TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why Ford can't do what Carroll Shelby can

Guest staff2

Sounds like a winner to me. I wonder how much was actually saved per unit by getting the GT500 down the line as it is? The past SVT's were done on the various lines as well so it can't be that big a deal. After all they sold 125 000+ of those...this is something that Ford will need to address going forward as I am convinced that niche marketing off of core platforms is the way to profitiblity in the future. They can never compete on just volume alone with the asian tigers, it just isn't reality with the UAW/CAW.

Sounds like a winner to me. I wonder how much was actually saved per unit by getting the GT500 down the line as it is? The past SVT's were done on the various lines as well so it can't be that big a deal. After all they sold 125 000+ of those...this is something that Ford will need to address going forward as I am convinced that niche marketing off of core platforms is the way to profitiblity in the future. They can never compete on just volume alone with the asian tigers, it just isn't reality with the UAW/CAW.

I'm in total agreement, this is the ONLY way Ford can build hi-performance models competitively and with the highest level of quality. Someone needs to be sure Bill Ford and HTT see this article, maybe it will motivate them to action. Niche marketing is not only the wave of the future, it is the here and now. It will create excitement not only for buyers but also for those assembling the cars as well, instill a sense of pride in ownership that is missing from today's sea of cookie cutter cars and trucks

I agree, this should be done. It would stop al the BS, stripe issues and related mass production conflicts. But the problem is management doesn't have the Ball--- to do it. They are already bringing people in to help them with inhouse issues. I feel bad for them actually, all these coleage kids, and very few have passion for their product. To them it is day to day transportaion. I have has a Mustang for as long as I can remember. I have a 66 Shelby 93,95,03 Cobras and I am on the list for a new shelby, However I to am getting the run around. I wonder what Henry Ford would think if he saw what has become of his Company and the need to outsource new ideas.

Archived