TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

I don't think there is a hold on all Shelby's at this time.

I was assigned a VIN for second car today, which means it is going to be scheduled soon, and production date for 1st car (Sep 18) has not been revised.

I believe "Material Hold" just means they haven't "Allocated" the parts on hand to a specific order yet.

In other words, if 100 cars are on order, but there is only parts inventory to complete 20, then the remaining 80 would be on "Material Hold" until the parts were received by suppliers to build them.

Again, JUST A GUESS.

Don't flame me if I'm wrong.

By the way, my dealer is BOTh PA and SVT, as well as "Top 50" Mustang dealer, which matters for some reason according to the inventory manager there, although I haven't seen anything on any posts to back the statement up.

Mike.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm taking for granted I still have partial vin#, the one on the dora. I asked, but she said that info was not on her screen. I've been on material hold since I first checked begining in June. So I am hoping this is a promotion at least.

`lutzcat`

I would call back & ask why your order doesn`t have a full serial #

If it is going to be produced it needs to be serialized first.

Good Luck

Oh No! I've learned not to press to hard with them. Three weeks ago I had the bright idea I could go up the ladder with customer service, thought I was being nice but firm, next thing I knew she called the dealer and had the owner of the dealership on the phone. Rather embarrassed on that call. I just make my weekly calls now.

I believe "Material Hold" just means they haven't "Allocated" the parts on hand to a specific order yet.

In other words, if 100 cars are on order, but there is only parts inventory to complete 20, then the remaining 80 would be on "Material Hold" until the parts were received by suppliers to build them.

Again, JUST A GUESS.

Don't flame me if I'm wrong.

Mike.

You are spot on with your material hold interpretation. Material Hold can also be an indicator that a particular part or material is on backorder, but in our current cases, it's as you described.

Called customer service today, NO LONGER ON MATERIAL HOLD!!!!! The lady checked the status and read off some codes, looked them up, and told me the computer will now pick the order out for production. Still only partial vin. #s.

When did you order?

Where are you from?????

I wonder if it DID help that you tried to go up the ladder with customer service????

No, I don't think so. I did notice increased maintance dates for the past three weeks. 90% of the reps in customer service are great people, that other 10% can be a pain in the butt. My understanding of the process was the SVT and PA orders were manually pulled, my thinking now is Ford's computer will now pull the orders in the correct way now if the regional rep ok the customer's order.

I'm in the Tampa Bay area, but ordered mine from north Florida, could not afford the 15k around Tampa.

Lutzcat

Hey Guys!! I started this thread a couple of weeks ago. It has been interesting watching all of your responses. To update you all, I am still on material hold!!! After I posted this thread I called Ford customer service to check the status of my order. I also was firm and asked alot of questions. The customer rep mentioned that he called my dealer while I was on hold. the next day my dealer called me at work and chewed me up one side and down the other. He said that the owner had received a call from his Ford rep. To say hte least he was pissed. They even offered to give my money back!!! I told them that I didn't want my money back .....I just want my car!!! (ordered April 24th) Since then I have backed off a little in fear of screwing up my deal. According to the dealer, as of Wednesday, the Ford rep says my order could be pulled tomorrow or it could be a month from now. Nobody knows!!!!

Hey Guys!! I started this thread a couple of weeks ago. It has been interesting watching all of your responses. To update you all, I am still on material hold!!! After I posted this thread I called Ford customer service to check the status of my order. I also was firm and asked alot of questions. The customer rep mentioned that he called my dealer while I was on hold. the next day my dealer called me at work and chewed me up one side and down the other. He said that the owner had received a call from his Ford rep. To say hte least he was pissed. They even offered to give my money back!!! I told them that I didn't want my money back .....I just want my car!!! (ordered April 24th) Since then I have backed off a little in fear of screwing up my deal. According to the dealer, as of Wednesday, the Ford rep says my order could be pulled tomorrow or it could be a month from now. Nobody knows!!!!

I think a whole bunch of us are in the same boat with you; we don't know crap, and our dealers don't know crap, and the zone reps may know, but they aren't saying crap. Just a whole bunch of crap :doh:

I called Ford CS on Wed expecting to hear same old "material hold." The rep asked several questions not asked before like what color is it, etc and then told me my car was on the assembly line. She said no vin#, but that didn't mean it hadn't been assigned and suggested I call on Friday and I would probably get a vin. Of course I was giddy, all excited but all things considered a bit cautious. Sure enough, when I called on Friday, I got another rep, not real friendly, and I was told "still on material hold," and no answers as to why I was given the "it's on the assembly line" info. I e-mailed my dealer two weeks ago wanting to know why some nonPA dealers seemed to be getting their Shelbys so where is mine--no response (for the first time- now I think I might have pissed them off). Man I've waited so long for this car--ordered in March but studied and dreamed of for several years; this experience is turning into a real drag. I'm getting sick of listening to myself (don't like being so negative_ and I'm sure some of you are sick of my posts as well. I think I'm going to give it up, go mute, try to stop caring if I even get the damn thing. :baby: Good luck everyone--hope you get your Shelbys soon!

CC

My car has been built and "released" from the plant. ETA at dealership is sept 9th. ordered from Non-SVT, non=PA dealer in Boulder, CO. I'll let you know when it gets in.

Hey BoneDoc. Congrats! I'm very happy for you....but then again, it kinda p:censored: me off. Where's my Shelby?!?!? :-)

Hi Guys,

Got an email today from my dealer (small non svt or PA dealer)that my vin #has been assigned ant the car scheduled for production the week of 9/25. :happy feet:with Oct delivery. I ordered the car early June, so this is much sooner than I expected. Haven't talked him into doing a courtesy delivery, so I may have to ship it. :rant:

Maybe I'll see it by Christmas.

My car has been built and "released" from the plant. ETA at dealership is sept 9th. ordered from Non-SVT, non=PA dealer in Boulder, CO. I'll let you know when it gets in.

what date was it serialized/VIN assigned?

What date was "scheduled date"?

what date was "released from plant"?

just trying to judge other non SVT or PA dealer orders (like mine)

Has anyone out there who ordered their GT500 from a non SVT or a non P.A. dealership received their car yet? I ordered mine 4/24/06 and I have been on material hold for for over two months. I hope to hear something soon!!!!

I am a ford dealership salesperson. I have a Shelby GT 500 Convt on order fro over seven months. Today our Ford sales rep was in and I questioned him about it. First of all we were a Focus SVT dealership in Penna.

He answer which I didn't like was they are going to give you your two vehicles in ONE year which means that since we already received one this past august they have until next august to give us the other one we are due.

Kind of nuts but that was his answer,I fugure non-svt dealers may wait longer.

Joe M .

I am a ford dealership salesperson. I have a Shelby GT 500 Convt on order fro over seven months. Today our Ford sales rep was in and I questioned him about it. First of all we were a Focus SVT dealership in Penna.

He answer which I didn't like was they are going to give you your two vehicles in ONE year which means that since we already received one this past august they have until next august to give us the other one we are due.

Joe M .

I don't think that is accurate info coming from your rep. I ordered my Shelby on 15APR06, from NON SVT/NON PA, the dealership has already received their 1st in July and I called today and spoke with Ralph at PVT Ford, and my Shelby has a new scheduled delivery of 14 to 21 days out.

What your rep is telling you may be accurate for your dealership, but I don't think it's accurate for all dealerships of the like.

Hope this helps a little.

Theresa :wacko:

I don't think that is accurate info coming from your rep. I ordered my Shelby on 15APR06, from NON SVT/NON PA, the dealership has already received their 1st in July and I called today and spoke with Ralph at PVT Ford, and my Shelby has a new scheduled delivery of 14 to 21 days out.

What your rep is telling you may be accurate for your dealership, but I don't think it's accurate for all dealerships of the like.

Hope this helps a little.

Theresa :wacko:

Am I reading this right, Theresa? Your dealer is non-SVT, Non-PA and they already received one and the 2nd is on the way?

What the :censored: is going on with Ford? My order was placed on March 27th for my dealer's first (and only) allocation, and I don't even have a VIN yet. This is driving me completely nuts! What happened to Ford building all first allocations before moving on to the 2nd round? I'm getting so :censored: frustrated, I'm about to cancel my order. :censored::banghead::censored::banghead:

(Theresa, just to be clear, I'm not mad at you. My anger is aimed completely at Ford)

Am I reading this right, Theresa? Your dealer is non-SVT, Non-PA and they already received one and the 2nd is on the way?

What the :censored: is going on with Ford? My order was placed on March 27th for my dealer's first (and only) allocation, and I don't even have a VIN yet. This is driving me completely nuts? What happened to Ford building all first allocations before moving on to the 2nd round? I'm getting so :censored: frustrated, I'm about to cancel my order. :censored::banghead::censored::banghead:

(Theresa, just to be clear, I'm not mad at you. My anger is aimed completely at Ford)

Yeah this is the info I have gotten from my dealer, Ralph at PVT Ford and Ford Cust. Serv., so I think this info is accurate... I read somewhere that it's all in the luck of the draw, I'm not sure if that's supposed to be just the 2nd round of Shelby's.

Sorry you haven't gotten your vin yet, I truly understand your frustration.

Theresa

What the :censored: is going on with Ford? My order was placed on March 27th for my dealer's first (and only) allocation, and I don't even have a VIN yet. This is driving me completely nuts! What happened to Ford building all first allocations before moving on to the 2nd round? I'm getting so :censored: frustrated, I'm about to cancel my order. :censored::banghead::censored::banghead:

:sos: Well I have to say that I think pretzel has lost it :finger: . When I first started on this forum and some others he was seemingly a happy voice of reason. Now he is in the final stages of PSDS. I think we are going to need a doc in here pretty soon if he does not find a hobby to take his mind off the car.

But to let you know pretzel we are all in the same boat. I do not even get my emails answered from my dealer for between 2 and 5 days. To top it all off the only answer I get is "no update". I try to only email every 2-4 weeks so that I don't "bug" them. Stay strong your car will arrive.

Yeah this is the info I have gotten from my dealer, Ralph at PVT Ford and Ford Cust. Serv., so I think this info is accurate... I read somewhere that it's all in the luck of the draw, I'm not sure if that's supposed to be just the 2nd round of Shelby's.

Sorry you haven't gotten your vin yet, I truly understand your frustration.

Theresa

Theresa:

Did your dealer give you a vin#???

Joe M .

Joe, how is it possible that you had the order in for over 7 months when orders were not even accepted by Ford until March?

Dave

:sos: Well I have to say that I think pretzel has lost it :finger: . When I first started on this forum and some others he was seemingly a happy voice of reason. Now he is in the final stages of PSDS. I think we are going to need a doc in here pretty soon if he does not find a hobby to take his mind off the car.

But to let you know pretzel we are all in the same boat. I do not even get my emails answered from my dealer for between 2 and 5 days. To top it all off the only answer I get is "no update". I try to only email every 2-4 weeks so that I don't "bug" them. Stay strong your car will arrive.

Actually 2-5 days response time on emails is pretty good. Sometimes a phone call will get you a bit more "technicolor" and helps develop the relationship with the sales person...as opposed to the impersonal email.

Dave

Yeah, my doctor told me not to interact with other humans for a few days. I've developed a nasty twitch over my left eye. My dog has started to look at me funny. Is this how insanity starts? When does the ignorant bliss begin? :wacko:

My dealer hasn't responded to any of my emails or phone calls since early June. When I call him, he says, "Let me check with the GM and I'll call you back." He never calls back. I only contact him (via email or phone) once per month at most, so I don't think I'm being overly pushy. I even had my wife call him once. She got the "Let me check with the GM..." response and he never called back. If it wasn't for Ford customer service, I wouldn't even know I'm on material hold. The complete lack of response makes me extremely nervous, and y'all know I don't need anymore aggravation at this point. I have a friend who's worked at Ford dealerships for years, and even he is getting nervous for me. What gives? :shrug:

:happy feet: Got the build date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 9/25, and if I understood correctly, release date is 10/2, Had to write it down twice, couldn't even hold a pen and write!!!!!!!!!!!! Rpretzel, I wouldn't worry, yours should be pulled soon, just remember it is in the system so you'll be OK.

Lutzcat

Archived