TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dash Vin Plaque

gabnmantha

My car is almost here and how much extra is it going to cost me for the dash plaque and sills? Seems like the old man is a bit money hungry!

I don't look at it as greed on Carroll Shelbys part. He gives alot of the money to his charities for his signiture fees. If someone wanted a signed glovebox door, etc. he charges about $200.00 to be donated to the Shelby Childrens Diabeties foundation.

As for the dash plate, It is a plate that adheres to middle of the dash with the cars Vin# etched onto it. Then, Carroll Shelby personally signs it. It also comes w/ 2 GT500 sill plates. The cost is $325.00 plus shipping. I think my total is $337.00. It comes w/ a certificate of Authentisity as well. In my opinion, you better get your car signed while Mr. Shelby is willing to do so. He's 85 & not a spring chicken any more. It can only help your cars value. Just my .02

All Shelby signature revenues go to his Childrens Heart Foundation.

If you don't want to spring for the vin plate and sill plate cost, you can send any part (e.g. glove box cover or a dash panel, etc) for CS to sign to Shelby Autos (go to their website for specifics) and he'll sign it for a fee that's 100% donated to his Childrens Heart Foundation.

He's just trying to help kids who need a new heart, like he did.

Dan

Just some FYI...I oredered my signed vin plaque & sill plates January 10th. I just recieved an e-mail that they were shipped & will arrive by Tues. march 25th. Looks like they are about right in a 10 week estimate.

Dave

He must sign them in batches. Ordered mine January 13th. Received an email also about it being shipped.

All Shelby signature revenues go to his Childrens Heart Foundation.

If you don't want to spring for the vin plate and sill plate cost, you can send any part (e.g. glove box cover or a dash panel, etc) for CS to sign to Shelby Autos (go to their website for specifics) and he'll sign it for a fee that's 100% donated to his Childrens Heart Foundation.

He's just trying to help kids who need a new heart, like he did.

Dan

If you send him something to sign - then yes, the fee goes to his foundation.

I've asked - and there's been at least one other thread here about it - about whether or not an item like this, ordered through SPP, also does this.

I and a few others had asked because of the potential tax deduction (even if it's only a partial one because of the value of the plaque/sill plates). SPP told me that they could not and would not send anything about that because they are a For Profit business - not aligned with the Childrens Foundation.

To me, that says that the "donation" does NOT go towards the children for the dash plaque. It also doesn't say anything about it on the SPP site either.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...late%20kit.aspx

Mine came with my car, 07SGT0109. That was last April and I didn't have to place a special ordere.

Yes, SGT's came with one.

The GT500's must be ordered, but have a real signature of CS on it, not the printed version that the SGT got.

Both are very nice, thick aluminum, and engraved with the VIN and car info.

Good info, Joe...

I thought if it was an actual CS sig (not mechanically printed) some portion went to the Childrens Fund but you may be right that it's only for items sent in for his sig.

It would certainly be possible for CSCF to get a portion of the revenue, but then I would think they must provide a statement as to what portion is tax deductable and I would think SPP would have to disclose that at sale-offering (e.g. $nn of this purchase goes to...), so you may be correct.

If CSCF doesn't presently get a piece of that, possibly they could if the logistics isn't too much of a hassel -- dunno.

Good info, Joe...

I thought if it was an actual CS sig (not mechanically printed) some portion went to the Childrens Fund but you may be right that it's only for items sent in for his sig.

It would certainly be possible for CSCF to get a portion of the revenue, but then I would think they must provide a statement as to what portion is tax deductable and I would think SPP would have to disclose that at sale-offering (e.g. $nn of this purchase goes to...), so you may be correct.

If CSCF doesn't presently get a piece of that, possibly they could if the logistics isn't too much of a hassel -- dunno.

When I sent my visor in to CSCF, I received a donation reciept in return. You don't get one of these with the plaque. Therefore, I do not believe the purchase price of the plaque is tax deductable.

Where is the best place to order this from? Shelbyautos? Maybe if I order now, I'll have it by mid-summer..lol

Carroll Shelby's only source. The Drake factory adjoins with the GT Shelby plant who handle the interior dress up part of the Shelby GT line of cars. You can go to http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/, download the .pdf file, go to page 36, or back out a few steps from this forum and you'll see that you're already here (check out the icons). Make sure they back up their signature claim with a certificate of authenticity as they promised me and have yet to receive.

Airborne

OK I ordered mine tonight through the SPP link on this thread. I noticed it didn't ask anywhere for the VIN# of my car - so I just included it along with the purchase date in the "special instructions" box of the order form. Is this what I'm supposed to do?

How do they know whether this is for an actual car if they don't have a space for the VIN on the order?

Thanks,

Tim

OK I ordered mine tonight through the SPP link on this thread. I noticed it didn't ask anywhere for the VIN# of my car - so I just included it along with the purchase date in the "special instructions" box of the order form. Is this what I'm supposed to do?

How do they know whether this is for an actual car if they don't have a space for the VIN on the order?

Thanks,

Tim

You did the right thing.

That's how I did it last year when I got mine.

Otherwise they'd contact you via email for the VIN - taking more time.

OK, I talked to SPP and it's all good. I now have an understanding of the logistics involved in producing something unique like this to be offered to car owners - and hope that Carroll's hand holds out long enough to sign mine for me. It's pricey, but when you consider you get the sill plates included and you'll have something that no owner of another car will have - it's not a bad deal.

I will probably install the sill plates on the car & try to salvage the OEM SVT plates to make something out of. I may just have the dash plaque framed & mounted to keep inside my office and protect it from weather damage. That way I can have it in my office and if I show to a car show or something I can prop the plaque up on the console for looks. Will see when it gets here in a couple months.

Having the dash plaque visible inside the car - while it adds to the looks of the interior - might be just another thing that catches the eye of a potential thief.

OK, I talked to SPP and it's all good. I now have an understanding of the logistics involved in producing something unique like this to be offered to car owners - and hope that Carroll's hand holds out long enough to sign mine for me. It's pricey, but when you consider you get the sill plates included and you'll have something that no owner of another car will have - it's not a bad deal.

I will probably install the sill plates on the car & try to salvage the OEM SVT plates to make something out of. I may just have the dash plaque framed & mounted to keep inside my office and protect it from weather damage. That way I can have it in my office and if I show to a car show or something I can prop the plaque up on the console for looks. Will see when it gets here in a couple months.

Having the dash plaque visible inside the car - while it adds to the looks of the interior - might be just another thing that catches the eye of a potential thief.

Try to email them to send you the certificate of authentication with the package...i did it that way and got mine together.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24307

ordered 1/7/08, shipped 3/20/08, arrived 3/27/08 :happy feet:

Got mine today, too. Mine has a small, vertical scratch about three quarters of an inch long just below Carroll's signature though. I'll call tomorrow and see if they'll replace it.

Got mine today, too. Mine has a small, vertical scratch about three quarters of an inch long just below Carroll's signature though. I'll call tomorrow and see if they'll replace it.

Looks like they totally stand behind their product. Emailed them a couple of pics and they agreed to make me a new plaque. I get to hold on to this one just in case, God forbid, Carroll doesn't get to sign the new one. When it's ready, I'll send them the scratched one, and they'll send me the new one. Very pleased with the customer service I received.

Archived