TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question installing Gauge Cluster

The instructions from SAI don't say anything about relieving the pressure in the fuel line before installing the new sensor. What did others do when they installed this?

I got my answer. The pressure will bleed off when the fuel pump is off (power is off). So nothing needs to be done.

I got my answer. The pressure will bleed off when the fuel pump is off (power is off). So nothing needs to be done.

Wrong answer! This may be true if the car sits for a long time. But the Ford Workshop Manual says to remove the fuel pump relay in the fuse box near the passenger's feet, start the engine and run until it stalls, then crank the engine for 5 seconds before removing the fuel pressure sensor.

I recieved my gauge pod from shelby parts yesterday, It really fit well on the dash, thanks for the heads up on the fuel gauge, I can now finally proceed with my s/c installation. Rick

If you don't do the relay procedure, you only spill a little gas when you break the fitting for the pressure sensor. I might not worry about that and just crack the line since I'll be working outside instead of a garage.

I recieved my gauge pod from shelby parts yesterday, It really fit well on the dash, thanks for the heads up on the fuel gauge, I can now finally proceed with my s/c installation. Rick

I would like to install a gauge pod but have never seen one installed. How is the wiring routed to provide a clean appearance w/o drilling through the instrument panel top?

Don

Archived