TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Title Information

ccahill

I stopped by my dealer yesterday and completed all of the paperwork for my GT500 that should be arriving today or tomorrow. I noticed that nowhere on any paper did it refer to "Shelby" or even "GT500". From everything that I read (and signed) yesterday I am getting a 2007 Mustang GT Coupe. My Vin is correct with the T88 and the dealer finance guy said that they are all titleled as a Mustang GT. Is my guy on crack or is this correct?

I stopped by my dealer yesterday and completed all of the paperwork for my GT500 that should be arriving today or tomorrow. I noticed that nowhere on any paper did it refer to "Shelby" or even "GT500". From everything that I read (and signed) yesterday I am getting a 2007 Mustang GT Coupe. My Vin is correct with the T88 and the dealer finance guy said that they are all titleled as a Mustang GT. Is my guy on crack or is this correct?

In most states, Texas I know as I live here and have worked this issue, allow the title and registration paperwork to be filled in with the model information to read anything that will fit in the form. I would suggest you ask your dealer to override his automated paperwork software and enter GT500 as the model rather than MustangGT.

In other states, there may be a specific list of models available and MustangGT may be the closest match.

My 98 was officially listed as a Cobra on the title.

In most states, Texas I know as I live here and have worked this issue, allow the title and registration paperwork to be filled in with the model information to read anything that will fit in the form. I would suggest you ask your dealer to override his automated paperwork software and enter GT500 as the model rather than MustangGT.

In other states, there may be a specific list of models available and MustangGT may be the closest match.

My 98 was officially listed as a Cobra on the title.

I talked to the GM yesterday and expressed my concerns about a possible mistake on the paperwork. He then brought out the title which read "Shelby" and "GT500". Apparently on the loan and related dealer generated paperwork (including the Odometer statement) it will read Mustang GT Coupe but the title will be correct. They cannot override Mustng GT Coupe within the system, but as long as the title is correct that is all that matters to me.

Thanks,

Chris

I hope to have my car today WooHoo :happy feet:

I talked to the GM yesterday and expressed my concerns about a possible mistake on the paperwork. He then brought out the title which read "Shelby" and "GT500". Apparently on the loan and related dealer generated paperwork (including the Odometer statement) it will read Mustang GT Coupe but the title will be correct. They cannot override Mustng GT Coupe within the system, but as long as the title is correct that is all that matters to me.

Thanks,

Chris

I hope to have my car today WooHoo :happy feet:

Anyone who tells you there is not SHELBY on title is full of crap. This attachment is what comes from Ford ask your dealer for a copy to put in file

Anyone who tells you there is not SHELBY on title is full of crap. This attachment is what comes from Ford ask your dealer for a copy to put in file

That is exactly what I was shown yesterday. I was freaking out before they produced that document but I am good now.

Thanks for the info!

Chris

That is exactly what I was shown yesterday. I was freaking out before they produced that document but I am good now.

Thanks for the info!

Chris

Update...I spoke with my dealer today and they found a way to over ride the system and enter Shelby GT500 on all of the paperwork. I guess it pays to be persistent or a "stalker" as my wife says.

Archived