TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baby Shelby

torchredgt

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LETS SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL ON THIS TOPIC. 1ST AND FOREMOST

THERE HAS ONLY BEEN ONE PERSON TO EVER WIN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN MOTOR RACING

AS A DRIVER , TEAM OWNER AND MANUFACTURE. THAT MAN IS CARROL SHELBY !

NO ONE ELSE HAS DONE THAT.

FURTHER MORE, AS A SHELBY GT500 OWNER I FELT THAT EVEN THOUGH MY GT500 VERT IS A

AWESOME CAR.THAT BEING SAID, I LOVE THE CAR , BUT I KNEW IF I TRUELY

WANTED A SHELBY WITH A SAI VIN # I WOULD HAVE TO PURCHASE A KR , SUPER SNAKE ,

SHELBY GT OR SOME SPECIALTY AFTER SALE PACKAGE OFFERED BY SAI.

THEN I READ THE ARTICLE IN MOTOR TREND ABOUT THE MUSTANG

SHOOTOUT BETWEEN THE SHELBY GT , ROUSH STAGE II AND THE SALEEN 281. THE SHELBY

WON THIS COMPETITION IN ALMOST EVER EVENT OR AREA MAKING IT THE ALL AROUND BEST

MUSTANG GT AND THE OVERALL WINNER OF THE SHOOTOUT.

THIS ARTICLE SOLIDIFIED IN MY MIND THAT THE SHELBY GT WAS THE REAL DEAL AND EVEN

MORE SO WHEN I DROVE ONE AT GINGERMAN RACEWAY AND WAS RUNNING

4 - 60 SECONDS FASTER A LAP THEN THE GT500'S OUT THERE.

THE SHELBY GT IS NO BABY SHELBY AND IT HAS THE GOODS TO OUT PERFORM

SALEENS , ROUSHS , GT5OO'S. IT HAS A REAL SHELBY VIN # AND IS BUILT

BY SAI IN VEGAS.

I AM SO PROUD AND PLEASED WITH MY NEW O8 SGT0123 GT-C THAT IT WILL BE WITH

ME TILL I CAN NO LONGER PUSH IN THE CLUTCH TO SHIFT. IT IS AN OUTSTANDINGLY

BALANCED PERFORMER AND IS SOMETHING TO BE RECKONED WITH ANY TIME IT IS

ON THE TRACK.

SO SCREW THAT GUY OR GUYS LIKE HIM THAT ARE IGNORANT TO THE HISTORY OR

PERFORMANCE OF THE SHELBY PRODUCTS. IT IS BETTER FOR ALL OF US WHO DO

KNOW ABOUT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF OWNING A SHELBY. WHICH WILL ONLY CONTINUE

TO MAKE OUR CARS LESS DESIRABLE TO THE UNEDUCATED SPORTS CAR BUYER AND

RARER FOR THOSE WHO OWN THEM. :happy feet:

SCOTTY

post-18850-1235877265_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1235877336_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1235877441_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1235877265_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1235877336_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1235877441_thumb.jpg

THEN I READ THE ARTICLE IN MOTOR TREND ABOUT THE MUSTANG

SHOOTOUT BETWEEN THE SHELBY GT , ROUSH STAGE II AND THE SALEEN 281. THE SHELBY

WON THIS COMPETITION IN ALMOST EVER EVENT OR AREA MAKING IT THE ALL AROUNG BEST

MUSTANG GT AND THE OVERALL WINNER OF THE SHOOTOUT.

One of the main reason why I sold the Saleen. I want a Shelby in my driveway.

Sorry but I gotta say, the only people I hear that knock the GT-500 as not being a "real Shelby" are you guys here on Team Shelby. I'm a member on several "Shelby" forums and it seems only people from the "SGT Forum" on this here site are the ones who always bring up the "real Shelby" b.s. threads. Take a look at the GT-500 sub forums here on this site.....it's not even a mention. And, i'd like to point out, it's always the same members who bring it up time and time again. Sorry some of you people have to live with telling yourself that your car is the real deal. Keep telling yourself that, if that's what makes you feel better.

All I know is, the GT-500 that is sitting in my garage as I write this has the name "Shelby" on the back of it, it's also in the "Shelby Registry", and is even signed by Carroll Shelby himself. Oh, and it too has a dash plaque with a VIN # stamped into it with the mans autograph on it also. I don't know what else to say about this topic.

I can guarantee you this.......take a peek on this sub forum 6 months from now. You'll see, on the very 1st page, somewhere inside the threads, there will be a mention of some sort about the SGT being a "real Shelby". It must suck trying to validate to yourself every day that the car you have in your garage is not a baby shelby but is in fact a real authentic shelby. God bless you people who need to do that on a daily basis.

.....to the rest of you people, you get it. Your SGT, my GT500, his GT500KR, and her GT/H are all "real shelbys"........if they weren't, they would NOT be in the registry.

One of the main reason why I sold the Saleen. I want a Shelby in my driveway.

EXACTLY MY POINT SHELBY BROTHER !!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

SCOTTY

Sorry but I gotta say, the only people I hear that knock the GT-500 as not being a "real Shelby" are you guys here on Team Shelby. I'm a member on several "Shelby" forums and it seems only people from the "SGT Forum" on this here site are the ones who always bring up the "real Shelby" b.s. threads. Take a look at the GT-500 sub forums here on this site.....it's not even a mention. And, i'd like to point out, it's always the same members who bring it up time and time again. Sorry some of you people have to live with telling yourself that your car is the real deal. Keep telling yourself that, if that's what makes you feel better.

All I know is, the GT-500 that is sitting in my garage as I write this has the name "Shelby" on the back of it, it's also in the "Shelby Registry", and is even signed by Carroll Shelby himself. Oh, and it too has a dash plaque with a VIN # stamped into it with the mans autograph on it also. I don't know what else to say about this topic.

I can guarantee you this.......take a peek on this sub forum 6 months from now. You'll see, on the very 1st page, somewhere inside the threads, there will be a mention of some sort about the SGT being a "real Shelby". It must suck trying to validate to yourself every day that the car you have in your garage is not a baby shelby but is in fact a real authentic shelby. God bless you people who need to do that on a daily basis.

.....to the rest of you people, you get it. Your SGT, my GT500, his GT500KR, and her GT/H are all "real shelbys"........if they weren't, they would NOT be in the registry.

Well said, now :grouphug:

Agreed, as long as it came out of the factory with the name bearing then it's real to me.

F'ing A cotton. F'ing A. :yup:

I was going to say "latter" but I thought you might think I was saying goodbye in a Jersey accent

we don sound like dat...do we..??

I went to the car wash on Wed...now they sayin a foot of snow maybe tonight into tomorrow....Grrrrrr

anyway...so I get to the car wash........didnt see any cars there so figure they'll have the time to do a good wash n wax...pull around the back to drive into the bay...and..they were washing up a new Lamborghini...ohhhhhhhhhh

I want one........

I'll park it behind my SGT

I also want a Shelby GT 500...!!!!!!!!!!

They are all time machines and head turners.........

I still wave to all Mustang Drivers..........

:)

Had a talk w/ a guy at Kragen auto parts yesterday which brought this issue into proper perspective for me.

He comented on my SGT and asked me " what stage is it?" I told him " Shelby's dont go by stages like a roush". We talked a bit more and came to the conclusion that, if Shelby's were identified by stage the SGT would be Stage 1, GT 500 stage 2, GT 500 KR stage 3 and super snake stage 4. SGT's are made in Vegas (true) but all of these cars were developed in collaboration with Shelby.

Shelby doesn't have the industrial base of SVT/ Ford, where the car was built is really a question of logistics (not pedigree).

When I bought my SGT I looked at GT's, GT 500's and a KR, I choose the SGT becuase I liked it. simple....

Really is a silly issue, don't ya think?

I agree 100% - If it says SHELBY on the vehicle, then its the real deal. If money were no object (and garage space) then I'd own one of each. The SGT and the GT500 (in any form) are both to be well respected for many reasons - the others who don't own one definitely do respect each of these!!

Andy.

I used to own a 1989 Shelby Daytona - 2.5 Turbo II - 5 Spd - That car was hella fun to drive in it's day! That was the whole concept!

It says Shelby on it - The Man himself had a hand in the developement of the package for the car. . . . . .

Real Shelby

Had a talk w/ a guy at Kragen auto parts yesterday which brought this issue into proper perspective for me.

He comented on my SGT and asked me " what stage is it?" I told him " Shelby's dont go by stages like a roush". We talked a bit more and came to the conclusion that, if Shelby's were identified by stage the SGT would be Stage 1, GT 500 stage 2, GT 500 KR stage 3 and super snake stage 4. SGT's are made in Vegas (true) but all of these cars were developed in collaboration with Shelby.

Shelby doesn't have the industrial base of SVT/ Ford, where the car was built is really a question of logistics (not pedigree).

When I bought my SGT I looked at GT's, GT 500's and a KR, I choose the SGT becuase I liked it. simple....

Same concept as i gave on if u wanna measure in age. Baby through adult. But i agree. People gotta stop fightin between themselves over this. Its gettin kinda dumb.

As I can not agree with Littel or bib baby or not, I will say that my SGT is my BABY and no one elses's so it really does not matter...I bought it because it puts a smile on my face every time I see it or drive it and I get many more compliments than insults and most insults are not worht my time I just smile..... :party2: :party2: :party2:

The only "Stage 2" for me is a simple supercharger upgrade for my SGT. The GT500 can be the "Stage 1" of the other line of awesome mustangs up to the SS. I preferred the look and lower stance of my SGT over the 500, that's why I bought it and I wouldn't want to change it. =)

That plus any GT500 up here in Canada at the time that I could find was about 30k more than the SGT I was able to obtain, and used.

Gentlemen,

During my decade and a half as an air show performer, many times at military bases across the country, I traded and collected patches and squadron insignias from several different military units. The conversation in this thread reminds me of one in particular I was given by an F-14 Navy pilot over 10 years ago. My 500 plus horsepower supercharged Shelby GT has yet to meet it's match on the street. Exotic automobiles costing double and triple what I paid for this Shelby have been humbled. Perhaps this patch should become the new insignia and slogan for the Shelby GT/SC. What do you think?

Chip

post-12804-1236012312_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1236012312_thumb.jpg

Here's my view to those interested....

I am a member of SAAC as well as Team Shelby. Very interesting story..........

I had asked on the SAAC forum about "why the Ford GT is in the new SHELBY registry" and not the new Generation Shelby's.

I was attacked by one of the administrators! Name withheld. Apparantly he bought a used Ford GT and was defending it like crazy. No problem. I asked again and was attacked again! I printed all his remarks before he deleted it.

He completely dismissed my car..the GT-H. Which ironically graced the Cover of the SHELBY AMERICAN MAGAZINE last year. (4 GT-H cars on the track).

Here is an administrator insulting a new member of SAAC because he did'nt like my question of a FORD GT.

The general view of the new generation cars is that they have NO PROVENANCE..............Are they kidding? The new cars have all the provenance they will ever need. They bear the SHELBY name.

Anyway, I had received several private emails from SAAC people expressing to me that I was right. The Ford GT has no place in a SHELBY registry.

The new generation Shelby's are not really recognized as Shelby's at all by some SAAC people.

Regarding the baby shelby phrase........Does it matter if they were built by Ford or shipped to Shelby Automobiles.

Well......65-67 mustangs were sent to Shelby American. The 68 - 70 models (Shelby Automotive) were built at Ford (AO Smith).

Are they Shelby's? You bet your ass they are. So are the Dodge cars. If a model is a Shelby.........it's a Shelby.

Do you really give a hoot who and how your car is Rated?

They are all great cars. the GT or GT500. Different strokes for different folks........Enjoy

Here's my view to those interested....

I am a member of SAAC as well as Team Shelby. Very interesting story..........

I had asked on the SAAC forum about "why the Ford GT is in the new SHELBY registry" and not the new Generation Shelby's.

I was attacked by one of the administrators! Name withheld. Apparantly he bought a used Ford GT and was defending it like crazy. No problem. I asked again and was attacked again! I printed all his remarks before he deleted it.

He completely dismissed my car..the GT-H. Which ironically graced the Cover of the SHELBY AMERICAN MAGAZINE last year. (4 GT-H cars on the track).

Here is an administrator insulting a new member of SAAC because he did'nt like my question of a FORD GT.

The general view of the new generation cars is that they have NO PROVENANCE..............Are they kidding? The new cars have all the provenance they will ever need. They bear the SHELBY name.

Anyway, I had received several private emails from SAAC people expressing to me that I was right. The Ford GT has no place in a SHELBY registry.

The new generation Shelby's are not really recognized as Shelby's at all by some SAAC people.

Regarding the baby shelby phrase........Does it matter if they were built by Ford or shipped to Shelby Automobiles.

Well......65-67 mustangs were sent to Shelby American. The 68 - 70 models (Shelby Automotive) were built at Ford (AO Smith).

Are they Shelby's? You bet your ass they are. So are the Dodge cars. If a model is a Shelby.........it's a Shelby.

Do you really give a hoot who and how your car is Rated?

They are all great cars. the GT or GT500. Different strokes for different folks........Enjoy

GREAT POINTS PHILIP, I COULD NOT AGREE MORE. YOUR WHOLE POST HITS THE NAIL

ON THE HEAD.

SCOTTY

Archived