139 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will you buy now?

• I'm still planning on buying a Shelby GT500
    • I'm planning on buying a Shelby GT
    • I have already purchased a Shelby GT500 & nolonger care
    • I nolonger care because ADM's are/will be out of control for both cars
    • None of the Above - I'm a NO VOTE

Guest evilchris

I'm buying a Mustang GT for now since I really need a new car and love Mustangs. When GT500's are at MSRP I will buy one. I buy car's for performance, not for dash plates and emblems.

I figure since I got the GT for X-plan as well as an additional $500 manufacturer rebate I won't lose as bad as some on a 1 year old trade in.

You forgot one option Coldwater, that is waiting to see what happens with the ADM's. I'm kind of torn between the two cars. On one hand I want a GT500 because of the power and performance but on the other I want the Shelby GT because it's lighter than the GT500 and will be backed by Shelby auth performance upgrades. Plus the mods are actually done at Shelby's facility. Right now it's just a wait and see game for me.

Being that the Shelby GT features an authentication plate on the center dashboard, as well as a matching tag underhood & features the CSX number (which is recorded in the Shelby Automobiles registry) and the Shelby GT500 doesn't, which one will you buy now or doesn't it matter?

The GT500 should have come with these items. I will be looking to add these if they are tastefully done, not cheap looking.

JB

You forgot one option Coldwater, that is waiting to see what happens with the ADM's. I'm kind of torn between the two cars. On one hand I want a GT500 because of the power and performance but on the other I want the Shelby GT because it's lighter than the GT500 and will be backed by Shelby auth performance upgrades. Plus the mods are actually done at Shelby's facility. Right now it's just a wait and see game for me.

I agree. The '08 Boss is an option as well.

Coldwater, I seen the white Shelby GT at our local carshow this past weekend. It is a JOKE!

I find it funny how people say "look what Carroll can do in 3 months" but shit he already did it with the Hertz cars FFS!

Now look at what Ford did, GT500... 500HP more unique styling etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....

With the Shelby GT your are paying for the NAME only

The price over a premium GT-Wait this car IS a premium GT :lol:

Would be the big factor here. How much more would one pay for the Ford racing parts they use and put them in themselves on a deluxe GT?

Does the Shelby have headers? Anyone know?

I'm looking forward to taking delivery of my GT500 in the next couple weeks (PSDS is at an all time high). The introduction of the Shelby GT doesn't curb my enthusiasm one bit. I don't fault Ford and Shelby for marketing the new Shelby GT, but as far as I'm concerned, I don't see much in the way of "performance upgrades" on the car. I agree with EC in that performance comes first. The Shelby nameplates and pedigree are definately nice (and I think should be part of the GT500 package), but they simply do not justify the price increase, especially with ridiculous ADMs. Ford and Shelby need to go a good bit beyond the standard Mustang GT drivetrain before the Shelby GT gets my interest (or dollars). Seems to me like a "Shelby GT350", with at least 350 hp, upgraded suspension and brakes and serious weight reduction would have been a no brainer here. Just another case of the bean counters (no offense to accountants) and marketing people at Ford and Shelby compromising the product to get the car to dealerships asap. To summarize, its all marketing hype. Just my .02.

When GT500's are at MSRP I will buy one. I buy car's for performance, not for dash plates and emblems.

Bingo, we have a winner!

Take off all the "bling" (boy I really hate that word, but it fits here) and leave me with a cool, fast reasonably price car. Do that and my local Ford dealer would have his money in 5 seconds.

Waiting, but not because of the Shelby GT.

Want to see what else gets served up while the GT500s prices trend toward MSRP and below. Boss? Mach? Other Shelby variants coming? Before the GT500 hits $500 over invoice there will be several choices to consider, so want to wait and see.

Might even buy a vintage project car and make my own dream (probably not, but... -- dunno.

fyi, I recently asked Shelby Autos what their registry position for the GT500 will be because I see the question coming up more and more. I mentioned that the '68-'69s were made solely by A.O.Smith Corp and they are generally accepted as genuine classic Shelbys. The 'unusual' WCC-Shelby's are in the registry and Shelby Autos never even touched the build of them.

What I suggested to SA management is that all logo'd Shelbys be considered for inclusion in the registry in the spirit of reaching out and embracing all legitimate factions of the marque.

I'll post their response when I hear from them. In the meantime I'll start a separate thread on this -- might be interesting to see what people think.

Personally, it would not affect me buying the GT500 either way, but it seems like a [business] opportunity to embrace a growing community with common interests.

Coldwater, I seen the white Shelby GT at our local carshow this past weekend. It is a JOKE!

I find it funny how people say "look what Carroll can do in 3 months" but shit he already did it with the Hertz cars FFS!

Now look at what Ford did, GT500... 500HP more unique styling etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....

Would be the big factor here. How much more would one pay for the Ford racing parts they use and put them in themselves on a deluxe GT?

The Shelby GT really is not that bad...

1. modified by Shelby's factory (nice!), not since 1967.

2. except for the non racing intent, not too far from a 65 GT350...suspension upgrades and about 30 gross horsepower

3. plus, you get a free back seat too.

4. perhaps, they're saving the supercharger for the "350".

5. I'd probably buy one if the dealer's weren't trying to make up lost truck sales on a couple mustangs (one dealer here in Southern Cal has a GT500 for $35K over sticker...please... :censored:

Yep - the big ones aren't moving around here. My guy offered me $10k off on an Expedition.

...that's 'cause it's not a Shelby Expedition?! :hysterical2:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hey, :idea: that's it! .....

Ford puts S_H_E_L_B_Y on the back of every car, :cheerleader: ...but they all carry ADMs.

The dealers make huge profits :roses: ...but only sell a fraction of the volume.

The customers hate the dealers :finger:

and Ford and the dealers go broke :doh:

because they'll only sell a small percentage of how many they were selling. :fan:

then we'll all buy the leftovers through the bankrupcy court -- labeled as Suzuki Traveller-XLTs and Hundai Speedo-500s -- and we'll all get to :shift: afterall. (I'm planning to corner the market on the relabelling 'take-offs' ;-)

Hmmm :headscratch:

Ford, if you don't like this scenario, fix the evil dealers (the unreasonable-ADMing, lying, misrepresenting, shill brokering, renegging ones) that are sullying your name and subject them to redress under the terms of your franchise agreement. Want a Bold Move? Put up a 800-hotline and take those dealers who are damaging your good name to task. Challenge/sue the ones engaging in illegal/deceptive practices -- make an example of the worst one or two in each region. Counsel the ones damaging you in marginally-actionable ways. And, most importantly, reward the ones who are meeting their obligations, with good customer sat (hopefully measured in some way better than today's absurd method) and are conducting their business ethically under their franchise agreement. That's Bold Moves!

< PS - what are the evil ones gonna do; go to the domestic competition? They're in the same financial shape! And the imports exert mich tighter contractual controls. And who'll touch a dealer with a bad track record anyway? No... just like kids, the bad ones will keep pushing beyond the boundaries unless you 'parent' them. Someone's got to do it and it isn't gonna be them. I know... ain't gonnna happen that way... just some venting and 'entertainment.' >

:)

Waiting, but not because of the Shelby GT.

Want to see what else gets served up while the GT500s prices trend toward MSRP and below. Boss? Mach? Other Shelby variants coming? Before the GT500 hits $500 over invoice there will be several choices to consider, so want to wait and see.

Might even buy a vintage project car and make my own dream (probably not, but... -- dunno.

Yep - I am curious to see what comes out while the Shelbys come down. I have the ultimate backup plan though - I already have a solid 67 fastback to restomod. Maybe I'll wait for a few more people to wreck their GT500s - and get a motor out of one for my 67 :evil:

Jeff

Yep - I am curious to see what comes out while the Shelbys come down. I have the ultimate backup plan though - I already have a solid 67 fastback to restomod. Maybe I'll wait for a few more people to wreck their GT500s - and get a motor out of one for my 67 :evil:

Jeff

Well, you have no emissions to worry about, so you can drop in a small-block FRP stroker :)

Archived