TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'06 Fuel Guage Calibration

Route 06V6

I recently purchased an '06 V6 convertible (vista blue with the pony package). Great car and having tons of fun in the sun... After filling the gas tank for the first time, the fuel gauge needle now pegs the far right side and when empty it will approach 1/2 full. Is there an easy fix to re-calibrate the fuel guage or is this something the dealer should handle? I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and pulling and re-inserting the fuses to the instrument panel thinking this would do the trick. Thanks in advance!

That's a dealer warranty issue. You'll also notice if you leave the car running when your filling it, it won't show full until the car is shut off and started again. The sender (I think) is +/- 5 VDC and it's not uncommon for senders/sensors to fail right out of the box. It's a common failure in my field anyway.

UPDATE...I took my car in this morning to see what was going on with my fuel guage. Spoke with the service rep this afternoon. Apparently the fuel sender/sensor is OK. The rep said the instrument cluster went bad and will be replaced...what are the chances of this happening? Hopefully they'll have the cluster in tomorrow and I'll be back in the saddle again...

Update (#2)...Spoke with service rep yesterday. There is a backorder on the instrument clusters. He is hoping to have it in within the week. He was surprised that it was going to take that long to get the cluster in...maybe Ford is having problems with their supplier? :shrug: Puts a major damper on cruising this weekend...

Archived