TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Map light wiring harness diagram

So I got the mirror installed, but the power connection instructions direct you to the fuse block for switched and unswitched power.

I can't help but believe that this power is already present in the map light. In fact, the fuse block has a fuse called "electrochromic mirror", so that power might already be there.

In any case, I've wired all of my radar detectors into the light block at the top, but didn't want to tackle it this time without a wiring diagram. Their "fuse taps" and spade lug thing just doesn't look very reliable. I'd rather just cut and solder/shrink wrap the splice.

Does anyone have the decoder package for that connector? There are two connectors - one in roof and another in the passenger side A-pillar.

Thanks!

So I got the mirror installed, but the power connection instructions direct you to the fuse block for switched and unswitched power.

I can't help but believe that this power is already present in the map light. In fact, the fuse block has a fuse called "electrochromic mirror", so that power might already be there.

In any case, I've wired all of my radar detectors into the light block at the top, but didn't want to tackle it this time without a wiring diagram. Their "fuse taps" and spade lug thing just doesn't look very reliable. I'd rather just cut and solder/shrink wrap the splice.

Does anyone have the decoder package for that connector? There are two connectors - one in roof and another in the passenger side A-pillar.

Thanks!

Vt is power ( Hot in Run & Accy) and Bk is ground, the Wh-Lg is the reverse inhibit wire on the mirror. As for the roof connector, Power is Bk/LtBl for the map lights. It is hot till the Smart Junction Box turns it off (approx 25-30 min.) after you turn off the car. Lg-Ye is the negitive trigger for the lights and Bk is ground for the Map/Dome lamps. Hope this helps.

Vt is power ( Hot in Run & Accy) and Bk is ground, the Wh-Lg is the reverse inhibit wire on the mirror. As for the roof connector, Power is Bk/LtBl for the map lights. It is hot till the Smart Junction Box turns it off (approx 25-30 min.) after you turn off the car. Lg-Ye is the negitive trigger for the lights and Bk is ground for the Map/Dome lamps. Hope this helps.

Is this circuit enough to run a radar detector (Valentine 1) off of? There's plenty of room inside the map light cover for the direct wiring module.

There have to be more wires, I recall about 10 (2x5) in the connector. There have to be some for the security system sensors (which my car has), and for the convertible top switch.

The mirror needs switched (on when key is on, I'm guessing for dimmer, compass and temp indicators) and "always hot(, I assume for the garage door buttons, although if they worked only when the ignition was on it wouldn't be a great loss, and might help prevent opening the door without a key.), although constant power may be needed for compass cal - I don't know.

Also, color code:

Vt - Violat?

Bk - black

Wh- White

Lg - ?

Ye - Yellow

LtBl - light blue

I didn't take a pic of the harness before I reassembled.

I just ran the mirror wires down to the fuse box and was easy anyway. Was not sure about the connection I saw up by the map lights. After that I used the exact same bracket and invisacord I have in my 05 Vette, and installed the bracket at the screw for the visor and wired the invisacord in to the mirror for radar detector power. Probably could have gotten power from that connector up there but no biggie and was getting it done on a weekend. I also changed my map and other lights out to LED. Next time see how hot those lights get and suck the power up if left on. You can also check power with the light probe tool as I did to verify power for other things.

There have to be more wires, I recall about 10 (2x5) in the connector. There have to be some for the security system sensors (which my car has), and for the convertible top switch.

The mirror needs switched (on when key is on, I'm guessing for dimmer, compass and temp indicators) and "always hot(, I assume for the garage door buttons, although if they worked only when the ignition was on it wouldn't be a great loss, and might help prevent opening the door without a key.), although constant power may be needed for compass cal - I don't know.

Also, color code:

Vt - Violat?

Bk - black

Wh- White

Lg - ?

Ye - Yellow

LtBl - light blue

I didn't take a pic of the harness before I reassembled.

Archived