TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood and stripes?

old guy

I spoke with my SVT guy at the local dealership yesterday. He told me that they have decided to go with the original hood as seen at the New York auto show. He also said that the stripes would be offered on the convertible and they are still talking about a "light bar" (aka roll bar) to emulate the 68's. This is a fairly active SVT dealership and I believe a number of the ford guys there are heading out to Barrett-Jackson. Anyone heard anything to verify??

Old Guy

I spoke with my SVT guy at the local dealership yesterday. He told me that they have decided to go with the original hood as seen at the New York auto show. He also said that the stripes would be offered on the convertible and they are still talking about a "light bar" (aka roll bar) to emulate the 68's. This is a fairly active SVT dealership and I believe a number of the ford guys there are heading out to Barrett-Jackson. Anyone heard anything to verify??

Old Guy

Santa did get my letter!

It sure would be nice to get the prototype hood back and a light bar on the vert. I guess we'll know for sure in 12 days.

Last I heard they were tossing around a couple of hoods. It was really looking like the hood no one likes would make production, and the show hood would not, for the following reasons:

1) The newer hood had great airflow ("all the right spots") & dissipated heat well. Form Following function.

2) the Show-car hood had none of these characteristics. Form following form, without function.

Now, I don't know if these were solved in the show hood (maybe as a surprise?). Maybe the pressure of the fans, combined with the pressure from other mfr's (Challenger, Camaro) forced Ford to "deal with it" and bring back the original hood, or if there was intentional disinformation (nice show surprise!), or if things are as they seem, which is: the newer, less popular hood stays. That's about all I know (ohh, yeah, I know I'm rambling)....

As far as the light bar, I have not heard ANYTHING, not one thing. I LOVE that idea. I know that I heard that the 'Vert at the show is an "early production piece", so I guess they could slap one on. Less than 2 weeks to find out for sure!!!

Everyone that has seen the January edition of Road and Track should keep in mind that even though it is issued the same month as the Detroit Auto Show that there is probably about a three month lead on the article, meaning that the information and the pictures were probably done in September. A lot has probably changed??? since then.

KingCobra.

Last I heard they were tossing around a couple of hoods. It was really looking like the hood no one likes would make production, and the show hood would not, for the following reasons:

1) The newer hood had great airflow ("all the right spots") & dissipated heat well. Form Following function.

2) the Show-car hood had none of these characteristics. Form following form, without function.

Now, I don't know if these were solved in the show hood (maybe as a surprise?). Maybe the pressure of the fans, combined with the pressure from other mfr's (Challenger, Camaro) forced Ford to "deal with it" and bring back the original hood, or if there was intentional disinformation (nice show surprise!), or if things are as they seem, which is: the newer, less popular hood stays. That's about all I know (ohh, yeah, I know I'm rambling)....

As far as the light bar, I have not heard ANYTHING, not one thing. I LOVE that idea. I know that I heard that the 'Vert at the show is an "early production piece", so I guess they could slap one on. Less than 2 weeks to find out for sure!!!

Hey Crispy, I know this is off the topic here but get into the forum Robert put in place to ask Carroll a question. You can only ask one which sux but I didn't see you in there.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...p?showtopic=253

Archived