TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who's waiting for a 2009 GT500?

captdave

The 2007 GT500's were great. The 2008 GT500's had a few more colors to chose from. The 2009 GT500 should be the best of the bunch. So far it's the same car as the 2008 GT500. But Ford has had 2 years to work on correcting minor problems. So are you waiting for a 2009 GT500? Or do you plan on picking up a 2008 GT500 as a leftover? This should be the best year yet to get a GT500. Thank you FOMOCO for another year of GT500's.

CaptDave

The 2007 GT500's were great. The 2008 GT500's had a few more colors to chose from. The 2009 GT500 should be the best of the bunch. So far it's the same car as the 2008 GT500. But Ford has had 2 years to work on correcting minor problems. So are you waiting for a 2009 GT500? Or do you plan on picking up a 2008 GT500 as a leftover? This should be the best year yet to get a GT500. Thank you FOMOCO for another year of GT500's.

CaptDave

No Red Package so far for 2009. Saw you were hoping for a Black vert red package. With only 600 hope you find one with no adm. but I would not hold my breath. I paid the price so I could get exactly what I wanted!

You can likely expect a continuation of the gradual price decent from this point on. Interested buyers who are aware of the ongoing production will be less likely to consider the absurd pricing that some retailers continue to offer.

i still see some crazy dealers asking 5 to 10 extra for the car. who is going to pay that. they will be holding on to those for a while.

Im looking at the 08s + 09s GT500s. May wait for a good used one next year. Depends on the cost. They are going down in price.

ive pretty much decided to buy used as well...low mileage vert near 30K and i will buy...not looking for new...just way too much cash and with the look of things it appears depriciation on these vehicles is strating to occur..more they build the cheaper they get and thts a good thing for us guys who waited

ive pretty much decided to buy used as well...low mileage vert near 30K and i will buy...not looking for new...just way too much cash and with the look of things it appears depriciation on these vehicles is strating to occur..more they build the cheaper they get and thts a good thing for us guys who waited

That seem like a very logical idea. They are dropping real fast. A very nice used one should go about that price.

CaptDave

All indications are the 07 and 08 will hold value. My 99 dropped like a rock, paid 29.5 for the 03 10th Anniversary Edition in Aug of 03 (rebates etc.) and sold it for 24 this past Feb. Now it was clean as a wistle and in perfect running order and had been well maintained. It'll be several years or much abuse to the car before it hits the 30s IMHO.

ok ask you self while your waiting what is a used BIG MAC worth???

i kinda like to get the most use outa something i buy

I put my order in when the build sheets came out. Now I'm just waiting for the price sheets to come out so we can get it done. I'm going with the full stripe delete option, otherwise I'd go used and save the $$.

89 Saleen 215

I dont mind buying used. We do more used than new, but Im always scared to buy a used Muscle Car. Most folks beat the crap out of them if they dont plan on keeping them for every. Not always, we have traded some really nice used mustangs that I wouldnt be afraid to own.

Just my thoughts

michael morris

I think high 30's within a year. Most owners of these cars hold them to a higher regaurd. The key is to get low mileage. Chances are if they kept the origonal car paperwork you will be ok. I don't mind if its hot-rodded a little as I will be at the track with it.

Roger

thats what i think. if the owner saved the paperwork he cared about the car. no paperwork, just a rich kid.

• 3 weeks later...
I feel like a complete idiot. I just turned down a msrp deal just to wait for a 2009. We have alot of remodeling going on in our house right now and thought by this summer we could order a vert. I told my wife that it will be more $$ and she said OK. So I paitienly wait to see what the news is on 2009s.

I think you will do better by waiting. You will get a 2009 at a good price. Or a 2008 at a great price by then.

CaptDave

I think MSRP is going to be the line drawn in the sand by dealers.. If they can't sell it for msrp they can find another dealer that will buy it from them or make a deal to unload some unpopular stock units for a Gt500.... I would not get your hopes up for any big deals on the Gt500. This is Fords new sales tatic, low volume to create demand thus, less rebates and less sale incentives . But you guys can wait it out and see.. I will be enjoying my car this summer.I work for a Ford dealer and had to find my own at 1k Over msrp and I'm happy. All the dealers around me are still 2k-5k over if they have any left..

I'm far from an expert but I agree. Anyone who really wants one and passes up a MSRP deal stands a good chance of regretting it later.

That's why I picked up an '08 this weekend at msrp. Not sure what '09 holds but I don't think I'll regret puuling the trigger early.

Archived