TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT Mustang: A Balanced small block dose of modern Shelby Mustang magic

Guest staff2

Take away 400 lbs. and I'll rule the world!!! (or at least the part of it that I can command for 30k :rolleyes:) That pic reminds me of one I say in a reprint of a car mag in the early 80's, (looks GOOD!!) I am learning to like it. Are my values shifting, or am I just getting old...?

I don't get it, in one paragraph John Felice said, “The new Shelby GT is a low-volume, extremely collectable Mustang for enthusiasts, " and not two sentences later CS says, “We have been overwhelmed at the number of people who want to buy a version of the Shelby GT-H." What this means to me is that I'm not going to be able to touch one because of ADM.

I really want one of these but when I hear talk like that it makes me want to give up already. Come on Ford and CS, do us “enthusiasts” right, make enough so we can afford to buy one.

EDIT: Make mine white please.

Take away 400 lbs. and I'll rule the world!!! (or at least the part of it that I can command for 30k :rolleyes:) That pic reminds me of one I say in a reprint of a car mag in the early 80's, (looks GOOD!!) I am learning to like it. Are my values shifting, or am I just getting old...?

No your not getting old I wish they would have introduce the Shelby G.T 500 , G.T -H & G.T all at the same time I think I might have opt for the G.T. Probably would have got it alot sooner as per Ol` Shelby says doesn`t take us 2years to build a car. Hau agrees they couldn`t handle it.

ANY Comments?

30k? Just like msrp on the GT500 was going to be 43 right????? In my area a "normal" 07 GT has 3K ADM on it right now.

GT500 GT Mustang

MSRP 43 30

ADM 20 10

63 40

30k? Just like msrp on the GT500 was going to be 43 right????? In my area a "normal" 07 GT has 3K ADM on it right now.

GT500 GT Mustang

MSRP 43 30

ADM 20 10

63 40

Thats why I installed the roll-eyes smile. I had originally thought that this GT+ was going to be a Flat Rock assembled car, thereby an option pkg.(wishful thinking) and taking some heat off of the GT500. I want a GT500 badley and am now grasping at straws, in the hope I can get one for what its worth to me.(less than a couple grand over) Having said that I am still keeping my eye on the bigger picture, and I really like the marketing synergy with Ford, Mustang, and Ford Racing, as well as Shelby Auto. in a real(actually through Vegas) sense. As the Shelby GT is not the car I want, I was initially against it, but a little time and distance makes me hold out hope that Ford is starting to see the light on high-performacnce VS. marketing and "sporty" type sticker cars. I just wish I had a bit more faith in terms of factory engineering content. I am willing to be swayed... :tequila:

In support of Ford’s “steed for every need” strategy, Ford now offers four horsepower options for Mustang, with pricing from $19,995 for a 240-hp V-6 Mustang coupe to $46,500 for a 500-hp Shelby GT500 convertible.

I come over from BlueOvalForums every once in a while. I'm registered there, but caught this and was wondering what the 240 horsepower figure was about. It must be a misprint because I keep up with Ford news pretty well and I haven't heard anything about either the Cologne getting a bump in HP or them pushing forward with putting the Duratec 35 in the Mustang for '07. Maybe they just confused HP and torque figures.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Archived