TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any regrets about color ?

shelbang

First of all, congratulations to all those who are new proud papa's of a bouncing 3900 pound baby boy named Shelby! Are you guy's completely satisfied with the exterior color you chose? or do you wish you went with another color? Personally I think the Alloy Clearcoat is the Ultimate now that I have actually seen it up close in both the GT and GT500. However too late. Drag

First of all, congratulations to all those who are new proud papa's of a bouncing 3900 pound baby boy named Shelby! Are you guy's completely satisfied with the exterior color you chose? or do you wish you went with another color? Personally I think the Alloy Clearcoat is the Ultimate now that I have actually seen it up close in both the GT and GT500. However too late. Drag

I thought I wanted red, but after seeing the alloy vert, if I get the chance to order one..that's the color for me...

Got to see my first GT500 in person at the local dealer today! Wow, it is awesome :rockon:

It was sold at 15+ :rant: The car was vista blue with white, that's the color I ordered and after seeing it, I'm sticking with it! :happy feet: Now, if I can just see MINE!

I have Red with White Stripes. Canadian Edition...... canadaf.gif

I never liked Torch Red on any Mustang until I got the Shelby. The White Lemans Stripes do Magic for Torch Red. Excellent Contrast. :yup:

The Red Leather Accents give the Interior a much needed WOW. It's really too bad that Ford didn't offer Interior accents to match all the available Exterior Colour choices. :shrug:

No I definitely wouldn't go back on my colour choice. :nonono:

Pink? We all like Pink Ruf!

Yep. Classes started back today at the community college - and they'll start back at East Carolina University in two weeks - where I teach part-time. My wife's niece started today out of high school. I helped her get her classes and financial aid right. Nice kid. :bandance:

My male students really like that I like cars. Some of them drive Mustangs/Camaros and some are very quick - too quick for me - if - AND EVER WHEN I GET MINE. Sorry. :baby:

Yep. Classes started back today at the community college - and they'll start back at East Carolina University in two weeks - where I teach part-time. My wife's niece started today out of high school. I helped her get her classes and financial aid right. Nice kid. :bandance:

My male students really like that I like cars. Some of them drive Mustangs/Camaros and some are very quick - too quick for me - if - AND EVER WHEN I GET MINE. Sorry. :baby:

have you got a build date for your GT yet??

Nope. Ordered July 5th. I call every day. Still not even serialized.

Very frustrating. My Ford store is very small. No juice in Dearborn, Im sure.

I'll try to hang in there.

If anyone has any connections - let me know - and I'll give you the order and dealer numbers.

Re: Pink - bothering me? Shoot. I've laughed my butt off on all the photoshops y'all have done! Just the fact that y'all have taken the time to Pink up my Z - my office - and my stage curtains - tells me you think I can take a joke. Very funny.

Now - on a more serious note. Those of you who have chosen to make me a laughing stock may want to pay real close attention to your cell-phone bills the next few months. :hysterical: :happy feet: :hysterical:

Are we laughing? :hysterical:

Grabber Orange with no regrets. I would order again and am even more convinced it is the color for this car. I would like the red inserts on the inside but not enough to give up Grabber. My second choice now would probably be Performance White with Tungsten Stripes.

:doh:

Well, I must be the master of color confusion if some of you have read my past posts, however, from day one I've always been down to two choices.........red or black. I wanted red but due to many reasons in my head, decided not to. 07 is right...........the white just brings it out. In the end, I went black with Tungsten................had black, love black, pain in the ass to keep clean black but when clean.........wow!!! As a daily driver, wouldn't have picked black, but as a toy o.k. As for alloy, my opinion, it is a dark charcoal and over the last several years, silvers and greys are too popular and besides, if I'm going to go that 'dark', I'd rather just go mean óle black.

Guest evilchris

isn't there an old saying that "once you go black...

I went black for 14 years with my 5.0, I went Alloy for 2007. There goes that saying....

I went black for 14 years with my 5.0, I went Alloy for 2007. There goes that saying....

....yeah, but it's all pink on the, uh, nevermind.

:shift:

bj

I have torch red. Much better looking in person than in the pix. Saw a Grabber last weekend at a show. While is was a dead ringer for the orange on the two '69s next to it, as a stand alone it looked cheap and almost toy-like. It completely takes the "mean" look away from the front end. The darker colors, and red, accentuate the sinister look of the grill and headlights. White doesn't look nearly as mean, but it has an authentic, historical feel to it. Grabber? Has a Tonka look to it. Lots of "ho-hum" to "yuk" comments from the passers-by when they saw our two within 20 feet of each other.

But what do I know?

:shift:

bj

Archived