TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Racing Seat Belts

clark17357

I am contemplating putting 5-point seat belts in my car. Has anyone done this yet? If so, what did you decide to go with and why? Thanks. Jim

Jim, I think a pair of Simpson's would look great and be very functional. However, would there be an issue re warranty and safety in the event of an accident. I could see Ford claiming that they would not be responsible for injury because the original safety equipment was not used.

Don't install the nutcracker strap!

I knew that strap had to have another name. :lol: Now that I think about it, one would probably not need the anti-submarine link given that the air bag would keep you in your seat. Jim

Jim, I think a pair of Simpson's would look great and be very functional. However, would there be an issue re warranty and safety in the event of an accident. I could see Ford claiming that they would not be responsible for injury because the original safety equipment was not used.

Good point and one I had not thought of. I will look into that. I had a Simpson set up (four point) in my 1967 Porsche 912 (with Scheel racing bucket seats) and it was a pretty sweet set up. Of course, back in 1967, seat belts had just become mandatory in the US (1964 or 5 has I recall). Jim

Archived