the seatbacks, and I'm worried about them all getting nixed!!!!! I'm pretty sure that I want to order an extra set of SHELBY letters to put accross the brow of the hood aswell, like the original. What do you think?

KingCobra.

I think a lot of your questions will be answered in the next 2 weeks. Don't forget that the auto show starts on Jan. 8th, that's 4 days away.

Yes, I would like the two-tone interior if it is offered. The leather dash was nice but on the passenger side of the car, the leather was already starting to peel. I just figured it was thrown together pretty quick on the concept and would surely be better on the production car, assuming the leather doesn't get the axe.

FOUR DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't take the pressure!!!!!

Yes I'm sure any flaws you saw Fastbackman, were due to the fact that the car was meant to show well, not wear well.

How soon will news from the show become public, or be offered here???

Will our dealers call us with the news???

Someone pour me a drink here!!!!!

KingCobra.

FOUR DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't take the pressure!!!!!

Yes I'm sure any flaws you saw Fastbackman, were due to the fact that the car was meant to show well, not wear well.

How soon will news from the show become public, or be offered here???

Will our dealers call us with the news???

Someone pour me a drink here!!!!!

KingCobra.

King...

You are way beyond needing a drink. Take it easy or the white van will pick you up and put you in a room with no windows and very soft walls ;)

I'll send you some of my wife's "vitamins", they always make me feel better.. :D

I'm right there with you..

King...

You are way beyond needing a drink. Take it easy or the white van will pick you up and put you in a room with no windows and very soft walls ;)

I'll send you some of my wife's "vitamins", they always make me feel better.. :D

I'm right there with you..

Thanks Man!!!!!

Can I take the little white pills with liquer???

KingCobra M/M. (Mental Mush)

Thanks Man!!!!!

Can I take the little white pills with liquer???

KingCobra M/M. (Mental Mush)

That's just how I take them. Wifey puts them in a shot of scotch, 10 minutes later, I'm happy.

I like the new handle "KingCobra M/M". It has that sort of obsessive/complusive type of feel to it. :P

Did I mention 2 more days...

Archived