TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Braided rear brake line

Anyone replace the factory rear brake line with braided stainless? If so do you have the brand and part number?

Hi Roger,

I bought the Steeda product. I have not installed them yet given my car is sitting in Las Vegas waiting on the EPA. The other kit that rpretzel (love his avitar) posted is very slick as well. When I bought mine I could not find any kits that fit the SGT other than the Steeda. Jim

Here ya go:

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=GDRL...amp;model=GT500

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks

Page

Hey Page, I thought you might post-one-up in this thread.

I can vouch for the Goodridge SS lines, great product and the fact that they are coated really adds to the durability; their brackets are perfect match-ups to the OEM brackets. And lastly, they are the lines that were included with my AP Racing big brake set-up, that should tell you something if APR uses them in their brake kits.

One other tip, upgrade the brake fluid like svtbird (see link above) and I did, that makes a big difference as well.

Good luck with it,

WP

Hey WP :)

Soooo - have ya let those AP Racing Brakes work a little yet? I am dyin to hear your thoughts :)

Page

Next weekend is Thunderhill!!!!!!!!!! I'll really know how they are after that, on the street it's tough to judge.

I have this one road I race around on here in the back hills of the East Bay and I've taken it out there a few times since the install and they have worked great. I'm really impressed with the let-off, I sometimes like to tap-and-turn going into tight, consecutive turns and with the AP's you can give it just a little tap and it sets and settles the car to enter the turn but with a little tap it doesn't take a lot out of your momentum and the brakes release so well, it's like it does the job to settle the car but doesn't hold you back. Because I'm still a little shy of the 210 mile break-in period I've only done one ABS assisted stop from about 50 down to 5 and it was like I through a freakin' anchor out the window, WOW...They're that good!!!!

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes at Thunderhill.

Regards,

WP

Hey Page, I thought you might post-one-up in this thread.

I can vouch for the Goodridge SS lines, great product and the fact that they are coated really adds to the durability; their brackets are perfect match-ups to the OEM brackets. And lastly, they are the lines that were included with my AP Racing big brake set-up, that should tell you something if APR uses them in their brake kits.

One other tip, upgrade the brake fluid like svtbird (see link above) and I did, that makes a big difference as well.

Good luck with it,

WP

I bought and installed the Goodridge also, first class and complete...meaning correct brackets, fittings, and angles that fit.

th_DSC02935.jpg

th_DSC02934.jpg

I bought and installed the Goodridge also, first class and complete...meaning correct brackets, fittings, and angles that fit.

th_DSC02935.jpg

th_DSC02934.jpg

I can't help but notice all the zip ties that you guys used I guess to secure the ABS sensor wires to the brake lines....how were they secured to the original lines in the first place? Just curious as I'm not a big fan of zip ties....

Archived