TEAM SHELBY FORUM

good hoodscoops

I have had my sgt/sc for 9 months. I am completely satisfied with the fit and finish of my hoodscoop. I live in montana and it gets very hot and cold up here. The car sits in the garage all winter but its not heated. The scoop and hood show no signs of lift or wrinkles. I am completely happy with my hood and scoop and I was wondering how many others are happy with there hoods. :dogwalk:

t

I have had my sgt/sc for 9 months. I am completely satisfied with the fit and finish of my hoodscoop. I live in montana and it gets very hot and cold up here. The car sits in the garage all winter but its not heated. The scoop and hood show no signs of lift or wrinkles. I am completely happy with my hood and scoop and I was wondering how many others are happy with there hoods. :dogwalk:

t

:devil2: Good for you. Seriously, I am happy that you scoop is in good condition. Many of us on this board aren't as fortunate.

So, is there anyone else on this board with a good hood scoop? Anyone...anyone, Bueller...

:devil2: Good for you. Seriously, I am happy that you scoop is in good condition. Many of us on this board aren't as fortunate.

So, is there anyone else on this board with a good hood scoop? Anyone...anyone, Bueller...

<<crickets>>

Ok, seriously, I am VERY happy with my latest (#3) scoop only I have the dip! :-( I do agree though that while there are no doubt scoops that are fine, there are enough that aren't. While I appreciate the effort to provide a little balance, this is such a delicate topic, it may not solicit the affirmation you might be hoping for.

But hey...we can always use a new scoop thread!

:hysterical2:

t

I am happy with mine. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't call it FLAWLESS, but not nearly as bad as some have described on here. Over all, I am satisfied.

Y'all take care

<<crickets>>

Ok, seriously, I am VERY happy with my latest (#3) scoop only I have the dip! :-( I do agree though that while there are no doubt scoops that are fine, there are enough that aren't. While I appreciate the effort to provide a little balance, this is such a delicate topic, it may not solicit the affirmation you might be hoping for.

But hey...we can always use a new scoop thread!

:hysterical2:

So you have the dip that they say they are going to fix, what about the film buckling under the riveted scoop?

So you have the dip that they say they are going to fix, what about the film buckling under the riveted scoop?

Yes I have the dip. But I have ZERO issues with my stripes. It makes me wonder if the issue isn't the installation and the tightness (not sure if that's the right word) of the rivets? On the other hand should it be so hard with even cars (08's) from SAI having the issue?

All I can speak to is what I have and that is a pretty flawless scoop with a slight dip. My hope is this new scoop doesn't introduce the issues others have pointed to, but AGAIN to be fair, it's not something we should have to worry about.

I'll update all when I get it installed. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I think you made your point....no reason to be annoying... :slapfight:

BTW: wheels look good! VERY nice!

I guess it's easy to annoy others when you are frustrated. This Thursday will mark the first time I've driven my car this month. I only have 1500 miles on the car. I don't want to get into the reason, but let's just say there's no mechanical issues.

I appreciate the compliment Jeff.

t

:finger: I hate him!

Just kidding :hysterical3:

My hood scoop and stripes have issues. My SGT is brand new. We just picked it up 6 Mar. I got back from Iraq on the 12th and my wife had only driven it home from the dealer. The first thing I noticed is that there are some wrinkles on the stripe tape where the scoop meets the hood. Also, when you are driving the car and looking out at the hood, the right side of the scoop shows a gap between the hood and the scoop while the left side is flush. Coincidently the left side has the wrinkles. I am on the fence as to whether i want to just live with it or request that it be fixed. It is hardly noticeable unless you are a detail oriented enthusiast like must of us here are... It was disappointing but I do love this car. I live on the military base and the gate guards told me we have the nicest car on post. I have a few more days before I go back to the desert and will make a decision.

t

Glad, I guess, that you have had your SGT so long and the scoop is fine. You are clearly in the minority.

Also, interesting how some now seem to "accept" the flaws in their scoop. Oh mine is good except for a little dip. Forgive me, but I thought fine meant it didnt have flaws, but thats just me.

I really hope that that doesnt become the prevailing mind set and SAI in turn make a real fix less of a priority,....if that were possible. :jackinbox:

My hood scoop and stripes have issues. My SGT is brand new. We just picked it up 6 Mar. I got back from Iraq on the 12th and my wife had only driven it home from the dealer. The first thing I noticed is that there are some wrinkles on the stripe tape where the scoop meets the hood. Also, when you are driving the car and looking out at the hood, the right side of the scoop shows a gap between the hood and the scoop while the left side is flush. Coincidently the left side has the wrinkles. I am on the fence as to whether i want to just live with it or request that it be fixed. It is hardly noticeable unless you are a detail oriented enthusiast like must of us here are... It was disappointing but I do love this car. I live on the military base and the gate guards told me we have the nicest car on post. I have a few more days before I go back to the desert and will make a decision.

what do y'all think - live with it or fix it?

post-19063-1205933839_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933848_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933858_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933870_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933879_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933887_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933839_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933848_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933858_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933870_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933879_thumb.jpg

post-19063-1205933887_thumb.jpg

I have really inspected my scoop and stripes hard and have no issues. I keep watching it to see if the weather or driving it does anything to it. I completely understand everyones frustration and I know Im in the minority, but if mine ever has a problem I will be just as unhappy! I do only have 42 miles on it so far and it sits inside. I do hope to see a fix very soon to make everyone happy and make "the scoop thing" a non issue for years to come.

The very small gap wouldn't bother me, it just adds to the riveted on look. As for the strips, I definitely would get them fixed. Over time they could start peeling.

Wouldn't? Does that mean you don't have the problem but are assuming that if you did have the problem that it wouldn't bother you? heh

Even if you people don't have the problem, you should be worried about it happening in the future. With so many problems (very)early on, I would be worried about mine even IF I didn't have it at this point.

what do y'all think - live with it or fix it?

Think of it this way. You are at a car show with a bunch of other SGT's who ALL have perfect hood scoops thanks to taking them in and getting them fixed. Now there sits your car looking like that. You going to be ok with that? Answer that question and I think you have the answer to your other question.

The very small gap wouldn't bother me, it just adds to the riveted on look. As for the strips, I definitely would get them fixed. Over time they could start peeling.

+1 on both counts. Less worried about the small gap, but the stripes will only get worse.

You do have the nicest car on the base. The car is one of those cars that has universal appeal, old and young like it.

My scoop is the left side (drivers) with the gap. My advice is to let it sort out first prior to doing anything. Your comments are good and accurate. Most enthusiasts notice this type of thing, where as my wife thinks everything is ok. Count to ten before having repairs prior to going back to the sand box. Any fix will probably be better when its sorted out. By the way, thanks for your service. Without you, we wouldnt be able to sit here running our yappers.

+1

t

Where in Montana are you from?

I suppose my response to this thread will jinx me (I am Irish) and my hood scoop will develop the dreaded gap(s) and dip before my very eyes. However, so far the hood scoop and stripes are perfect. That said the car only has 580 miles on it and has been in a heated shop since November. I will be interested to see what warm weather does to the infamous scoop.

Wouldn't? Does that mean you don't have the problem but are assuming that if you did have the problem that it wouldn't bother you? heh

Even if you people don't have the problem, you should be worried about it happening in the future. With so many problems (very)early on, I would be worried about mine even IF I didn't have it at this point.

I am worried, thats kinda why I started this post. I wanted to know how many had non issues so far. I love the way these cars look, but I realize 95% plus will have issues eventually. I hope i don,t but after listening to the group I probably will.

first time you start seeing problems i would start a paper trail,other words take it to the dealer and get it fixed.your car will get old one of these days and these scoops should last a life time looking reasonably well.you are probably younger than most of us who have these cars so you might keep it a long time and you would regret it if it wasn't corrected while under warranty.besides the rivets do look much better than without.p.s. thanks for serving and protecting us.your service doesn't go un-noticed.

Archived