TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

I received an order right away also like I assume everyone did. It had a VIN # on it also but the # was not a complete #, just something to fill the space. In order to confirm he really got the order filled that quick a full VIN must be produced. Placing the oder and getting it confirmed does not mean you really have a build date yet.

I've got a full VIN number, 1ZVHT88S875251700.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

I don't find it all that surprising that people have had such fast turn around times from placing an order and getting serialized (i.e. getting a VIN). From what I understand, it is up to the regional rep to decide which orders are submitted to Ford and when. Ford tells the regional rep how many open slots they have available. The regional rep then goes down the list of orders in his/her region and picks which ones get sent to Ford. If a particular dealer has a good relationship with the regional rep, they might tend to get their orders pulled first.

Ford had said orders would be pulled by priority (PL Holders, PA Winners, Full-SVT, SVT-Focus, All others), but it's obvious that it's not happening strictly by the book, as some non-SVT dealers have received cars while power lease and PA winners have not.

I think it's a case of regional reps playing favorites.

Just my 2 cents.

Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement

Thanks ! I'm like the rest of you ... going nuts waiting from a small non svt pa dealer. My dealer told me that his regional rep told him that they are drawing one weeks production on a lottery each week. Im in the kc region. My dealer is 45 mi. from my house, but a dealer 15 mi. from me is in the midwest region and they just drew all of that regions @ once so they would at least know when they would get them. My understanding is its up to each reg. rep to distribute their allocations as they wish!!

Yes, on my DORA (issued the day the order was placed) there is an incomplete VIN. However, two days later I received a complete 17 digit VIN AND a scheduled production date. That's all I know...can't explain others' experiences.

the stars and planets must have aligned on that day or something

After months and months of nothing from my dealer, I FINALLY received an email from him this morning. No, I'm not off material hold. My dealer spoke with his regional rep, and the rep said my Shelby "has an estimated delivery date of sometime in the second quarter of the 2007 model year." That means I might be seeing my car before the end of November.

I'm just so excited that I finally heard something other than "Material Hold" I think I just pooped a little.

:happy feet: :cheerleader: :happy feet: :cheerleader::party:

Guest evilchris

Ford makes it seem like these things are space shuttles as far as complexity to build. Good god, yank a standard Mustang chassis on wheels, bolt the engine in, throw in the interior, throw some stickers on it, done.

There is nothing complicated about this car from a construction point of view.

Ford makes it seem like these things are space shuttles as far as complexity to build. Good god, yank a standard Mustang chassis on wheels, bolt the engine in, throw in the interior, throw some stickers on it, done.

There is nothing complicated about this car from a construction point of view.

Exactly, they run Mazda 6s on the same line.

After months and months of nothing from my dealer, I FINALLY received an email from him this morning. No, I'm not off material hold. My dealer spoke with his regional rep, and the rep said my Shelby "has an estimated delivery date of sometime in the second quarter of the 2007 model year." That means I might be seeing my car before the end of November.

I'm just so excited that I finally heard something other than "Material Hold" I think I just pooped a little.

:happy feet: :cheerleader: :happy feet: :cheerleader::party:

Just talked with my dealer.....

He says all the "PA" dealers have there car,,,they're just about done

sending the "SVT" dealers there car-----now when ford starts to give

the extra "certified" cars they will start with the big dealerships again first.

What the :censored: .... I am so disgusted!!!!! :banghead:

We'll never get our car!!!! :angry2: :censored:

I'm losing it!!! :tequila:

I think I just pooped a little.

TMI :hysterical:

Just talked with my dealer.....

He says all the "PA" dealers have there car,,,they're just about done

sending the "SVT" dealers there car-----now when ford starts to give

the extra "certified" cars they will start with the big dealerships again first.

What the :censored: .... I am so disgusted!!!!! :banghead:

We'll never get our car!!!! :angry2: :censored:

I'm losing it!!! :tequila:

Nothing against you jbahoffman, but I don't believe too much the dealers say anymore unless it's Isellfords, ratnacage, or FiveOhB. There have been too many times they've been wrong. I'm not saying they are lying, more than likely they just don't have all the facts. Hope you get your car soon though.

Dave

Well bad news for me!! Dealer called today and said I

would not get my car until second quarter 2007. I live

outside San Antonio Texas and ordered in June from

a small dealer. Oh well it will give me more time to

save and have a smaller payment!! :banghead:

Just informed from my NON PA, NON SVT, certified dealer that my Ebony/Tungsten Coupe is scheduled for first quarter 2007. Nothing specific beyond that. At least I have more info than I had last week!!! A springtime delivery is better than it showing up January 15th with 4 feet of snow on the ground!!! The wait coninues.

Just informed from my NON PA, NON SVT, certified dealer that my Ebony/Tungsten Coupe is scheduled for first quarter 2007. Nothing specific beyond that. At least I have more info than I had last week!!! A springtime delivery is better than it showing up January 15th with 4 feet of snow on the ground!!! The wait coninues.

This info is quite interesting as my dealer told me that I would not get mine until 07 and that Ford would be letting dealers know further ahead of time when they would be getting their cars. So this seems to be a little bit of confirmation.

Have any of you other dealers gotten cars scheduled/estimated for the 1st and 2nd qtr of 07?

This is all starting to stink. I have talked to two local svt dealers that do not have there first car. I have talked to a PA dealer who is scheduled to get his second by the end of the month.

All I can get from my non svt/pa dealer is material hold. I have a coupe with the shaker 1000. Could this be the holdup?

Chris

I e-mailed my non svt/pa dealer 10 days ago asking if there was any information that the car would be scheduled to be built this year or next. Still waiting for a reply. He is pretty cool and will proberbly let me know something when he has some appropriate information.

I've really tried hard to not hound him - limiting inquires to every 6 weeks or so.... generally I will casually "check in" and thank him for his time and so forth..... This time I extended an invitation for him to be my guest for a hunting vacation at my lodge.

I am to buy the car at MSRP , so he shouldn't have to worry about a "Hunting Accident" :hysterical:

He has something I want - maby I can return the favor!

This is all starting to stink. I have talked to two local svt dealers that do not have there first car. I have talked to a PA dealer who is scheduled to get his second by the end of the month.

All I can get from my non svt/pa dealer is material hold. I have a coupe with the shaker 1000. Could this be the holdup?

Chris

Yeah, the build scheduling is completely F'd up. If Ford actually followed their own schedule, we non-SVT/non-PA folks might actually have some sort of clue when our cars would be built.

I'm getting my dealer's first Shelby, and I'm still on Material Hold, but many other dealers are already getting their 2nd and 3rd cars. What's up with that? Oh well. I'll probably sit on material hold until spring 2007. At least then, I'll actually get to drive it home rather than have to trailer it home in the dead of winter.

They are trying to phase out a lot of dealers - Hell- The CORPORATIONS make them take tests for this , pay fee's for that - a whole lot of extranious corprate sh t that is slowly choaking out the small dealers.

There is so much hypothetical rumors and 2nd hand information flying around. Hardly anybody knows what is true or false - even the dealers/salespersons.

Just another day in paradise

If all dealers are getting one car then is Ford trying to get that done before they start taking the 2nd orders?It just seems that alot of non SVT/PA dealers that have not got a car yet are now getting this quick opp to order their car and are getting VIN's quickly. My point is if your small dealer has not got a car yet and you are 1st on list then you may still be in luck on a car this year...??

...My point is if your small dealer has not got a car yet and you are 1st on list then you may still be in luck on a car this year...??

That's what I'm hoping, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm getting the first (and only) car from my dealer, and the Mountain West Market Director said I should be taking delivery before the end of November.

Of course, that does not take into account possible delays such as striping issues, trains falling off the tracks, Shaker 1000 backorders ( ;) ), bad clutches, installation of the wrong doors, etc.

That's what I'm hoping, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm getting the first (and only) car from my dealer, and the Mountain West Market Director said I should be taking delivery before the end of November.

Of course, that does not take into account possible delays such as striping issues, trains falling off the tracks, Shaker 1000 backorders ( ;) ), bad clutches, installation of the wrong doors, etc.

Ford measures it's success one bolt at a time.

Now if only they could find the right bolt... :baby:

Facts is facts.

The order ford layed out is not what they are doing. Some dealers are getting their second cars before many are getting the first. We all know there are several power lease holders that were supposed to get their cars first that didn't, and are just now starting to get orders pulled.

The names in a hat thing is funny,but it is'nt that simple. This is one formula that no one at ford will divulge. The entire protacol is a joke. I honestly think ford doesn't even know what they're doing.

Incidently, still on M/H with my non pa, non svt dealer.

One thing for everyone to keep in mind,if your car is not shipped by November 15, you may not see it until 2006. The thanksgiving and christmas shut down will back everything up for a month or two. So I was told from my zone rep.

If all dealers are getting one car then is Ford trying to get that done before they start taking the 2nd orders?It just seems that alot of non SVT/PA dealers that have not got a car yet are now getting this quick opp to order their car and are getting VIN's quickly. My point is if your small dealer has not got a car yet and you are 1st on list then you may still be in luck on a car this year...??

I just received a call from my small town - non SVT, non PA dealer. He received a call from his Ford Rep that said they would be sending the order to the plant next week. The dealer wanted to review the options on my order and and confirm everything one last time before he called the rep back.

I'm glad to hear a smaller dealer like this finally received the call. Does anyone have any idea what type of build date that would give me?

Thanks,

hsurb

Facts is facts.

The order ford layed out is not what they are doing. Some dealers are getting their second cars before many are getting the first. We all know there are several power lease holders that were supposed to get their cars first that didn't, and are just now starting to get orders pulled.

The names in a hat thing is funny,but it is'nt that simple. This is one formula that no one at ford will divulge. The entire protacol is a joke. I honestly think ford doesn't even know what they're doing.

Incidently, still on M/H with my non pa, non svt dealer.

One thing for everyone to keep in mind,if your car is not shipped by November 15, you may not see it until 2007. The thanksgiving and christmas shut down will back everything up for a month or two. So I was told from my zone rep.

+1,000,000

I also spoke with my small town dealer today and he confirmed that my order will be scheduled this thursday and I will have a VIN and production date early next week. One catch. The shaker 1000 had to go or it would hold til 1st quarter 2007. Yes my order is a Coupe, not a vert.

Funny that all these small dealer orders are all being pulled at the same time. We will never know what is going on behind the scenes. i am just glad to see some progress finally happening on my car....Small progress anyway.

I also spoke with my small town dealer today and he confirmed that my order will be scheduled this thursday and I will have a VIN and production date early next week. One catch. The shaker 1000 had to go or it would hold til 1st quarter 2007. Yes my order is a Coupe, not a vert.

Funny that all these small dealer orders are all being pulled at the same time. We will never know what is going on behind the scenes. i am just glad to see some progress finally happening on my car....Small progress anyway.

Congrats, jcthorne! :happy feet: :cheerleader:

I wish I would get that kind of news from my dealer.

Archived