TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Had Eibach Camber Bolts Installed & Alignment Today

After seeing Stumps post of mods done at Quantum Performance I decided to spring for the camber bolts and a realignment at my local tire shop. The have a laser alignment machine and I had it aligned with in Ford specs. They gave me a print out of the before and after, which I'll try to attach. The camber was off some but not as much as I thought. Anyway, good peace of mind for me and my tires. Dave

th_ShelbyGTAlignment31908.jpg

After seeing Stumps post of mods done at Quantum Performance I decided to spring for the camber bolts and a realignment at my local tire shop. The have a laser alignment machine and I had it aligned with in Ford specs. They gave me a print out of the before and after, which I'll try to attach. The camber was off some but not as much as I thought. Anyway, good peace of mind for me and my tires. Dave

LOL Once I got the magnifying glass out, it appears it was pretty close. Did you notice any handling difference? Were you tires wearing evenly? What I find really strange is some cars are really close to the Ford specs< while others are way off. I guess at the price of tires and how long they typically last, which isn't very long, I guess piece of mind has it's price.

Will the 1st year warranty cover alignment problems?

What did something like that cost if you do not mind?

The camber bolts were $33 dollars from Auto Parts warehouse, but I've seen them a little cheaper on e-bay, the install and laser alignment were another $89.00...so $122 total. As Roger said much cheaper than a new set of tires.

Sorry if the attachment was hard to read, if you click on the sheet itself from my post it opens up in a larger format. I tried to get mine covered by warranty through my dealer but Ford Racing nor SAI would cover it. I was glad my settings were close, but now I know. I think the car handles a little better but Iowa roads are still pot hole filled so I didn't get on it too hard.

Dave

One thing you might want to consider is that the strut mount on the GTs including the Shelby GT has shown a tendency to fail over time and introduce a clunk. There are several caster camber plate replacement strut mounts coming on the market. They will be more expensive than the camber bolts but will allow a wider adjustment camber zone and also allow caster. If you plan on tracking your car, this might be the cheapest solution in the long run.

The dealer should do this under warranty. Mine was done two weeks ago at a dealership (not the one where I bought it) under warranty. Although not out of spec by much it still drives better. Luckily no tire wear... Unless you want to spend the money check with the dealership first.

The dealer should do this under warranty. Mine was done two weeks ago at a dealership (not the one where I bought it) under warranty. Although not out of spec by much it still drives better. Luckily no tire wear... Unless you want to spend the money check with the dealership first.

Yep, that's what I did and like I said before both FR and SAI said no when called by the dealer. Basically mine was too close to factory specs and the way the car was lowered that we should expect that it was set up with more negative camber. Covered or not I'm glad I made the change.

Archived