TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone use Dry Wash-N-Guard?

motorjock205

I have used the Dry Wash-N-Guard product on almost all of my cars for years....I first started using it when I owned a Black Dodge Ram 1500 4X4. I was working at a car show and a guy had a Black GT there that he was demonstrating the product on...He had said something about it keeping water spots down and I didn't believe him. At the end of the day, he came and got me and sprayed water all over the hood of this new Mustang that he had there, then he put a heat lamp on it...he said "Come back and see me first thing in the morning." Well, I went back first thing in the morning, and sure enough, there were water spots all over that pretty black Mustang...This guy takes a terry cloth towel, sprays some of this Dry Wash-N-Guard on the hood, wipes it to a haze, flips the towel over and polishes it off with a few strokes, and lo and behold there aren't any water spots anywhere to be seen!!!! I examined it VERY closely and couldn't detect any trace of the water spots....I boutght a $40.00 bottle of the stuff on the spot! It comes with a couple of smaller bottles that you pour the product into then pump the smaller bottle up with air. I used it on my SGT last night, and I love the look...it actually makes the Blue look just a little bit more Blue to me!

Here's a link if anyone is interested....I'm not affiliated in any way...just like the product for quick touch ups and show car look!

http://www.dwgint.com/2007/home.shtml?dist...Id=&index2=

I have used the Dry Wash-N-Guard product on almost all of my cars for years....I first started using it when I owned a Black Dodge Ram 1500 4X4. I was working at a car show and a guy had a Black GT there that he was demonstrating the product on...He had said something about it keeping water spots down and I didn't believe him. At the end of the day, he came and got me and sprayed water all over the hood of this new Mustang that he had there, then he put a heat lamp on it...he said "Come back and see me first thing in the morning." Well, I went back first thing in the morning, and sure enough, there were water spots all over that pretty black Mustang...This guy takes a terry cloth towel, sprays some of this Dry Wash-N-Guard on the hood, wipes it to a haze, flips the towel over and polishes it off with a few strokes, and lo and behold there aren't any water spots anywhere to be seen!!!! I examined it VERY closely and couldn't detect any trace of the water spots....I boutght a $40.00 bottle of the stuff on the spot! It comes with a couple of smaller bottles that you pour the product into then pump the smaller bottle up with air. I used it on my SGT last night, and I love the look...it actually makes the Blue look just a little bit more Blue to me!

Here's a link if anyone is interested....I'm not affiliated in any way...just like the product for quick touch ups and show car look!

Maybe I'm missing something here, but where is the magic in that? You could easily respray it down with plain old water and wipe it down with a microfiber towel and the water spots would be gone too. No chemical needed.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but where is the magic in that? You could easily respray it down with plain old water and wipe it down with a microfiber towel and the water spots would be gone too. No chemical needed.

Well, this also works GREAT on getting bugs, bird droppings and road tar off of your vehicle without maring the finish in any way....just spray some on, let it sit for a little bit, then wipe it off...I love it!

i'd love to make my car shiny and clean. but driving it everyday in the city just makes it impossible. i'd have to wash and detail everyday. and also i dont have anything to park it under.

all i can do is wash it and then throw some Mcguiars cleaner wax on it and go. and once in a while hit the bird droppings with some detailing spray just to keep it from eating the paint.

i need some rubber floor mats too. my carpet mats are starting to show some use.

where can i get some? i know i can order some from the ford dealer for $9,999,999. but anywhere i can get cheaper ones? maybe walmart? would they have some that fit the mustang?

BE CAREFUL!!! Alot of this stuff is designed for Gelcoat(RV'S,boats) not clearcoat.I have seen horrible marring from stuff like that. Read the labels carefully and test it on a beater car first. Just my opinoin.

I have been using this stuff for years on my toys. In fact my 1968 Dodge Charger RT hasn't been washed with water since 1999 and it is pretty damn clean. I have never tried it on my daily drivers because I actually wash my toys because they really never get very dirty. It protects your finish so well that my Charger only gets a full detailing once a year.

I have not used it on my GT 500 as yet but plan to. I have been driving it a lot lately and a few times in the rain so a good old standard water and soap wash is what it gets.

i need some rubber floor mats too. my carpet mats are starting to show some use.

where can i get some? i know i can order some from the ford dealer for $9,999,999. but anywhere i can get cheaper ones? maybe walmart? would they have some that fit the mustang?

I have been thinking about a pair of oem Mustang GT mats from the oem takeoff site for $40. For right now, I have my Shelby ones upside down to keep them nice...

I use a pair of Pep Boy's 20 buck black mats on top of the Shelby mats. I'll replace them every year or so and keep the Shelby's like new. Maybe a car cover would help for UV and bird and tree residue. It's just a lot of work to keep a car nice without a garage. Good luck.

Jim

Archived