TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered mine about three weeks ago from a non SVT / PA dealer. They were only getting one car and mine is it. I was hoping since they have not received their allocation yet (1 car) that it may have some bearing on priority. Yeah right.... I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. If anyone has any additional insight I would appreciate it as well.

my understanding that all qualified dealers have already got their 'allocations' from Ford as to how many GT500s they will get. If your dealership does not have 1 allocation, then it's entirle possible that they opted not to participate in the certification process (fee+ testing in specified time period). If that's the case, they will not get a chance to even get a GT500 until 09 (that's even if they are bieng built in 09 which so far has not been announced) At the moment, 07 & 08 MY are the only years confirmed by Ford. If all of the previous info is true, then I'd shop elsewhere and do it soon. Most dealer allocations are already spoken for.

my understanding that all qualified dealers have already got their 'allocations' from Ford as to how many GT500s they will get. If your dealership does not have 1 allocation, then it's entirle possible that they opted not to participate in the certification process (fee+ testing in specified time period). If that's the case, they will not get a chance to even get a GT500 until 09 (that's even if they are bieng built in 09 which so far has not been announced) At the moment, 07 & 08 MY are the only years confirmed by Ford. If all of the previous info is true, then I'd shop elsewhere and do it soon. Most dealer allocations are already spoken for.

awatters

Not sure if you were responding to me or rmustgt but my order is in and is on material hold. I just hope I am not waiting for months :banghead:

awatters

Not sure if you were responding to me or rmustgt but my order is in and is on material hold. I just hope I am not waiting for months :banghead:

was responding to you - how could your dealer not yet have his allocation?

was responding to you - how could your dealer not yet have his allocation?

Well maybe my terminology may not be correct. They were allocated one car but they had not ordered it yet when I contacted them. Once we agreed on the deal they ordered the car and that is where we are today. Ordered... on material hold....

So they were allocated one car, and they have ordered the car for me, but they have not received it yet.

Has anyone out there who ordered their GT500 from a non SVT or a non P.A. dealership received their car yet? I ordered mine 4/24/06 and I have been on material hold for for over two months. I hope to hear something soon!!!!

I ordered mine from a non SVT non PA dealer the second day the order banks were opened. I have zero info about my build date at this point...no VIN.

Dave

Mine is still on material hold with no VIN, but my dealer did receive their allocation letter from Ford. It confirms they get one 2007 Shelby...and it's mine!!!! At least I now know they successfully completed their certification.

:happy feet: :cheerleader::shift:

This little tidbit of news sure doesn't help my PSDS

Mine is still on material hold with no VIN, but my dealer did receive their allocation letter from Ford. It confirms they get one 2007 Shelby...and it's mine!!!! At least I now know they successfully completed their certification.

:happy feet: :cheerleader::shift:

This little tidbit of news sure doesn't help my PSDS

Hey rpretzel I noticed you also selected Vista Blue with Tungsten stripes! Great combo! I ordered a vert with that combo. I think I will be putting the stripes over the hood and deck lid as well. I want it to look more Shelby-ish.

Maybe they ran out of Vista Blue paint and that is why we are on hold:)

I have been at several dealerships with the wife looking at the color on some cars and it has really grown on me.

Hey rpretzel I noticed you also selected Vista Blue with Tungsten stripes! Great combo! I ordered a vert with that combo. I think I will be putting the stripes over the hood and deck lid as well. I want it to look more Shelby-ish.

Maybe they ran out of Vista Blue paint and that is why we are on hold:)

I have been at several dealerships with the wife looking at the color on some cars and it has really grown on me.

I've never been a big fan of blue cars, but since I'm buying it for my wife, I let her choose the color. I guess Vista Blue is growing on me a bit too.

I saw another post on here where someone was getting an order from a Non PA /SVT dealer. I thought the post said they had their VIN assigned and that they were drawn as the first car in some kind of drawing to determine build priority for the rest of the nation. Does anyone else have any news regarding non PA / SVT orders? I would like to know if more orders at these dealers are moving or not.

Thanks drlovegun. So the regional reps know ahead of time what orders are pulled in their area? Interesting. When was he notified? Let me know when you get your pin. I doubt that my sales manager would go to the trouble of contacting a regional rep or for that matter letting me know when he has new info.

Thanks drlovegun. So the regional reps know ahead of time what orders are pulled in their area? Interesting. When was he notified? Let me know when you get your pin. I doubt that my sales manager would go to the trouble of contacting a regional rep or for that matter letting me know when he has new info.

My dealer told me that the regional rep will call him when the car gets scheduled/vin assigned. I don't remember which one but that is a minor detail. So if that is true and the dealer does not call and tell you that that would be a load of :fan: . Anyways good luck to all of us waiting.

My dealer (small non svt, non PA) called today and said the regional rep had called him regarding production schedule for my car. Regional rep said car would be assigned a vin # within a week and would be scheduled for production in Oct. :happy feet: So, I would agree that the regional reps know how the cars are getting scheduled. Don't know if this has anything to do with the "dealer lottery" for production. Good news is that hopefully, I will not have to wait til spring for my car :party: It also indicates that maybe the production is going well and that us "bottom feeders" who bought from small dealers without the large ADM will not be the last to actually get a car. It's also great to have a dealer that actually calls me with updates and has agreed to save any Ford related items (poster, magazine, sales lit, etc) for the GT500 and have in the trunk when I pick the car up.

My dealer (small non svt, non PA) called today and said the regional rep had called him regarding production schedule for my car. Regional rep said car would be assigned a vin # within a week and would be scheduled for production in Oct. :happy feet: So, I would agree that the regional reps know how the cars are getting scheduled. Don't know if this has anything to do with the "dealer lottery" for production. Good news is that hopefully, I will not have to wait til spring for my car :party: It also indicates that maybe the production is going well and that us "bottom feeders" who bought from small dealers without the large ADM will not be the last to actually get a car. It's also great to have a dealer that actually calls me with updates and has agreed to save any Ford related items (poster, magazine, sales lit, etc) for the GT500 and have in the trunk when I pick the car up.

Joe53----Congratulations!!!!!!!!

What area of the country are you in?????

Can we please post where people are located so we can keep track

if all areas are pulling for Non pa/svt

Thank you!!!!

Hi,

I am in western NC, but bought the car in TX. Long story, but I got screwed by 2 other dealers that backed out of MSRP deals, then found this dealer in TX who vacations here in the mountains. Just hope that he follows through. Good luck!

I ordered from a small dealer in Texas on June 19th. Called the SVT 800# and Jeff

said the car would not get here until next year. Called the dealer and he said the

area reps are not talking much about these cars. So I don't think the car will get

here anytime soon ................ :rant:

My order was placed 15April06, with a non-SVT, non-PA dealer, on material hold through 1st week of Aug. Then in production, and as of Yesterday, I'm bucked...with possible ETA's of 5 Sept. or 12 Sept. So now I'm just grinning and bearing it. My dealer was allotted 3 (not sure why) and I am second in line.

T

Same here on all counts, still on Material Hold as of last week. Haven't bothered checking this week given the possiblity of a global hold on shipping.

I just called as well. Same deal, different day. Material hold. I also asked if they new anything about a hold on all Shelbys but the rep was not helpful. He had no info.

Called customer service today, NO LONGER ON MATERIAL HOLD!!!!! The lady checked the status and read off some codes, looked them up, and told me the computer will now pick the order out for production. Still only partial vin. #s.

I may have missed something, why do you not have a full VIN?

T

Called customer service today, NO LONGER ON MATERIAL HOLD!!!!! The lady checked the status and read off some codes, looked them up, and told me the computer will now pick the order out for production. Still only partial vin. #s.

Congrats, Lutzcat! It's good to see another one climb out of the abyss.

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck on material hold per a call to Ford today. :banghead:

Archived