TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500's coming soon

captdave

I said hold out for the 2009 GT500's. The ADM's have dropped from $20k + to now MSRP to $3k. The prices are only going down. The 2007/8 GT500's have never gone up in price. I thought it only makes sence to wait for the 2009. When the 2009's hit the showroom floor any unsold 2008 will only be a leftover. Do you think anyone is going to pay ADM's for a 2008 leftover?

Don't listen to me. Please pay high ADM's for a 2008 GT500. After all the car salesman are people too. So what it you could have used the ADM money to buy a Sony KDL-52XBR4. Who needs a Sony LCD TV anyway. Better to give the money to the dealers. You will feel better about yourself (people from CA will understand what i'm saying).

To sum it up. Get a 2008 GT500 with a high ADM. Don't wait for a 2009. The car dealer needs the money more than you. Thanks for your help.

CaptDave

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said hold out for the 2009 GT500's. The ADM's have dropped from $20k + to now MSRP to $3k. The prices are only going down. The 2007/8 GT500's have never gone up in price. I thought it only makes sence to wait for the 2009. When the 2009's hit the showroom floor any unsold 2008 will only be a leftover. Do you think anyone is going to pay ADM's for a 2008 leftover?

Don't listen to me. Please pay high ADM's for a 2008 GT500. After all the car salesman are people too. So what it you could have used the ADM money to buy a Sony KDL-52XBR4. Who needs a Sony LCD TV anyway. Better to give the money to the dealers. You will feel better about yourself (people from CA will understand what i'm saying).

To sum it up. Get a 2008 GT500 with a high ADM. Don't wait for a 2009. The car dealer needs the money more than you. Thanks for your help.

CaptDave

Let us know when you get your "SUPER DEAL" and it better be under msrp...... :talkhand:

CaptDave

Uh, CaptDave...up here in NH I ordered my GT500 in Feb 2007. It wasn't delivered until Feb 2008. How was I to know at the time there would even be a 2009 GT500? And no way could one avoid some sort of ADM back in Feb 2007. There are still ADMs up here in New England. May I suggest focusing on a different topic and letting individuals decide what is best for their pocket books. Just a friendly suggestion mind you.

Uh, CaptDave...up here in NH I ordered my GT500 in Feb 2007. It wasn't delivered until Feb 2008. How was I to know at the time there would even be a 2009 GT500? And no way could one avoid some sort of ADM back in Feb 2007. There are still ADMs up here in New England. May I suggest focusing on a different topic and letting individuals decide what is best for their pocket books. Just a friendly suggestion mind you.

If some people (10,000+) paid extra high ADM's that's their business. I didn't have that kind of money to spend at that time just to make the dealers happy. I sat it out watching prices. So what is the problem with someone telling people where the deals are and when they're getting taken. A new guy comes and asked is $7k ADM ok? What do you think the dealers are going to say? I'm not making any money from TS or any GT500 sales. I'm just trying to get fellow members the best price. What is wrong with that? And if you paid $20k ADM's and the value of your car is dropping, how is this the problem of the new buyer?

CaptDave

If some people (10,000+) paid extra high ADM's that's their business. I didn't have that kind of money to spend at that time just to make the dealers happy. I sat it out watching prices. So what is the problem with someone telling people where the deals are and when they're getting taken. A new guy comes and asked is $7k ADM ok? What do you think the dealers are going to say? I'm not making any money from TS or any GT500 sales. I'm just trying to get fellow members the best price. What is wrong with that? And if you paid $20k ADM's and the value of your car is dropping, how is this the problem of the new buyer?

CaptDave

Dave,

Listen bud. I have no problem with you, I just don't care for the sarcastic approach that you take. That's just me and my opinion.

How many ADM threads do we need ?

Why start a new one ? (you have a few)

What's the point ?

Why not just tag onto your old one ?

I guess I just don't understand your goal.

Are you angry because I paid ADM ?

Are you angry because of a home situation and need to vent here ?

We have a venting thread! :hysterical:

Dave,

Listen bud. I have no problem with you, I just don't care for the sarcastic approach that you take. That's just me and my opinion.

How many ADM threads do we need ?

Wy start a new one ?

What's the point ?

Why not just tag onto your old one ?

I guess I just don't understand your goal.

Are you angry because I paid ADM ?

Are you angry because of a home situation and need to vent here ?

We have a venting thread! :hysterical:

You are not the only one who is tired of this negative crap. :slapfight:

Maybe he is jealous because we are enjoying our cars. :happy feet:

You are not the only one who is tired of this negative crap. :slapfight:

Maybe he is jealous because we are enjoying our cars. :happy feet:

jealous?..i doubt it....we all knew 09 was coming...why let dealers rip us off by charging adm's?...2009 should end this practice for good...

My car wasn't available in 07, and wont be available in 09....I paid what I paid and I am happy with it...

Its not that we dont share your enthusiasm for the ADM dropping...we do, but when WE bought our cars, we had no guarantees or even any real mention of an 09. I figured out my price per HP, and it was still a great deal...you get a better one, awesome...but Im not sure rubbing ADMs in the faces of some here who bought early is going to make alot of friends, but it really doesnt bother me, just a little advise. I tried to stay out of the "sore" subjects until I had spent enough time to build relationships first before pissing people off...

I just bought a brand new boat for 60% MSRP...but I wouldn't(edited) throw it in the face of someone who paid more.

We like our cars...one day, you might actually get one and enjoy yours...good luck on your quest, Im gonna go outside and do donuts....c ya!

CaptDave

My impression of "Capt Dave"

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Good Lord Dude.....GIVE UP! OK OK.........you are the MSRP no ADM Suth-sayer~

Some Admin PLEASE give a "title" already so he will STFU! :chairshot:

Jesus, I would swear he was a Chevy Salesman, looking to dupe us into buying new Camaro's!.....END THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

PLEASE, for God's sake, let us spend our $$$ how we see fit... :spend: You are NOT my Momma! :club:

My impression of "Capt Dave"

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Good Lord Dude.....GIVE UP! OK OK.........you are the MSRP no ADM Suth-sayer~

Some Admin PLEASE give a "title" already so he will STFU! :chairshot:

Jesus, I would swear he was a Chevy Salesman, looking to dupe us into buying new Camaro's!.....END THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

PLEASE, for God's sake, let us spend our $$$ how we see fit... :spend: You are NOT my Momma! :club:

maybee he is only a 3rd mate and is dreaming of being a CAPT :slapfight:

jealous?..i doubt it....we all knew 09 was coming...why let dealers rip us off by charging adm's?...2009 should end this practice for good...

If your looking for a new GT500 and like paying ADM's, just go and do it. No one is stopping you. But if your looking for the best price for a great car then just let us be. If you already have a GT500 why are you even reading about this? Go read about the best kind of oil to use or some other thing like that. If in my travels I find a great deal I will post it. What's wrong with that? I'm not a car dealer trying to keep the ADM's up. I'm not making money from anyone on this site. Can some of you say the same? If you're not looking to buy a GT500 please don't read anything I post. It's that simple. I am not kidding about this. I'm only trying to do some good for fellow TS members by getting them a GT500 at a great price. You will have to tell me what's wrong with that?

CaptDave

If your looking for a new GT500 and like paying ADM's, just go and do it. No one is stopping you. But if your looking for the best price for a great car then just let us be. If you already have a GT500 why are you even reading about this? Go read about the best kind of oil to use or some other thing like that. If in my travels I find a great deal I will post it. What's wrong with that? I'm not a car dealer trying to keep the ADM's up. I'm not making money from anyone on this site. Can some of you say the same? If you're not looking to buy a GT500 please don't read anything I post. It's that simple. I am not kidding about this. I'm only trying to do some good for fellow TS members by getting them a GT500 at a great price. You will have to tell me what's wrong with that?

CaptDave

Hey Cap

It just feels like your adding salt in our wounds, ofcourse we all want a great deal, I shoped for 4 week final got one 1K over MSRP.

however it was the car I like and I wanted it and I,m a big boy if I wanted that badly I felt I could afford the ADM, my sugestion if you want something and have the will and the finances to offord it go do it, God know we need some free spending to get this economy back on tract.

it is the same argument why you pay $25 for a steak at a major restaurant and that same steak $12 at anywhere else.

it is the same reaseon that your flying customers pay to get from point A to Point B at 10 times the commercial airline rates, (They wanted to get where they were going right away and did not want to wait :superhero: )

Good luck in finding your perfect car; I for one hope you get it below MSRP.

Dave,

What is the point of this continued ranting ?

Get over it already :finger:

Capt. Dave still does not have his car but likes patting himself on the Back for "BEING RITE"???? :hysterical:

Hey Cap

It just feels like your adding salt in our wounds, ofcourse we all want a great deal, I shoped for 4 week final got one 1K over MSRP.

however it was the car I like and I wanted it and I,m a big boy if I wanted that badly I felt I could afford the ADM, my sugestion if you want something and have the will and the finances to offord it go do it, God know we need some free spending to get this economy back on tract.

it is the same argument why you pay $25 for a steak at a major restaurant and that same steak $12 at anywhere else.

it is the same reaseon that your flying customers pay to get from point A to Point B at 10 times the commercial airline rates, (They wanted to get where they were going right away and did not want to wait :superhero: )

Good luck in finding your perfect car; I for one hope you get it below MSRP.

You paid $1k over. How is what I say rubbing salt? When was the last time you made a major purchase and said "Please charge me more"? Do you think Ford pays their venders extra because they like them? No, Ford fights them for every penny. That's how it's done.

$1k over at this time for the car you want is not a bad price. I just feel dealers still asking $10k-$15k over are really trying to rip off their customers. I just wished Ford sold them all at MSRP to the first group of people that came up with cash. It would have made people feel a lot better about Ford. And only sold it for 2007. Then it would have been something very special. I think everyone would have loved Ford for that. Too bad they didn't do it.

CaptDave

CaptDave

So WHY haven't you bought one yet???? If you are finding these great prices, posting them here so others can get it, WHY haven't YOU jumped on one yet???

You say you have been holding out for a great deal. Yet you post about some great deals you claim you found, but YOU still haven't taken advantage of one.

:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

No rush, things are only getting better. Why hurry? The 2009's are coming out. I bet they are the best of the bunch. I love to shop for the perfect thing I buy. LCD TV's, Digital Camera's and GT500's. Is there a problem with people who do that?

CaptDave

No rush, things are only getting better. Why hurry? The 2009's are coming out. I bet they are the best of the bunch. I love to shop for the perfect thing I buy. LCD TV's, Digital Camera's and GT500's. Is there a problem with people who do that?

CaptDave

The 2009 will be exactly the same as the 2008. The only exception being Sat Radio will be standard on the 2009. The MSRP will be higher, and you seem more hung up on price than anything, so that makes the 2008 the best buy for the money!

The 2009 will be exactly the same as the 2008. The only exception being Sat Radio will be standard on the 2009. The MSRP will be higher, and you seem more hung up on price than anything, so that makes the 2008 the best buy for the money!

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you saying the 2009's are not going to be the best? Ford had 2 years to make it better.

CaptDave

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you saying the 2009's are not going to be the best? Ford had 2 years to make it better.

CaptDave

Hope they dont start "CUTTING CORNERS" at the Factory on the 09s or

the 07-08 cars will definately be better???????????????????????????????????? :hysterical:

CaptDave

What I'm telling you is the 09 is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE 2008! They made NO changes, no new options, no new colors, no new nothing other than a price increase!

What is left to make it better anyway??? They had some issues on the 07 that they took care of on the 2008. So what is left? What about NO CHANGES don't you understand?

Oh wait, there will be a change. The 10th digit in all the vins will have a 9 instead of a 8. If that makes it better, then pay the price increase to have a 9 instead of a 8 in your vin number! :hysterical:

What I'm telling you is the 09 is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE 2008! They made NO changes, no new options, no new colors, no new nothing other than a price increase!

What is left to make it better anyway??? They had some issues on the 07 that they took care of on the 2008. So what is left? What about NO CHANGES don't you understand?

Oh wait, there will be a change. The 10th digit in all the vins will have a 9 instead of a 8. If that makes it better, then pay the price increase to have a 9 instead of a 8 in your vin number! :hysterical:

Did you ever work on cars for a living? I was an Auto Mechanic for 11 years. You get to learn a little about cars. Even if the cars looks the same the car company is always making small improvements. Ford has probably fixed many small problems with the car. I bet if you call Ford even they will tell you this is the best year of the three. As I said before, 11 years of working on cars teaches you something. Ask anyone here who does that for a living.

CaptDave

Did you ever work on cars for a living? I was an Auto Mechanic for 11 years. You get to learn a little about cars. Even if the cars looks the same the car company is always making small improvements. Ford has probably fixed many small problems with the car. I bet if you call Ford even they will tell you this is the best year of the three. As I said before, 11 years of working on cars teaches you something. Ask anyone here who does that for a living.

CaptDave

Well if you work on cars for 11 years you should know that lots of parts of Mustangs are on other cars. I own an 08 great deal since 06 waited the game and it is awesome machine!! I cannot see any other problems I drove my hard for 1959 miles and remember it is SVT also!! I drove this car up to speed limiter @ 160 @ 5200 rpm soild car smooth ride.I don't see how they can do any diffrent on 09 but PRICE increase sorry dude.

CaptDave

You know Dave's probably right the cars will be a little better in 2009. The clutch issues should be gone and maybe a few other things. If you get the deal you want though just go ahead an buy the car. You know none of us are getting any younger.

You know Dave's probably right the cars will be a little better in 2009. The clutch issues should be gone and maybe a few other things. If you get the deal you want though just go ahead an buy the car. You know none of us are getting any younger.

I know I'm not getting any younger. I worked on cars for a long time. The new ones are just a little better, even if it looks the same. And the price is going down. Gas prices going up. Everything spells sit it out for just a little bit longer.

CaptDave

I know I'm not getting any younger. I worked on cars for a long time. The new ones are just a little better, even if it looks the same. And the price is going down. Gas prices going up. Everything spells sit it out for just a little bit longer.

CaptDave

Dave, you're blowing smoke.

MSRP prices will only go up! Ford is not going to lower them because of gas prices. In fact, they just RAISED the D&D charge because of higher gas price, hence higher cost to transport!

The clutch issue was on 07 and has been fixed on the 08 along with the trans.

The 09 is the last year for this body style and will be a short model year. Ford is not going to waste any time changing anything at this late in the game. They are going to focus everything on the new 2010 to get that launched ASAP!

The mere fact they are not even changing any color or stripe colors on 09 is proof of that!

I work around them all day and see what comes in the service department everyday. There is about 10 GT500's in my town that I know about and not ONE has been in for any service yet with any issues.

Gas prices are at all time highs and talk about hitting over $4 per gallon, yet Ford just RAISED MSRP pricing on most vehicles!

Here are current prices on the 08 just posted 3/17/08

GT500 Coupe $42,330 + $795 D&D + $1,300 GGT = $44,425 BASE MSRP with NO options.

GT500 Vert $47,155 + $795 D&D + $1,300 GGT = $49,250 BASE MSRP with NO options.

Available Options:

Ambeit Lighting $295

HID Headlamps $525

GT500 Prem. Int. Trim Pkg. $595

Shelby Car Cover $375

Sat. Radio $195

Shaker 1000 $1,295

DVD Navigation $1,995

====================================

Fully Loaded Coupe with Shaker 1000 = $47,705 MSRP

Fully Loaded Coupe with Navigation = $48,405 MSRP

=====================================

Fully Loaded Vert with Shaker 1000 = $52,530

Fully Loaded Vert with Navigation = $53,230

=====================================

The 09 will likely see a price increase over these prices!

The 2008 and 2009 order guides are both posted here on this site.

Have at it and see what difference there is between the two years!

Then come back and tell exactly what you "think" would be any better on the 09 to justify paying the extra price increase over the 08????

That's a lot of typing, thanks. You forgot to take into account the value loss of a one year older car. If you wreck your new car the insurance company pays more for a newer car. And if you go to sell it for some reason the newer car holds a bit more value. If an 08 and 09 are on the dealers lot for sale, sometimes the newer car at a bit more money is the better buy.

CaptDave

I Think all of this debating over what is a "good deal" and what isn't really misses the point of these automobiles. I was one of the fortunate ones who paid under MSRP for my 08. (1926 under to be exact). I accomplished this by doing my homework, studying how these cars were selling, and taking the opportunity when I thought the time was right, All of which was done prior to me being aware of this site. With the afore-mentioned out of the way however, I must confess, I tried to get an 07 with no success, but I would have paid a small adm to enjoy the car an extra year in advance. I now have my 08 and I am enjoying the car very much. and although Ford may continue to "refine" these automobiles and improve any glitches, I am certain that I will have no regrets this summer on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning while driving....thinking....hmmm maybe the doors will close better on an 09....or maybe the stitching will be better in the leather.....or....etc. The point is that these cars are meant to be enjoyed..and what you pay is relative to what you are willing to pay for that enjoyment. If you want to wait for a better price, go for it!...as for me, I will out driving...because I am done shopping. As for anyone who paid an adm..I am sure that you are enjoying your car just as much with no regrets.

I Think all of this debating over what is a "good deal" and what isn't really misses the point of these automobiles. I was one of the fortunate ones who paid under MSRP for my 08. (1926 under to be exact). I accomplished this by doing my homework, studying how these cars were selling, and taking the opportunity when I thought the time was right, All of which was done prior to me being aware of this site. With the afore-mentioned out of the way however, I must confess, I tried to get an 07 with no success, but I would have paid a small adm to enjoy the car an extra year in advance. I now have my 08 and I am enjoying the car very much. and although Ford may continue to "refine" these automobiles and improve any glitches, I am certain that I will have no regrets this summer on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning while driving....thinking....hmmm maybe the doors will close better on an 09....or maybe the stitching will be better in the leather.....or....etc. The point is that these cars are meant to be enjoyed..and what you pay is relative to what you are willing to pay for that enjoyment. If you want to wait for a better price, go for it!...as for me, I will out driving...because I am done shopping. As for anyone who paid an adm..I am sure that you are enjoying your car just as much with no regrets.

Ok, you got me. How did you get the deal of the century in New Jersey? Most NJ dealers are still sitting on $10k-$15K over.

CaptDave

Archived