TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black Shelby GT grille

Ok so I really want to do the black grille that they have in the shelby catalog. I know you have to keep that stupid cut up stock GT grille behind it, and it will stand out more with the Black grille on top of it. My question is how is the running horse attached to the stock billet grille. And how will I reattach it to the new one?

Ok so I really want to do the black grille that they have in the shelby catalog. I know you have to keep that stupid cut up stock GT grille behind it, and it will stand out more with the Black grille on top of it. My question is how is the running horse attached to the stock billet grille. And how will I reattach it to the new one?

Actually, and someone can correct me if I am wrong (they usually do), if you buy the new grill you get to finally remove the hacked up grill! The grills SAI is selling, like the 08's, do not require the old grill. The running horse clips on.

To eliminate the old grill behind the SAI installed grill and make it a clean appearance, as on the 08, you would need to order the grill housing and the black grill. The running pony is held on by a metal clip located behind the pony. It should not be an issue. You just use the same parts and reattach.

To eliminate the old grill behind the SAI installed grill and make it a clean appearance, as on the 08, you would need to order the grill housing and the black grill. The running pony is held on by a metal clip located behind the pony. It should not be an issue. You just use the same parts and reattach.

Thanks for the clarification, I thought that was just included now, wacky it's not.

:redcard:

Yep, I have an 08 and did the Shelby grill with fog lights vice that bling billet grill. The best way is like he said with the housing. Remember if you try to install the Shelby grill like mine it will not work on an 08. Mine was custom made at Shelby for my 08 and there are pics in a thread here. The running house comes off but not all that easy and may be a minor touch up area behind it on the black grill after removed.

Archived