TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

I ordered a GT-500 from a non-PA, non-SVT small dealer.

The dealer placed the order on 9/1, I received a VIN number on 9/8 with a production date of 10/2.

The dealer would not let me place an order until they were certain they were going to be able to get one this year.

i say Bull Shxxx. It takes nearly 3 weeks to process an order. no way hosey in less than a week

here you say you ordered it on Sept 5th.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we PLEASE lose the negativity and personal slams in here?

If you don't believe the info he's posted, that's your right. But I'm getting tired of having to go through and read 30 slam messages in a forum to get to the 4 or 5 that may actually be about the topic in the thread.

This is really getting ridiculous.

Feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of 5 year olds sometimes in here.

Let's all take a chill, PLEASE!

Mike.

My dealer also would not place his order until Ford was ready to "pull" it. My order was officially placed on Sept. 6, confirmed on Sept 6 and given a VIN on Sept 10 projected build-date Oct 2. (unofficially, I had signed an agreement to purchase their allocation on 6/28)

And the garage remodel will be complete just in time....kinda like the parts supply....

My dealer also would not place his order until Ford was ready to "pull" it. My order was officially placed on Sept. 6, confirmed on Sept 6 and given a VIN on Sept 10 projected build-date Oct 2. (unofficially, I had signed an agreement to purchase their allocation on 6/28)

And the garage remodel will be complete just in time....kinda like the parts supply....

So how did your dealer know when Ford was ready to pull the order? Just doesn't sound right to me...

Could be and I just don't understand the process... but I would like to know.

So how did your dealer know when Ford was ready to pull the order? Just doesn't sound right to me...

The regional Rep told him they had one week to place their order. If they missed that time period they forfieted their allocation.

I guess I don,t understand. Does this mean my dora is just something to make me feel warm & fuzzy? When I call CS I feel that at least the dealer ordered the car. Is material hold a scam??

mrfarm, evil knows a lot. he likes to post under a bunch of different names to support what he thinks.

its impossible to make and order and get vin in under a week along with a build date in just a few days.

any dealer who placed his order first would get top priority unless they are a power lease holder. even a power lease holder would not be put in line so quickly. I say bullhonky period!

i would like the posters to put the VIN so someone can verify. BS at best

A DORA means nothing until order is pulled. with the thousands of orders waiting there is no way in this stage of game they put in order then got a vin in just a few days.

From what I got from my local dealership is that evrey small dealership's name is put in a hat and they are pulled for build order. So it appears to be the luck of the draw when your car gets pulled. I was lucky, mine was pulled for sept. with a build date of 9/25. My car went off material hold on 9/1 with VIN# so it is looking like once you get a VIN# in about 3 week you car should be schelduled for build. For those people that ordered late and got a build date almost the same day, the dealership must have waited until they were pulled for build before they submitted thier order. This is not 100% factual but this is what makes sense to me on the mysterious way Ford has been building these cars for us that have waited so long to get our dream car.

From what I got from my local dealership is that evrey small dealership's name is put in a hat and they are pulled for build order. So it appears to be the luck of the draw when your car gets pulled. I was lucky, mine was pulled for sept. with a build date of 9/25. My car went off material hold on 9/1 with VIN# so it is looking like once you get a VIN# in about 3 week you car should be schelduled for build. For those people that ordered late and got a build date almost the same day, the dealership must have waited until they were pulled for build before they submitted thier order. This is not 100% factual but this is what makes sense to me on the mysterious way Ford has been building these cars for us that have waited so long to get our dream car.

Still doesn't make sense to me. I am not saying your story is not true, only that there may be some additional info that is not available to put the pieces of the puzzle together for me.

i say Bull Shxxx. It takes nearly 3 weeks to process an order. no way hosey in less than a week

here you say you ordered it on Sept 5th. Which one is it Chris?

Color combo: Torch Red w/ Performance White Stripes

Date Ordered: September 5, 2006

Date Recieved: TBD

Mods/ Options: Interior Upgrade, Shaker 1000, and Sirius Satellite

Coupe or Convertible: Coupe

City & State: Montgomery, AL

Mileage: TBD

I'm sorry, I placed the order with the dealer on 9/1, he placed the order with Ford on 9/5 per the confirmation sheet he sent me. Who says it takes three weeks to process an order? Also, my dealer would not let me place my order until he was sure he could order it.

I have not called Ford CS to verify the information provided by the dealer but he did provide me with a VIN number.

I also have not received the car yet so there is still plenty of opportunity for things to change.

I'm sorry, I placed the order with the dealer on 9/1, he placed the order with Ford on 9/5 per the confirmation sheet he sent me. Who says it takes three weeks to process an order? Also, my dealer would not let me place my order until he was sure he could order it.

I have not called Ford CS to verify the information provided by the dealer but he did provide me with a VIN number.

I also have not received the car yet so there is still plenty of opportunity for things to change.

Richard,

Just asked you on the other thread about your color combo; I guess this answers that ? This combination looks great--one of the most photogentic.

As for the comments on this thread; I think everyone's a bit freaked because many have had an order in since march and material hold for months. There has been such a lack of logic to the process, there's nothing to hold on to.

My dealer also provided me with an order confirmation sheet the same day I ordered it. Since then I have been in MATHOLD purgatory. It is just unbelievable that you have a VIN already! Don't get me wrong... I am happy for you.

I am still waiting to see good evidence that the backlog of orders is being aggresively worked through. Seems like on the board more people are getting VINS, and a few have been receiving vehicles, just not as many as I would expect given the whole clutch hold stuff is over.

I would have at least expected a "congrats" or something. This is why I don't post very often. I too have been waiting as long as everybody else for this car, Just went about it the way MY dealer asked me to. I empathize with everyone who is still waiting. I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get mine until next year.....but...

I would have at least expected a "congrats" or something. This is why I don't post very often. I too have been waiting as long as everybody else for this car, Just went about it the way MY dealer asked me to. I empathize with everyone who is still waiting. I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get mine until next year.....but...

I am really happy for you. :happy feet: If you lived close I would even bug you for a ride!!! :hysterical:

Don't get bummed you because of the disbelief. Soon you will be cruising the streets in style. When you do scream my name so that I can feel some love too :shift:

Congratulations :party: :party2: :cheerleader:

That's a bit more like it. Beers for everyone...on me! :party:

Seriously though 'dog, It appears from what folks have posted, that it doesn't matter When an order was placed; but rather Which dealer is selected (at random?) to receive their allocation next. Just my best guess.

In the meantime some light reading by Dante may be will cheer everyone up a bit :wacko:

That's a bit more like it. Beers for everyone...on me! :party:

Seriously though 'dog, It appears from what folks have posted, that it doesn't matter When an order was placed; but rather Which dealer is selected (at random?) to receive their allocation next. Just my best guess.

In the meantime some light reading by Dante may be will cheer everyone up a bit :wacko:

I hear ya sprint. Well enjoy the moment and occasionally say a prayer for us banging our heads against the material hold wall :banghead:

Damn I have had a headache all day...

You're believing what your dealer told you? We've seen WAY too many times they've been completely off base on such info.

Dave

You're believing what your dealer told you? We've seen WAY too many times they've been completely off base on such info.

Dave

Maybe I am just stupid but if you don’t believe anything the dealer says then can you even believe the dealer when he said your order is in for the car?! The sales person did learned more from me than anywhere else about what is happening with the production of the car. So for all of you getting your car from a small dealership, we are starting to get our cars built so we are getting closer and seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel. As for the build order it maybe by the date the dealership was certified, we may never really know and after we get our cars we won’t even care because the wait is over. I know it’s been a long-long wait to get our precious work of art of a dream car built with the performance we have wished for from the factory in a Mustang. Something this great is worth waiting for so hang in there, your day of celebration is on the way.

>From what I got from my local dealership is that evrey small dealership's name is put in a hat and they are pulled for build order. So it appears to be the luck of the draw when your car gets pulled.

That's it! That's it! We have finally found the truth about why Ford is in such trouble.

They've lost the hat! Production lines are stopped until someone finds the hat.

>From what I got from my local dealership is that evrey small dealership's name is put in a hat and they are pulled for build order. So it appears to be the luck of the draw when your car gets pulled.

That's it! That's it! We have finally found the truth about why Ford is in such trouble.

They've lost the hat! Production lines are stopped until someone finds the hat.

That was good... :hysterical:

I found the other problem with this. The little slips of paper have the dealers name on both side and they are put into the hat unfolded. Making this even more hilarious it is a glass hat and it is sitting on the table while they draw the "lucky" dealers name. I would be very surprised if there was any "Luck of the Draw" to this whole thing. But that is just my negative 2 cents since I know that my dealer is not getting my car until sometime in 07 :censored: . Oh well it does not matter anyways since the snow will be flying in 2 months anyways. Til then :tequila:

Anyways you folks that have your cars need to keep supplying us with pictures and videos. I need my color combo reinforced in my head. I ordered Ebony w/ Tungsten but am looking very hard at Red w/ Silver.

I found the other problem with this. The little slips of paper have the dealers name on both side and they are put into the hat unfolded. Making this even more hilarious it is a glass hat and it is sitting on the table while they draw the "lucky" dealers name. I would be very surprised if there was any "Luck of the Draw" to this whole thing. But that is just my negative 2 cents since I know that my dealer is not getting my car until sometime in 07 :censored: . Oh well it does not matter anyways since the snow will be flying in 2 months anyways. Til then :tequila:

Anyways you folks that have your cars need to keep supplying us with pictures and videos. I need my color combo reinforced in my head. I ordered Ebony w/ Tungsten but am looking very hard at Red w/ Silver.

If you're not getting a "close to original" color combo, go for the ebony. The red with silver looks ricey. The tape stripes are bad enough, let alone the shine/gloss/imperfections of silver.

My red with white coupe goes into the paint shop the middle of October for a complete paint stripe job.

bj

I received an order right away also like I assume everyone did. It had a VIN # on it also but the # was not a complete #, just something to fill the space. In order to confirm he really got the order filled that quick a full VIN must be produced. Placing the oder and getting it confirmed does not mean you really have a build date yet.

I received an order right away also like I assume everyone did. It had a VIN # on it also but the # was not a complete #, just something to fill the space. In order to confirm he really got the order filled that quick a full VIN must be produced. Placing the oder and getting it confirmed does not mean you really have a build date yet.

Yes, on my DORA (issued the day the order was placed) there is an incomplete VIN. However, two days later I received a complete 17 digit VIN AND a scheduled production date. That's all I know...can't explain others' experiences.

Archived