TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going to vegas next week

timmyer

I am going to be in vegas next week. Planning on visiting Shelby Auto's. Haven't been keeping up with whats happening out there since receiving my SGT last year. Haven't checked out the message board. Its changed........Is John Walker still there? Anybody been there got any suggestions .............

Tim Myer

07 SGT#1209

I am going to be in vegas next week. Planning on visiting Shelby Auto's. Haven't been keeping up with whats happening out there since receiving my SGT last year. Haven't checked out the message board. Its changed........Is John Walker still there? Anybody been there got any suggestions .............

Tim Myer

07 SGT#1209

John Walker is gone. He left in January, the day before Mr. Shelby's 85th B-Day Bash started. Make sure you do the tour if you have not. And as long as you are there, see if you can sneak into Bud's Mod Shop and take some photos of the mods to my car (CSM#2008SGT0282) that is being held hostage in the Mod Shop. I'm serious about the photos and you might enjoy seeing the Mod Shop. Jim

Hey Tim.....its been a long time. How is the tire business?

You are going to love the trip to SAI....great tour (tell Adrienne congrats from me, a little birdy (Helaina) told me a secret ;) ........

bring your credit card, the gift shop will be waiting........

Keep in touch buddy, drop me an email when you can....mbsings4u@msn.com

Have a great trip, Enjoy.

Michael

Hello Michael, Good to hear from you. Business is great. Hope your doing good. Tony, Not for sure but probably going on the tour Thursday............Can't wait

If you go on Friday sometimes SAI has museum delivers. Thats kinda cool watching a guy get his car.

Just letting you know

michael morris

Good point about Friday. I might get to live vicariously my museum delivery that I had to cancel because of the S/C moratorium. In fact, it would have been that Friday.

May I could do a museum delivery on a Les Nessman virtual car. Masking tape on the ground outline with a lawn chair in the driver's seat position and make vroom-vroom noises. :):)

We're not driving the BJ there for two reasons:

1. We already had non-refundable airline tickets.

2. One can still get caught in a monster snow storm in Utah where 70 and 15 meet and on I70 going up by Vail. Ski season isn't over yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I made it back. Going to Shelby was great, but costly. Only seen 2 SGT's. They are finishing up the 2008 now. But had GT500's being made into KR's and Supersnakes all around the place. Thats were it started costing me. Seen several white with silver stripped GT500's with 20" razors (silver). That really looked good. So as of today I have them ordered for my SGT. Gonna be several weeks before they arrive. Can't wait. If anyone has pictures of a white SGT with silver razors please post a pic..........

I was at Shelby on Friday and saw the Razors in black. I was looking at 07SGT399's car, and lo and behold a black GT500 with black razors is pulled in next to it. Viola! Both next to each other. How cool.

Which looks better. A or B (think of it as the eye test):

A:

DSC_0195.jpg

B:

DSC_0196.jpg

Both

DSC_0197.jpg

Now I'm tending to vote for A. Holy cow, there goes another $2500.

Ford/Shelby are smart. If they put all of this stuff (electrochromic mirror, HD radio, and now totally cool tires and wheels) on the car to begin with it would cost a whole bunch more money, yet we think nothing of dropping about $4K afterwards... And I haven't even added the supercharger yet. There goes the HD TV for a while longer.

I was at Shelby on Friday and saw the Razors in black. I was looking at 07SGT399's car, and lo and behold a black GT500 with black razors is pulled in next to it. Viola! Both next to each other. How cool.

Which looks better. A or B (think of it as the eye test):

A:

DSC_0195.jpg

B:

DSC_0196.jpg

Both

DSC_0197.jpg

Now I'm tending to vote for A. Holy cow, there goes another $2500.

Ford/Shelby are smart. If they put all of this stuff (electrochromic mirror, HD radio, and now totally cool tires and wheels) on the car to begin with it would cost a whole bunch more money, yet we think nothing of dropping about $4K afterwards... And I haven't even added the supercharger yet. There goes the HD TV for a while longer.

For sure they have different looks. Razors have a real visual punch but wheel B looks great! Tough choice on black car. Are the wheels 18's or 20's?

For sure they have different looks. Razors have a real visual punch but wheel B looks great! Tough choice on black car. Are the wheels 18's or 20's?

A is the Razor (20"), B is the stock wheel. I like the look of the Razor with wider tires on the back.

Also, don't go rentin' the GT-H. I want it there when I get there so I can make up a story about how it would be better to give it to me for the regular mid-sized car rate than have it sitting there not making them any money.

Also, I'm here now. I got here a week ago this afternoon. I tried to get the GTH but it was already taken - reserved for Sat for a week. Instead they gave me a Pontiac Grand Prix GXP. I was expecting some wussy thing with a 6-cyl. The Hertz lady must have sensed my lust for power - this has a 5.3V8, 303HP. I was taking a turn onto LV Blvd on a red and it turned green the other way so I goosed it and and the rear end went out on me. It's still not a Shelby...

• 2 weeks later...
I will be in Vegas week of June 16. Is there anything special can be set up if you are an owner? Any recommendations for those that have been? thanx Steve

Ditto! I will be there the last week of April. Planning on the tour for sure. How long is the tour, Is this a half day adventure outing? Any recommendations

Joe

Ditto! I will be there the last week of April. Planning on the tour for sure. How long is the tour, Is this a half day adventure outing? Any recommendations

Joe

Very cool, I am heading out there on the way to Cali, definitely want to take the tour. I think I'll be there on the 29th or 30th.

Joe

The public tour is about a half hour. I was there in December 2007 when John Walker was still there and he took me on a second tour after the public one. Don Beson is the new Director of Sales, taking John's place. What I know of him I learned from the April Team Shelby Newsletter. I would suggest you contact him in advance and see what he can set up for you to. Not many in the public tour will be on your level of knowlege so be prepared for a lot of generalizations -- the tour is that way because they need a wide range of people to be able to understand what they are doing. The public tour is not at all set up for the owner of one of these cars.

If you hook up with Don, please report back to the rest of us on what you see. Have a great time. Jim

The public tour is about a half hour. I was there in December 2007 when John Walker was still there and he took me on a second tour after the public one. Don Beson is the new Director of Sales, taking John's place. What I know of him I learned from the April Team Shelby Newsletter. I would suggest you contact him in advance and see what he can set up for you to. Not many in the public tour will be on your level of knowlege so be prepared for a lot of generalizations -- the tour is that way because they need a wide range of people to be able to understand what they are doing. The public tour is not at all set up for the owner of one of these cars.

If you hook up with Don, please report back to the rest of us on what you see. Have a great time. Jim

I know Don and have had the pleasure of having lunch with him a number of times. If you get a chance to meet him, I think you will be impressed by his level of knowledge and his dedication to the customer. And he must be an all right guy, he's the owner of SGT0056!

Wes

Well I made it back. Going to Shelby was great, but costly. Only seen 2 SGT's. They are finishing up the 2008 now. But had GT500's being made into KR's and Supersnakes all around the place. Thats were it started costing me. Seen several white with silver stripped GT500's with 20" razors (silver). That really looked good. So as of today I have them ordered for my SGT. Gonna be several weeks before they arrive. Can't wait. If anyone has pictures of a white SGT with silver razors please post a pic..........

Mine are close , gun metal

Very cool, I am heading out there on the way to Cali, definitely want to take the tour. I think I'll be there on the 29th or 30th.

Shouldn't be hard to spot me. I'll be the one with all the drool on my shirt. :happy feet:

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to take you advice and try and get in touch with Don Beson in advance. I will let you know how it turns out.

I plan on taking my 07 SGT #2940 "home" in October for the A/C Delco Nationals. I will definately take the tour and undoubtably max out my Mastercard at the gift shop. I'm hoping there will be another event at the new Cafe where Team members can meet up wih some real legends like they did for the Summit Nationals this month. The only notification I receved about the April event came 4 hours before it happened. Even living 400 miles from Vegas, and driving my Shelby, I couldn't have driven down I-15 in time.

Maybe the Team memebers could be notified sooner next time so we can make the appropriate arrangements.

Viva Las Vegas!!!

Archived