TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Customer SS's

This is an excerpt from Amy's feb 9th update:

"We have called in the first ten convertibles and to-date have built 2 customer owned Super Snakes,

a Red convertible and a Tungsten Coupe. We will be able to post pictures of these cars once we get a release from the customers. Like stated before, "Menacing" is the best word used to describe these cars.

I can reiterate that after seeing these two."

A red 'vert and a Tungsten coupe, these would be nice to see. Did the owners not sign releases? Where are these cars? Son of GT and Mike are claiming the first convertible and coupe, but in reviewing Amy's post, maybe they aren't. What's going on? Please share info and pic's, whoever you are... :headscratch:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew that it didn't make sense that #'s 12 and 14 were the first ones..... no offense to Son and MM.

Maybe they are not members??? I would like to see those cars too!

But I really can't wait to see a BLACK Vert.... u know vested interest of sorts!!!

We never said our cars were the FIRST BUILT. They are the FIRST DELIVERED. I have confirmation that my car was the FIRST 725HP delivered. I know that there were 3 or 4 being built at the same time, but mine left before those cars. I dont really car if it was 1st or 21st, that really never come up. Im just happy to be getting the SS. I think they are going to be AWESOME cars.

Im sorry for the misunderstanding about my car being the first BUILT. The other cars will surface soon I would think. I know #3 should ship next week and he is a member of the forum

michael morris

We never said our cars were the FIRST BUILT. They are the FIRST DELIVERED. I have confirmation that my car was the FIRST 725HP delivered. I know that there were 3 or 4 being built at the same time, but mine left before those cars. I dont really car if it was 1st or 21st, that really never come up. Im just happy to be getting the SS. I think they are going to be AWESOME cars.

Im sorry for the misunderstanding about my car being the first BUILT. The other cars will surface soon I would think. I know #3 should ship next week and he is a member of the forum

michael morris

I'm not looking to give you sh*t Mike.... I was just thinking about the # thing and it doesn't make much sense to me. I was under the impression that logically speaking, aside from the SC issues for the 605 vs 725, that these would be built in sequence. One would assume that SAI wouln't give out #'s without deposits, but I guess I could be wrong.

Sorry to MM and Son if I offended you guys in any way. It was not intended.

My car is #38 and should be completed next week. I have a black vert. I was wondering the same thing about the numbers. If any one from SAI is listening you HAVE my permission to show pics of my car ASAP. I along with everyone else would like to see it. I also was under the impression yhat they were not building the 725's yet for lack of parts and that they originaly called in the first 10 verts because of that. guess I was wrong too. Any way as soon as I get more info about my car I will let you all know.

Guys, the number thing is an internal system to shelby. of the lower numbers 2 are are built, they are the ss725 hp test car and the 605hp test car. one is the carp car, one is the parts test car. There is no decrepency, not all these cars are customers cars.

The cars are all accounted for, they are numbered, they will be done in the order we can get the cars and the owners are ready to be sent, so CSM numbers and built numbers will never match. In fact we call many many people to get a weeks worth of cars. not everyone can or are available to send their cars right away.

hope that helps.

Amy

I'm not looking to give you sh*t Mike.... I was just thinking about the # thing and it doesn't make much sense to me. I was under the impression that logically speaking, aside from the SC issues for the 605 vs 725, that these would be built in sequence. One would assume that SAI wouln't give out #'s without deposits, but I guess I could be wrong.

Sorry to MM and Son if I offended you guys in any way. It was not intended.

I wasnt OFFENED at all. I didnt want you or anyone to think I was trying to say something that wasnt true. I know that they are knocking these cars out like crazy and we are about to see alot of them being delivered.

Im sorry if I came across like I was offended. They are just cars and in 6 months NO will care what car went first or last, just as long as everyone has the car they wanted :happy feet:

michael morris

michael morris

I'm really very happy for you guys, and yes, you said first delivered. I only discovered Amy's comments when reviewing some updates, and there seemed to be a disconnect somewhere. I'm not in any way trying to downplay your vehicles or timing. I would love to be in your place...

That being said, I was looking for 2 things: the wheel choices, as I prefer gun-metal over chrome (but as someone pointed out, I'm out of luck, as the options were for the 40th package), and to see when other colours might be completed. So back to my original request, does anyone know about the alloy SS, because many would like to see pictures.

Guys, the number thing is an internal system to shelby. of the lower numbers 2 are are built, they are the ss725 hp test car and the 605hp test car. one is the carp car, one is the parts test car. There is no decrepency, not all these cars are customers cars.

The cars are all accounted for, they are numbered, they will be done in the order we can get the cars and the owners are ready to be sent, so CSM numbers and built numbers will never match. In fact we call many many people to get a weeks worth of cars. not everyone can or are available to send their cars right away.

hope that helps.

Amy

Well, it helps, yes and no. I understand the scheduling vs delivery issues. My question was more about your comment, that the tungsten alloy was a customer car.

Amen to that. I think the wait and anticipation to get our cars back is getting to all of us. My only consolation is that it is to cold to drive my vert now any way. If I had to wait like this in may or June I would go even more bonkers :jackinbox: just the hunger for any pictures of finished cars should be an indication of the hurting we are all feeling

I'm really very happy for you guys, and yes, you said first delivered. I only discovered Amy's comments when reviewing some updates, and there seemed to be a disconnect somewhere. I'm not in any way trying to downplay your vehicles or timing. I would love to be in your place...

That being said, I was looking for 2 things: the wheel choices, as I prefer gun-metal over chrome (but as someone pointed out, I'm out of luck, as the options were for the 40th package), and to see when other colours might be completed. So back to my original request, does anyone know about the alloy SS, because many would like to see pictures.

You are one of my favorite posters :happy feet: I always look forward to our banter together. I didnt get upset at all over anything you posted. I just wanted to make sure that we are on the same page.

I always new the SAI couldnt build them in number order. The logistics would be almost impossible. For you folks that get that white stuff that falls out of the sky, cant remember what you call it :hysterical: You know someone got that all over the ground and couldnt come when called. SAI couldnt hold up production until the sun melted the STUFF away.

I now understand your post better. You would like to see pictures of the other SSs and the colors as they are finished :happy feet:

Keep posting I really enjoy it

michael morris

hope that helps.

Amy

Call me Amy. I'm ready to deliver now.

Well, it was worth a try.

You are one of my favorite posters :happy feet: I always look forward to our banter together. I didnt get upset at all over anything you posted. I just wanted to make sure that we are on the same page.

I always new the SAI couldnt build them in number order. The logistics would be almost impossible. For you folks that get that white stuff that falls out of the sky, cant remember what you call it :hysterical: You know someone got that all over the ground and couldnt come when called. SAI couldnt hold up production until the sun melted the STUFF away.

I now understand your post better. You would like to see pictures of the other SSs and the colors as they are finished :happy feet:

Keep posting I really enjoy it

michael morris

Don't make me blush, Mike. I won't be happy... :blush: Kind words, to be sure.

As for that STUFF, we don't have any in Calgary. I was back east in Ottawa last week, and it's a different world there. I put the insurance back on my car yesterday, came home looking forward to a nice drive, and CLICK... battery's f'n DEAD! :angry2:

Charged it up, and was out for my first drive of the year today. Hey, it's no SuperSnake, but I kept tellin' her it won't be long...

And Amy, if you're out there, I read what you posted, and contacted all the other numbers ahead of me. They said they couldn't get in right now, so I guess that makes me next. And just to show I'm not being greedy, I'll only bring one of them in. Don't thank me, Amy, just trying to help. :D

Michael,

I'd make book that your 725 hp SS is going to end up being the first one on the ground to a customer. I know that my 725 hp 40th is the first because of the drive shaft selection. But, when SAI finally releases Oasis to us, we will be able to find out to the minute when everything was installed and finished.

If anyone is ahead of you, they have no pride. It would be criminal to not tell the world about this car!

Michael,

I'd make book that your 725 hp SS is going to end up being the first one on the ground to a customer. I know that my 725 hp 40th is the first because of the drive shaft selection. But, when SAI finally releases Oasis to us, we will be able to find out to the minute when everything was installed and finished.

If anyone is ahead of you, they have no pride. It would be criminal to not tell the world about this car!

I with you. I couldnt wait tell yall about the car. Im so PROUD I cant stand it. I think I have sent Bud 10 emails thanking him. I dont know that it being the first car delivered will make a difference until my grand kids go to sell it and since my first kid aint going to be here until August that should tell you how long its going to take :hysterical:

Never worried about numbers much unless its HP :happy feet: Guys will get thier cars before they know it and we all will be talking about how much fun they are and how many cars we blew the doors off :happy feet:

michael morris

Hi all,

Ok, here is the alloy SS. It is being picked up as I am writing this. I also have the owners permission to post the pic.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Nice car. Bud told me today that about 4 or five are real close to completion in addition to the one today. We also talked a while about the Shelby Eibach Suspension. I'd like to see some pix and get some feedback when they roll out.

I with you. I couldnt wait tell yall about the car. Im so PROUD I cant stand it. I think I have sent Bud 10 emails thanking him. I dont know that it being the first car delivered will make a difference until my grand kids go to sell it and since my first kid aint going to be here until August that should tell you how long its going to take :hysterical:

Never worried about numbers much unless its HP :happy feet: Guys will get thier cars before they know it and we all will be talking about how much fun they are and how many cars we blew the doors off :happy feet:

michael morris

No, you don't know what pride is yet. Wait till you see your car for the first time and then when you pop the hood, you will be blown away. It will all of a sudden be real, not just a dream

Hi all,

Ok, here is the alloy SS. It is being picked up as I am writing this. I also have the owners permission to post the pic.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

RR1.jpg

RRa.jpg

Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Thanks for posting these, Bud, and to the owner! :beerchug:

And I was always going to choose the window scoops over the plates, and after seeing this and MM's car, there's no doubt about it. Very nice!

michael morris

Here's a thought: :idea:

find a way to archive some of these threads, and add them to your scrapbook. :work:

I with you. I couldn't wait tell yall about the car. I'm so PROUD I cant stand it. I think I have sent Bud 10 emails thanking him. I dont know that it being the first car delivered will make a difference until my grand kids go to sell it and since my first kid aint going to be here until August that should tell you how long its going to take :hysterical:

michael morris

OK I can't stand it anymore!!! I got my call 2 days ago that my car was in the Mod shop getting the SS package. I got a email today that Bud sent Cynithia that said my car had a few issues with the cats having to be reinstalled and lug wrench issue, but should be in the strip shop next week. John Strauss

I with you. I couldn't wait tell yall about the car. I'm so PROUD I cant stand it. I think I have sent Bud 10 emails thanking him. I dont know that it being the first car delivered will make a difference until my grand kids go to sell it and since my first kid aint going to be here until August that should tell you how long its going to take :hysterical:

michael morris

OK I can't stand it anymore!!! I got my call 2 days ago that my car was in the Mod shop getting the SS package. I got a email today that Bud sent Cynithia that said my car had a few issues with the cats having to be reinstalled and lug wrench issue, but should be in the strip shop next week. John Strauss

Cant wait to see pic. I love white, but had to go with red on the SS. Its not much longer now.

michael morris

Cant wait to see pic. I love white, but had to go with red on the SS. Its not much longer now.

michael morris

Thanks Michael I can't tell you how much I like your car, its truly BAD TO THE BONE!!! I hope to pick mine up in a couple weeks my truck trailer and car have been there since the CS 85th party. I checked it in on Saturday after we were done on the track. PS the wife wanted me to tell you she really likes the Red Super Snake after I showed her yours. And thanks for all your efforts keeping up this site. John Strauss

Archived