TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bonus looks like it may be 5-10k more than I thought.................

I bought my Shelby GT as an early bonus present to myself. Anyway, I will find out for sure the end of next week, but I am pretty sure my bonus is going to be 5-10 Grand more than I originally thought.

I live around the corner from Tasca and was contemplating a Whipple. My question for those that have one or have looked into one is what other options should I do while I have Tasca working on the car. Wheels and brakes might tip the budget, I was thinking of stuff like the Gauges and what-not. Please give me any advice you might have. Also, how much is a Polished Whipple installed?

Thanks all, now I have to convince the wife. I am kind of glad I did not know how much I was getting, I might not have bought the Shelby GT if I knew. I love this car and am glad I bought it.

i can't tell you any prices but.....................There have recently been some advancements in the whipple blowers,Make sure you inquire,or do a little research on your own and get the newest available.Just my opinion.

I got a nice bonus also...but it went to my daughter's college fund!!!

She'll end up w/ my Shelby AND the money!!! :lol:

Wow A 5- 10K bonus You must work for a bank or Insurance co. Great to mod the car with thats for sure.

I think he said that his bonus is going to be 5-10K higher than what he thought.

My quess is he's getting way more than that. :headspin:

Carnut,

My most humble recommendation is that if you can't or don't want to do both the Whipple and a brake upgrade at the same time, then postpone the Whipple and do the brakes first. I've always found it prudent to have more braking capability than engine power. It's really nice to know you can stop RIGHT NOW, especially when you're flying down the street on full afterburner...

I bought my Shelby GT as an early bonus present to myself. Anyway, I will find out for sure the end of next week, but I am pretty sure my bonus is going to be 5-10 Grand more than I originally thought.

I live around the corner from Tasca and was contemplating a Whipple. My question for those that have one or have looked into one is what other options should I do while I have Tasca working on the car. Wheels and brakes might tip the budget, I was thinking of stuff like the Gauges and what-not. Please give me any advice you might have. Also, how much is a Polished Whipple installed?

Thanks all, now I have to convince the wife. I am kind of glad I did not know how much I was getting, I might not have bought the Shelby GT if I knew. I love this car and am glad I bought it.

Whipple HO (Intercooled), polished.

Gauge package

20" razors with Nittos.

ought to just about take care of $10K.

it's easy for us to suggest what you need for your car,after all it's not our money.how about some ceramic headers and one piece aluminum drive-shaft.if you put headers on a supercharged car then you will usually get twice the horsepower out of the headers than stock motor.jba sells some very nice headers.don't you just love money-pitts.i can always find things to spend on this car.i bought this car instead of a classic because the old 66 gto i had was a money-pitt. i told my wife this shelby would'nt need anything because it's complete.she gave me a new name.---lier---it's a disease isn't it. good-luck.

Polishshed Whipple $7,500 +

Wheels and Tires $2,100 +

Gauge Pkg. $1,200 +

Brake Kit $2,500 +

Time it takes to polish the Whipple every week.........................priceless! :)

The prices listed are approximate. Your's could be higher. From what I have read in the forum, Tasca's pricing is higher than SAI. Some say due to the labor rate differential from Vegas to New Englanld.

Archived