TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Keeping it STOCK

sudden

I did not necessarily keep mine stock.. I "personalized" it to make it mine..

*I changed the orange turn signals.. got smoked ones on eBay for $30, plus it's a one-hour job swapping them back.

*Added the billet antenna- come on.. the stock one is a joke! Plus, it's an easy swap.

*Lower billet grill- They should have come with one from the factory.

*Window tint- Ok, not so easy to remove, especially from the rear window. But, it reduces fading inside and completes the look of the black car. (the blacker our cars, the faster they go, right?... tinting windows on the white ones must give them 5 HP, huh?)...

*changed the factory radio.. this was more for user-friendliness.. It will take about a day to change back to stock..

I think you really have to think about your definition of "stock".. I like to think of it more as personalizing my car. Horsepower mods on the other hand.. those I think twice about...

Actually, thinking about this further - one thing that attracted me to the Shelby GT is that it is a Mustang GT which already has all the mods I would have done, probably more in fact. Plus, I have the added bonus of owning a Shelby! I rarely find the time or money to do mods, so I'm way ahead this way!

Ilmor - Your posts always make me laugh. Life in general for you is very simple, I knida like that attitude!

Keep it simple is a good moto-

Ilmor - Your posts always make me laugh. Life in general for you is very simple, I knida like that attitude!

Keep it simple is a good moto-

:hysterical: Well, you certainly could not know enough about my life to make such a statement, since you don't even know me. I do, however, think practically in some ways (I hope).

getting rubber floor mats. going to put shelby mats in safe keeping.

:worm:

I bought WeatherTech mats for this reason; actually, my wife got them for me for Christmas. I don't really consider that a "mod" personally, just protection.

I bought WeatherTech mats for this reason; actually, my wife got them for me for Christmas. I don't really consider that a "mod" personally, just protection.

Ilmor, personally I think you're slipping down a slippery slope, first black wheels, then floor mats. Next thing you know, you'll have blower on the car. Your explanation will be protection because they guy down the street has a Camaro and the guy across the street has a Challenger :hysterical:

Actually, thinking about this further - one thing that attracted me to the Shelby GT is that it is a Mustang GT which already has all the mods I would have done, probably more in fact. Plus, I have the added bonus of owning a Shelby! I rarely find the time or money to do mods, so I'm way ahead this way!

I agree as it would probably cost more to do a CS8 upgrade when you include the cost for painting and installing all the new parts. A good deal all in all.

Ilmor, personally I think you're slipping down a slippery slope, first black wheels, then floor mats. Next thing you know, you'll have blower on the car. Your explanation will be protection because they guy down the street has a Camaro and the guy across the street has a Challenger :hysterical:

Oh my gosh, you could be right...one thing I forgot about is that I did install the GT500 rear mud guards when I first got the car...then I got the winter black bullits...then the floor mats....ARRRGGHH!!!!

Mine is bone stock. However at only 319 horsepower it is pretty weak and slow so I will be adding a SC. There is a new Hyundai family sedan coming out with 365 HP that I believe will smoke the Shelby. Can't allow that to happen. I have a mint 2000 Mustang GT in storage and I want to sell it and use the money for the SC. My wife doesn't want me to sell the GT though. :slapfight:

Oh my gosh, you could be right...one thing I forgot about is that I did install the GT500 rear mud guards when I first got the car...then I got the winter black bullits...then the floor mats....ARRRGGHH!!!!

Yea! Stock my arse ilmor.............

I knew you were a modder all along........................

:dance:

Mine is bone stock. However at only 319 horsepower it is pretty weak and slow so I will be adding a SC. There is a new Hyundai family sedan coming out with 365 HP that I believe will smoke the Shelby. Can't allow that to happen. I have a mint 2000 Mustang GT in storage and I want to sell it and use the money for the SC. My wife doesn't want me to sell the GT though. :slapfight:

Don't worry - that won't happen w/ the Hyundai - it will be too heavy and probably lower torque, and anyway, if it did start to outrun you it would blow up.

Ohhhh

there is the beginnings of an itch in the back of my mind

I'm thinkin of conracting Joe Hecks about the Ford Racing Part M-2006-FR2A 05-07 MUSTANG GT DRAG AT

hmmmm

maybe this summer sometime....I dunno.......

:headscratch:

Archived