TEAM SHELBY FORUM

rpretzel's baby is home

rpretzel

Our baby is finally home. She was taken in for major surgery almost 2 weeks ago. Warranty replacement of the tranny & clutch was the main reason (The old 1st to 2nd gear grind issue). While she was there, I had them install a new FRPP shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, and the final parts of my Evo Ultimate Lowering package (FRPP springs, BMR UCA and Tokico D-Spec shocks & struts).

She's a completely different car. I'm totally blown away. She shifts like butter now. The new shifter is so positive...unlike the mushy stock shifter. She handles like a dream, and I had no idea 3.73 gears would make such a huge difference. I thought I had traction issues before. Now I really have issues...but without the wheel hop! Woo Hoo!!!! I couldn't be happier. This is how she should have rolled off the factory floor. This is the best car ever!!!!

Here's a Before pic:

100_1369.jpg

And the After pic:

shelby_fnt_corner_1.jpg

Outstanding! That's a beautiful car.

The 3.73 gears are what we need. They make my blown GT really move. I can't imagine what Ruf is experiencing with the 4.10's or what you get with 3.73's in your GT500. Too bad that Ford can't offer them as a factory option.

Pretzel, glad to hear your baby's back. :happy feet: :happy feet:

You're absolutely right when you say it should have came from the factory with a stance like that, she's a beauty. :dreamy:

All the best with it bud. :)

Thanks y'all. One thing that really pi$$es me off is, now that I see her lowered, I'm pretty sure the Aloca wheels will fit with 295/35/20s on the rear with no problems at all. There's still quite a bit of clearance, and with the stiffer ride, I'm sure there wouldn't be rubbing issues. The 295/35s would only be 0.25" closer to the fender. I never should have canceled my order. Too late now...I already spent that money on an Evo Stage 4. Maybe next year.

Thanks y'all. One thing that really pi$$es me off is, now that I see her lowered, I'm pretty sure the Aloca wheels will fit with 295/35/20s on the rear with no problems at all.

Man screw that! Your car looks fabulous the way it is right now!

Am I the only person that lkes the factory wheels? lol

Still think that color/stripe combo is the finest ever offered.

Enjoy.

Car looks absolutely phenomenal!

It's great when you can get function along with looks.

All this hype about the FRPP shifter from the members that recently got one installed with their new tranny is making me really want one - Blue-Oval Industries has a decent price for it right now.

[q

Thanks y'all. One thing that really pi$$es me off is, now that I see her lowered, I'm pretty sure the Aloca wheels will fit with 295/35/20s on the rear with no problems at all.

Man screw that! Your car looks fabulous the way it is right now!

Am I the only person that lkes the factory wheels? lol

Still think that color/stripe combo is the finest ever offered.

Enjoy.

No your not and frankly, I don't understand why people are changing them. Guys with Mustang GTs would kill for our wheels as it would help make theirs look like a Shelby. We have the real deal, be proud of it and keep it looking that way.

I think...

[q

No your not and frankly, I don't understand why people are changing them. Guys with Mustang GTs would kill for our wheels as it would help make theirs look like a Shelby. We have the real deal, be proud of it and keep it looking that way.

I think...

I actually like the look of the stock wheels. The main reason I'm looking for new wheels is to go wider. I'm having difficulty getting the power to the road, especially with the new gears. Plus I have the Evo Stage 4 on order. The stock rubber just can't take all that power. I'd really like to find a wheel that'll take a 305.

I actually like the look of the stock wheels. The main reason I'm looking for new wheels is to go wider. I'm having difficulty getting the power to the road, especially with the new gears. Plus I have the Evo Stage 4 on order. The stock rubber just can't take all that power. I'd really like to find a wheel that'll take a 305.

Rick why don't you have the stock rims widened? It will be less expensive plus you get the wheels you like. Even if you buy a second set you would still be money ahead. I know you already have the tires but you should be able to return or exchange them(never mounted). IMO if you looking for better traction your not going to get it with 19"or20" until they come out with drag radial plus you get a little stiffer ride with lower profile tires.

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/

Rick why don't you have the stock rims widened? It will be less expensive plus you get the wheels you like. Even if you buy a second set you would still be money ahead. I know you already have the tires but you should be able to return or exchange them(never mounted). IMO if you looking for better traction your not going to get it with 19"or20" until they come out with drag radial plus you get a little stiffer ride with lower profile tires.

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/

That's a good idea, Scott. I'll have to keep that in mind. Didn't someone around here say Discount Tire sells GT500 replica wheels? I would just need to buy 2 and have them widened. Maybe take them to 11" wide and slap on some 305/35/18s on the back. Or maybe even 315s! That would be perfect. Anyone know if 315s will fit? Does anyone make a 315/35/18?

The tire search begins!

That's a good idea, Scott. I'll have to keep that in mind. Didn't someone around here say Discount Tire sells GT500 replica wheels? I would just need to buy 2 and have them widened. Maybe take them to 11" wide and slap on some 305/35/18s on the back. Or maybe even 315s! That would be perfect. Anyone know if 315s will fit? Does anyone make a 315/35/18?

The tire search begins!

Here are site for the factory wheels https://secure.buyfordracing.com/index.php

The tire search begins!

Rick as we discussed I have Nitto 305/45/R18 on the stock rear wheel..... mainly for the track last year.

I have been too lazy this winter to put the stocks back on. is a little taller than stock and gives a bit of a "Redneck" appearance.... especially with the stock suspension. but has reasonably good bite.

I'm sure if you widened a set of rims to 11" you could fit 315's. probably not a bad idea for your "track tires" to be a bit taller than stock as well.... especially with the 373's. not sure how much tire you can fit into the wheel well now, though with it a bit lower?

you are gonna need that rubber on the road once you get your Evo stage 4!

I'm sure you'll find something that hooks up well.

Ron

Archived