TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone have info on good shop in the San Francisco-Bay Area

pmorritt

Well, have had her for 2 months-'08 GT500-Vapor w/ two tone blk/red int. I see a need for two upgrades. First I want to upgrade the suspension-'bout 1"in front and 1.5" rear. But I want to do it the right way so that the geometry of the suspension is correct for the lowered height. Next a CAI package and perhaps a smaller pulley while i'm at it. I believe a remapping is in order as all newer cars come set very lean for emissions and with increased air that might/will cause an over-lean condition which could be catastrophic. Or am I wrong and the ecu will compensate for this?

Anyway, does anyone live inthe SF Bay Area that can recommend a good shop to these mods. I specifically live in San Rafael.

1) if you go with a CAI you MUST have a new tune - and if you add a smaller pulley the tuner needs to know that as well. Guys like Evolution, JLT, Lethal and VMP (all vendors on this site) can sell you the right package that will be safe for your car. They're tested by hundreds and hundreds of members... much safer, IMO, than a local guy who may only tune a handful of GT500's a year.

2) You're right to be worried about running lean - if you just do a CAI that's what will happen.

3) One thing you're mistaken on... the factory tune, if anything, is overly rich (not lean) to be ultra safe.

Sorry - can't help with the question about local shops, but I'm sure someone will chime in who can.

Enjoy the ride!!

Yes the tune is rather rich from the factory. A CAI and tune with really wake up the power in this car. I highly recommend ordering a JLT Kit with a tune from one of our great vendors. JLT, Evolution, Lethal Performance, and VMP, just to name a few. Just do a search and go with a tuner that you feel comfortable with. Either Fred or Justin are great to tuners, and will answer any questions you have. As far as shops go, there are a few to choose from here in the bay area. I can't speak for Apex, but quite a few of the bay area shelby owners have dealt with NextGen in Hayward with great sucess. If you do a search for them, you will see for yourself. Good luck with everything..

http://www.nextgenautosport.com/ *ask for Daniel, and tell him David with the Black GT500 sent you :D

Yes the tune is rather rich from the factory. A CAI and tune with really wake up the power in this car. I highly recommend ordering a JLT Kit with a tune from one of our great vendors. JLT, Evolution, Lethal Performance, and VMP, just to name a few. Just do a search and go with a tuner that you feel comfortable with. Either Fred or Justin are great to tuners, and will answer any questions you have. As far as shops go, there are a few to choose from here in the bay area. I can't speak for Apex, but quite a few of the bay area shelby owners have dealt with NextGen in Hayward with great sucess. If you do a search for them, you will see for yourself. Good luck with everything..

http://www.nextgenautosport.com/ *ask for Daniel, and tell him David with the Black GT500 sent you :D

[/quote

Thanks for your replies. I'll check out both shops.

You can never have enuf HP! :happy feet:

Archived