TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traction Control

Afterburner

First thing I do after turning the key is turning TCS off. Driving on snow, ice and gravel for 28 years now makes driving the GT500 sideways second nature ;) (And no I don't drive the GT500 on gravel!) I'd rather know what the car is going to do versus guessing when the TCS might kick in or not. You don't want to lose power due to TCS kicking in when you expect it to be there and need it. It really depends on your comfort level having the back end break loose on you. It is a much more liberal system than TCS' on most cars though. (i.e. it will let you spin more liberally before engaging)

Mine is disabled....after I embarrased myself a few times by forgetting to shut it off.

Maybe it depends on the tune, but my Evo tune makes it so I can still anhilate the tires with the TC on

The thing IMO that is scary is when you are doing 50mph and stab the throttle and the whole back end shifts into the next lane over as the tires break lose.

It is badass but man every single time I feel like I should say a hail mary hahaha

First thing I do after turning the key is turning TCS off.

+1

I always drive with the TC off!

Not only does it make the car go faster on the 1/4 mile, but you never know when a challenge is going to come up -- you don't want to forget to turn it off.

...and here is a modified Shelby GT500 (11.31) vs. a stock Shelby GT500 (13.23):

Link: ->

Go baby! :yup:

Archived